• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And Menards is free to turn you away if you don't wear one, apparently.

No one here is dictating that anyone do anything. Just talking about effectiveness of preventative measures. I think wearing masks lowers the possibility of getting it. So I'm fine with it. I think I've worn one maybe once so far?

You don't have to make this into a bigger thing than it is. I don't think anyone in the US is being "dictated and threatened" regarding masks. It's just a choice that some can make right now that could benefit everyone. There's not always a government boot involved.

Menards is a free business that can chose how they do business. It is government edict I speak of...

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I remember when my Dad was stationed in Korea in the early 70s, it was very common practice (also a moral imperative) that you worn a face mask if you were sick. During winter you see a sea of white masks in public.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Rights or not, if someone isn't wearing a mask, gets in my space, and coughs or sneezes anywhere around me, they better expect to find themselves sitting on their ass when their eyes open.

You prolly better just stay home. :nono::nono::nono: Let someone else bring you your toilet paper.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    A sneeze is violence. My space is my space in these times. I might be forgiving to someone old, but if they are wearing a Don't tread on me t-shirt or some such nonsense to show me they have a right not to wear a mask and to sneeze and cough on me, then violence begets violence.

Oh, a sneeze warrants violence on your part. This is just as off the charts stupid as the leftists and their craziness...

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, gee, when the "invade my space and I'll attack you" people and the "nobody can violate my right to go where I want or make me wear a mask" crowd meet, I hope I can avoid being collateral damage.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I remember when my Dad was stationed in Korea in the early 70s, it was very common practice (also a moral imperative) that you worn a face mask if you were sick. During winter you see a sea of white masks in public.

Yep, common practice in Asian countries for a long time, and for good reasons.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not sure why the continued anti-mask sentiment, unless that was a different angle I didn't pick up on.

unnamed.png

bos-covid19.gif

wear-a-mask.jpg

Hey, GP

Can I get a source for the first graphic about contagion probability? It's not that I want to argue about it. My wife is going to have to be at work occasionally after we open up tomorrow and she is stressing a bit about it. She's a 'listen to the experts' kind of person, so if it is from a source she considers informed I think it will serve to reassure her a bit

Edit: I can't track it beyond Novant Health in Charlotte, and seen in situ there is a caveat that the asterisk after the risk percentages means they are for illustrative purposes only. Wish they were based on CDC or NIH info

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A sneeze is violence. My space is my space in these times. I might be forgiving to someone old, but if they are wearing a Don't tread on me t-shirt or some such nonsense to show me they have a right not to wear a mask and to sneeze and cough on me, then violence begets violence.

Good luck finding a court to agree. Humans always breathe tons of germs, it is normal function of life. You are being either a troll or ridiculous...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    And Menards is free to turn you away if you don't wear one, apparently.

No one here is dictating that anyone do anything. Just talking about effectiveness of preventative measures. I think wearing masks lowers the possibility of getting it. So I'm fine with it. I think I've worn one maybe once so far?

You don't have to make this into a bigger thing than it is. I don't think anyone in the US is being "dictated and threatened" regarding masks. It's just a choice that some can make right now that could benefit everyone. There's not always a government boot involved.

You sure about that? This is my home state. It's not the only one that has instituted "masks required in public" decrees by fiat.

Pennsylvania’s Mandatory Mask Policy Now in Effect
    Many Pennsylvania commercial buildings that serve the public will now be required to make sure customers wear masks, and deny entry to anyone who refuses

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I carry a cane to assist me with a bad back. It extends out to a walking staff.

It is also very effective in enforcing a semi-social distance. Only semi-however. It will stop an aggressor long enough for further defensive measures.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Uh no, it's not. A sneeze is involuntary and I don't think that it's considered "violence" by any legitimate legal system in the world.

Now if someone were to purposefully walk up to someone else knowing they had to sneeze, and did so directly into their face, they may deserve a punch in the nose, but legally I doubt it would be justified.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    (...waiting for the first Covid-inspired training video...)

Tatted instructor: "And....FIGHT!"

Role-playing aggressor guy: "Hey, can you tell me where the nearest..."

Tatted instructor: "SCHTOPPPP!!! BLAM-BLAM-BLAM"

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not sure why the continued anti-mask sentiment, unless that was a different angle I didn't pick up on.

unnamed.png

WTHR ran a fact check on this graphic. It is based on percentages using N95 masks, not surgical or homemade masks which are what the graphic portrays.
    If you are not social distancing there may be some value to wearing a mask. If you are social distancing there is little proof that masks have any significant value.
    My original question was why reporters are wearing masks with no one else around.

Catching up, never mind GP. Thanks KMaC, that was the info I was looking for

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

And I'm seeing several states threatening misdemeanor prosecution for a first offense [violating their rules]and felony prosecution for repeat offenders. Bye Bye LTCH if they can get away with that?

If it looks like a boot, feels like a boot, and leaves treadmarks on your neck; it's probably a boot

Edit:Clarification, prosecution threat not specifically against mask rules but they have not been exempted

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom