HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Darned if I know.

I'm reveling in this no haircuts thing.

Today, I switched my part to the other side. 40 years go one direction, 5 hours into the other direction. I want to see where this leads.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm toying with the idea of letting my brown and grey roots grow out. I've been a redhead for 30 years. I don't go to the salon anyway; I do it myself, but it just seems like a good time to make a clean break with the red and embrace the silver.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    that's absolute insanity for 95% of the state

People are going to start rioting. These governors are idiots and tyrants.
    Businesses need to open and people need to do as they please. They can't arrest, fine, or shoot all of us if we stick together.

The gov can issue what he wants but it really won’t affect most of us majorly. I haven’t changed my life routine other then not going to church or dining out (both I miss). The police are not directly enforcing it either.

Think again. Millions on govt payout making more than when they worked. You think they'll give up the handouts, the grasshoppers are coming for the ants.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    People are going to start rioting.

not.gif

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Saying that it is "poorly worded" is generous, at best.

IIRC, the SCOTUS decision that used the term cited the Thomas Jefferson letter to the Danbury Baptists - a letter in which Jefferson used the phrase "wall of separation between church and state" exactly 180 degrees of how SCOTUS applied the term. In the original usage, the wall of separation was intended to prevent government interference in the church. In the SCOTUS usage (and application as precedent case law), the wall of separation was applied to restrict the influence of the church on the state.

This is correct.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If the unemployment rate is around 20%, give or take, 80% are still working.

Most of that 20% are on unemployment...and sure it's $600 more than it used to be, so there are LESS of them that are irate than there would have been otherwise. (although even at that....geez, that still isn't a ton of money).

In Indiana, it has never really been a "stay at home" order. It's more of a "the stores, theaters, etc. are closed" order.

In Indiana at least, I'm not seeing riots as a reasonable prediction.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Are you saying we all need to step away from the keyboards and get out more?

Just got a carwash, a couple groceries, hardware store, fast food, gas... lot of people out and about. Actually looks semi-normal today.

I don't think we're at the insurrection stage that you have in mind.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    so it was like semipermeable, one way osmosis or something..
    Saying that it is "poorly worded" is generous, at best.

IIRC, the SCOTUS decision that used the term cited the Thomas Jefferson letter to the Danbury Baptists - a letter in which Jefferson used the phrase "wall of separation between church and state" exactly 180 degrees of how SCOTUS applied the term. In the original usage, the wall of separation was intended to prevent government interference in the church. In the SCOTUS usage (and application as precedent case law), the wall of separation was applied to restrict the influence of the church on the state.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Update from Holcomb coming up shortly. I had previously been optimistic that he would move to start opening things up, but that optimism has waned. He's too timid to make that move while IL, OH and MI continue to extend their SIP orders.

Predicting extension of SIP order until at least 5/15.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Update from Holcomb coming up shortly. I had previously been optimistic that he would move to start opening things up, but that optimism has waned. He's too timid to make that move while IL, OH and MI continue to extend their SIP orders.

I predict the start of a gradual "reopening", regionally.

I'm thinking at least retail and business reopening with social distancing and limits in stores.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Proving to be a P***y follower, not a leader...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I predict the start of a gradual "reopening", regionally.

I'm thinking at least retail and business reopening with social distancing and limits in stores.

Watching the press conference.

It's almost like i know what I am talking about.

Oh, and no crystal ball...some people in private industry who had to make plans were put on notice of some provisions within the last several days...and they talk.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think it's a reasonable plan.

It is far and away more "progressive" than any of our neighboring states, even Kentucky, which is finding out what life under a liberal Democrat is like.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom