Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wonder if the people avoiding wearing masks are invested in companies that do facial recognition.

I mean, if we want to talk about an industry that will have a hard time rebounding from this, its that one. When masks are socially acceptable, facial recognition has problems.

Need one of those "two button" memes to show the choice between requiring masks in public vs banning masks at political rallies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    And this is probably the most retarded point of all. That people don't agree on these points doesn't logically conclude with, "therefore you are asleep."

You are being disingenuous. "Wake up people" and "open your eyes" are expressions about looking closer at something, analyzing it and seeing the real stuff behind the facade - not about sleeping. I think you know that because everybody else does.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Alright, I am making my once every 6 week supply run to Walmart, Kroger, Aldis in case any freedom loving, "I ain' t wearin' no mask because I am free", blatant sneezing and coughing germ factory want's to see how clean the floors are at any of those establishments.

Walmart and Kroger are outdoor pick ups, so I will be in/near my truck, but as I walk the streets of Aldis, a loaded six gun on my back, I'll be playin for keeps because I might not make it back. I will go everywhere though and see a hundred faces, ready to rock them all.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Need one of those "two button" memes to show the choice between requiring masks in public vs banning masks at political rallies.

Paging Mr. GPIA7shhrfurihng... Mr. GPIA7shfufghgningg, please pick up the red courtesy phone.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    His plan was a little better than I expected given how scared the sheeple are. I think the whole mask thing is a sop the those that have been hiding in their homes watching CNN and are scared out of their wits. Not realizing that many of us have been out all along and now hate being told we have to wear a mask when things are getting better...

Remind me again - are the "sheeple" the ones that want to contain and control the virus's spread, or are they the ones being convinced that this a government plot to destroy religious freedom, by using a a virus created by the Chinese?

Which begs the question - Is the virus bad or not? On one hand it's bad because the Chinese caused and they're all bad people. On the other hand, the lockdown is dumb because it's just like common flu. Make up your collective minds.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Is there any possibility China will report anything close to their actual experience data?

At this moment, they appear to be fools to the rest of the world.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You are being disingenuous. "Wake up people" and "open your eyes" are expressions about looking closer at something, analyzing it and seeing the real stuff behind the facade - not about sleeping. I think you know that because everybody else does.

Curious that the expected outcome of "waking up" and analyzing something is always what you know to be true - everyone else is just blind to what you see.

Let me ask: is the dress white and gold or blue and black?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Have the masters of all that is woke told us yet which kinds of masks are privileged, racist, and socially acceptable?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Is there any possibility China will report anything close to their actual experience data?

Does it actually matter?

And to be honest, I think that perception is well deserved for manifold reasons. Well, not fools, which implies a total lack of intelligence...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

IMHO, no.

But, I go back to my familiarity with the Soviet system. The national authorities might not be getting accurate numbers from the regional authorities who may not be getting accurate numbers from the local authorities. No one wants to go to the re-education camp over the reports. Everyone up the chain winks and nods about what's going on and pretty soon everybody lives to fight another day.

Except the dead people. But those people aren't likely to self-report their deaths.

There is no cake.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Washington state banned all recreational fishing and shell fishing in the state. This was stated to be specifically for the "health and well-being of Washington's families". This is not implied as you say, it was specifically stated in a news release. BS!

So you're saying that when they banned recreational fishing and shell fishing in the state that it was not for the "health and well-being of Washington's families"?

Okay, so what's your evidence of that? Because the governor getting his stage makeup done is not evidence that they banned recreational fishing for reasons other than public health. Again. I'm not saying that I agree with the laws. I'm saying the reasoning is flawed behind all those statements claiming that those rules were not made for the benefit of public health.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Curious that the expected outcome of "waking up" and analyzing something is always what you know to be true - everyone else is just blind to what you see.
    Let me ask: is the dress white and gold or blue and black?

I intentionally did not include any opinions in that statement so there is nothing there that is about what I know to be true. It is a very generic call to examine something deeper than the smoke and mirrors. It is common knowledge that sometimes governments and officials from both sides say things that are misleading and untrue - like If you like your healthcare insurance you can keep your healthcare insurance.

As to the question - I have no idea - I can't see your dress. :)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The most densely populated of those 7 states is Arkansas which has less than 1/3 the population density of Indiana. Several of the states have 1/10th the population density.

Not comparable in the least

None of those states remained completely open and no matter what they call their measures, some are tough to distinguish from what Indiana did. Look at these websites...if you want truth...and CNN is an interesting place to try to find it, and tell be ANY of those states "stayed open".

https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programs-services/topics/novel-coronavirus

https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/proclamations

COVID-19 Nebraska Guidance Documents (reopening guidelines? I thought the never closed.)

https://ndresponse.gov/covid-19-resources/covid-19-business-and-employer-resources/nd-smart-restart (Hey, ND, how do you have a "smart restart" if you never stopped?)

https://doh.sd.gov/documents/COVID19/COVID_SDPlan_BackToNormal.pdf (Wait, back to normal plan? I thought...)

https://coronavirus.utah.gov/

https://health.wyo.gov/publichealth...vel-coronavirus/covid-19-orders-and-guidance/

Maybe these governors were just smart enough to not call their measures a "stay at home" order.

Now do Florida

FL population: 21.48 million population density: 353.4 people/sq. mile WuVid 19 deaths: 1399 Deaths/ 1 million: 68

IN population: 6.73 million population density: 184.9 people/sq. mile WuVid 19 deaths: 1264 Deaths/ 1 million: 190

Florida went with far less draconian measures. Please compare and contrast in such a way to support your contention that this is driven by population density

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Grocery stores are also ideal places for spreading disease just as much as voting places, even more so because you only vote once in a great while but you go to the grocery store pretty often.
    I have no problem getting everything I need from the grocery store delivered to my house - this seems very practical to me, not sure what you mean when you say it isn't.
    There definitely is a connection in that they are places that people go and in the past the people were in close proximity to each other. That is the connection you can't seem to see. Yet they are treated differently - and that is because of politics - not because of your health.

Just because there are some similarities doesn't mean you can draw the conclusions you wish to draw. You can still vote. How can people buy food if they close grocery stores? For some things, sure. And that's why UPS shipments are way up. But there's no way we have the infrastructure to close grocery stores and deliver groceries to every family. That's not just not practical, it's impossible. But, voting by mail, though not ideal, is practical. The point is, the logical conclusion to solve the two feigned dichotomies is not, "because it's not because of your health". You throw something else in there that's true that WOULD lead to that conclusion, and sure. I'm fine believing that. But the premise given is not sufficient.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Exactly. Well, randomized testing in a way that represents the population, would give a pretty good idea of actual infection rates. And it does not require testing everyone. Speaking of testing everyone, you send in your swab, then the government gets your dna.

:tinfoil:

Just kidding.

No I'm not.

Or am I?

Dude, you're the one that had the colonoscopy. Why do you think they want everybody to get one? What do you think they do with the clippings?

They're already growing your clone

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom