Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Oh, a sneeze warrants violence on your part. This is just as off the charts stupid as the leftists and their craziness...
    Yep.
    If someone is doing it Intentionally then ok, do what you wish. But someone just doing it in your vacinty? Rediculous.
    If you are that terrified you just better not leave the house.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And I'm seeing several states threatening misdemeanor prosecution for a first offense [violating their rules]and felony prosecution for repeat offenders. Bye Bye LTCH if they can get away with that?

If it looks like a boot, feels like a boot, and leaves treadmarks on your neck; it's probably a boot

Edit:Clarification, prosecution threat not specifically against mask rules but they have not been exempted

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BugI02...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    More police just following orders. I think I found cops who do this kind of order followings flag.

None of the cops I know would behave like this or like the video I saw out in Wisconsin.
    Stand up.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    “When the State tells you it's safe to go to Home Depot to buy a sponge
    but dangerous to go and buy a flower, it's not about your health.

When the State shuts down millions of private businesses
    but doesn’t lay off a single government employee, it's not about your health.

When the State prevents you from buying cucumber seeds because it's dangerous,
    but allows in person lottery ticket sales, it's not about your health.

When the State tells you it's dangerous to go golf alone, fish alone or be in a motor boat alone,
    but the Governor can get his stage make up done, and hair done for 5 TV appearances a week, it's not about your health.

When the state puts you IN a jail cell for walking in a park with your child because it’s too dangerous
    but let’s criminals OUT of jail cells for their health- It’s not about YOUR health!

When the state tells you it’s too dangerous to get treated by a doctor of chiropractic or physical therapy treatments
    yet deems a liquor store essential- It’s not about your health!

When the State lets you go to the grocery store or hardware store
    but is demanding mail-in voting, ITS NOT ABOUT YOUR HEALTH.

WAKE UP PEOPLE — If you think this is all about your health you’re mistaken!
    Please open your eyes! Stop being lead like blind sheep.”

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Next time out, take some time to study folks wearing their masks. Watch how many times they touch their mask. Then what do they touch? Then what do they touch again?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You got to admit. These are strange times.
    My personal bubble has definitely gotten bigger.

What's with all the conspiracy about the virus anyway?
    We watch the epidemic in China, then it's a pandemic that hits Korea... then Italy... then the rest of the world.... REALLY HARD.

But the second it hits the United States.......... it's all a hoax, a government take over, and the virus is not that bad, it's actually the 5G antennas causing the symptoms, Blah Blah Blah...

What? I saw it coming and what it could do just like everyone else did. So why is it only BS here in the states? Was the rest of the world part of the conspiracy just to squash American citizen's rights? That's a hell of a cover-up, don't ya think?

It's a virus.
    It doesn't care about your rights. It doesn't care about who you are or where you live. It's the same virus that hit the rest of the world before coming here. I think we've done pretty good despite all the politics and dumb asses trying to act like it's all made up. Why did it not hit us as hard as the other countries? Because thankfully we took preventative measures and they worked. That should have been a good thing but NO.... it must be part of that lie they keep telling us.

Please step outside the box and see how ridiculous this is all getting.

"But the model... it's all a lie". -- And that's because you see and hear ONLY what you want to see and hear to fit your own agenda.
    Are there bad people taking advantage of this? Yes, because that's what bad people do. Don't harp on that and move on already.

Acceptance people. We all need to be in the acceptance phase to move on with our lives. It's not that hard.

I think a lot of people would be fine with wearing masks. But they think it's just too damn important to be spiteful when the government requires them to wear it. What is this, 3rd grade?

So.....
    Anyone really care to hear about the 2nd wave yet? :dunno:

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    And Menards is free to turn you away if you don't wear one, apparently.

Menards at Southport & Emerson today.

Menards.jpg

There was a line to get in, but it was moving pretty quickly. Radio communication between the one entrance door and the one exit door to keep count of customers in and out.

No such restrictions at the Lowes in Beech Grove, and a mix of about half and half on mask usage.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I heard of one guy who had the body-bag detail in his hospital. He stated that he felt one factor not being discussed is obesity...

It's a huge factor that seems to be going largely unreported...

Study: High Blood Pressure, Obesity Are Most Common Comorbidities in COVID-19 Patients

Among the 5,350 patients who presented with a comorbid condition, more than 3,000 – or nearly 57% – had high blood pressure, while 41.7% were obese and 33.8% had diabetes, according to the study.

I imagine that if you hit the trifecta and are an obese diabetic with high blood pressure, you're basically screwed. It would be nice if such people were rare, but they are not.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Menards at Southport & Emerson today.

Menards.jpg

There was a line to get in, but it was moving pretty quickly. Radio communication between the one entrance door and the one exit door to keep count of customers in and out.

No such restrictions at the Lowes in Beech Grove, and a mix of about half and half on mask usage.

And.....and everyone was standing on their blue "x"
    [video=youtube;9efgLHgsBmM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9efgLHgsBmM[/video]

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    what does ratio mean?

seems like the link is taken down

Link still works for me.

In Twitter "being ratioed" means that you have a lot more comments (11.1K) than retweets (688) or likes (1.4K). Generally people like/retweet things they agree with. Their only way to show disapproval is via comments. So, when comments overwhelm retweets, it is generally because of an overwhelmingly negative response.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Not sure why the continued anti-mask sentiment, unless that was a different angle I didn't pick up on.

unnamed.png

WTHR ran a fact check on this graphic. It is based on percentages using N95 masks, not surgical or homemade masks which are what the graphic portrays.
    If you are not social distancing there may be some value to wearing a mask. If you are social distancing there is little proof that masks have any significant value.
    My original question was why reporters are wearing masks with no one else around.

This makes sense then, in the few studies that have been done N95's were the most effective followed by the traditional surgical mask with the cloth masks a very distant third. These cloth masks are pretty much akin to carrying a rabbits foot IMO. This isn't even taking into account the awful compliance with proper PPE procedures. I'm sure we've all by now seen the poor mask use by both shoppers and workers at stores which gets even more comical when you add gloves to the mix.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Good luck finding a court to agree. Humans always breathe tons of germs, it is normal function of life. You are being either a troll or ridiculous...

Exactly. There is a difference between someone inadvertently coughing/sneezing within someone else's general vicinity (a normal part of being in public) and someone intentionally coughing/sneezing at someone with the intent of transferring bodily fluids/germs (which I agree would constitute an assault, regardless of the makeup of any given germs in the expelled bodily fluids - and I believe most state statutes agree as well, with respect to bodily fluids?).

The difference determines whether the actions of the person responding with physical force is acting as an aggressor or in self-defense. And I agree: good luck proving the difference to a judge or jury.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom