• Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Early in the pandemic there was a sharp spike in excess deaths over the normal expected. Some of these were reported as caused by the chinese virus. Many were not. It is strange there would be such a sharp increase in deaths right at the same time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...covid-19-death-toll-undercounted/?arc404=true

Agreed.
    Now I would like to know how they received the death data. Yes deaths are reported to states and the CDC,but getting that data is not easy. Most of us have to wait 2+ years for the "official" cdc death report.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Serious question.
    I read that the virus stays alive for 24 hrs on paper products.
    If so, why are the surgical masks, made of paper, thrown away rather than just set aside for 24 hrs.
    I'm not asking about medical uses as the other bacteria are still on the masks. But for general public use of half an hour in the grocery why can't they be reused?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    • Hire a babysitter. Support small business! (and it doesn't get much smaller than a teenage babysitter) Not sure if I should have used purple or not.
      Its a bull**** order! But we’re used to being subjects now so it will be followed in lockstep. Some single parents can’t afford a babysitter.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Serious question.
    If so, why are the surgical masks, made of paper, thrown away rather than just set aside for 24 hrs.
    I'm not asking about medical uses as the other bacteria are still on the masks. But for general public use of half an hour in the grocery why can't they be reused?

They could be provided a few other things.

1) Let's say you did not sneeze on it
    2) Let's say it's still clean/good working order

Then yes it can be and if you have nothing else should.
    But this is 'merica where the :sheep: are now 1000% scared and will obey whatever .gov says. So they were told to stay indoors, to wear a mask and toss it, to wash their hands, to not hig/kiss/etc.. and MOST IMPORTANKY that chicken nuggets are still avaliable!

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Serious question.

This has been brought up before and it is a very good point.
    I don't have any masks but if I only had two 95% masks I would be set. After using one I would just let it sit for four days before using it a subsequent time and the same for the other one.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I don’t understand why people panic when they test a bunch of people and find out a bunch of them have it that DIDNT even know it? Seems we would be happy, that means that the death rate is much much lower.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I don’t understand why people panic when they test a bunch of people and find out a bunch of them have it that DIDNT even know it? Seems we would be happy, that means that the death rate is much much lower.

yep.

I also hate the glee that is shown when someone who is against current shut down is then diagnosed as positive. like it's some kind of "I told you so idiot"

we realize this is a real illness. we realize it can get some people very sick and they may die. we just disagree that this is enough to destroy our economy over

what if China said in three months they are going to nuke us and invade if we don't surrender immediately? they project 60 million deaths in the US. are we supposed to capitulate?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    yep.I also hate the glee that is shown when someone who is against current shut down is then diagnosed as positive. like it's some kind of "I told you so idiot"we realize this is a real illness. we realize it can get some people very sick and they may die. we just disagree that this is enough to destroy our economy overwhat if China said in three months they are going to nuke us and invade if we don't surrender immediately? they project 60 million deaths in the US. are we supposed to capitulate?
    Well, we’re used to capitulation by now, so...

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Serious question.

Or to be safe have 7 masks and wear one a day then start over. Or something similar.

OR

Buy one of these.

MLFdrBf.jpg

Bonus.... Social Distancing will be easier.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    'cause the banks will close up and I won't have to pay.

Cool.

Seriously, with this whole "banks collapsing" thing, apparently I don't have nearly enough debt.

Who has more debt that anybody in the country? The government of course.;)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    yep.

I also hate the glee that is shown when someone who is against current shut down is then diagnosed as positive. like it's some kind of "I told you so idiot"

we realize this is a real illness. we realize it can get some people very sick and they may die. we just disagree that this is enough to destroy our economy over

what if China said in three months they are going to nuke us and invade if we don't surrender immediately? they project 60 million deaths in the US. are we supposed to capitulate?

The chinese have certainly been trying hard to get a close look at the W-88, I think that would be arranged if they started in with nukes.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Speaking of TP, was in Kroger yesterday and saw some TP on the shelves. I was really surprised. I didn't buy any because we have some. But it was encouraging seeing it on the shelf.

My wife was using her $5 off CVS coupons on TP. We had 4 mega packs before SHTF. We stock up. Good thing.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    yep.

Well, we’re used to capitulation by now, so...

Can't give either of you any rep right now...

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    They could be provided a few other things.

1) Let's say you did not sneeze on it
    2) Let's say it's still clean/good working order

Then yes it can be and if you have nothing else should.
    But this is 'merica where the :sheep: are now 1000% scared and will obey whatever .gov says. So they were told to stay indoors, to wear a mask and toss it, to wash their hands, to not hig/kiss/etc.. and MOST IMPORTANKY that chicken nuggets are still avaliable!

Since masks have become hard to get and "experts" aren't impressed with the homemade versions, it seems foolish to throw a mask away after wearing it for a half hour. But that's the American way, commit waste and then complain about lack of supplies.

Oh, and I'm not putting a mask back on if I sneeze in it whether I have covid or not.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    To say I am being hypocritical is fine too, if evidence is provided to substantiate the claim. Once the evidence is produced, I will respond. An argument usually has premises leading to a conclusion. Stating the conclusion itself as fact is not a form of argument I am familiar with, but I don't claim to know everything. In my understanding, hypocrisy involves a temporal element. If I am saying and doing one thing then another and back, that would make a strong case. If I said something 5 years ago and new information surfaces that changes my mind then that is not hyprocrisy.

Proverbs, written by Solomon, the richest guy in the world who was using that wealth to build churches. It may not define greed, but it can surely shed light on what greed is not. Luke 12:21 certainly does tell us something about greed and it certainly doesn't incriminate Solomon.

[Proverbs 15 begins with " A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger"]

Any further discussion of scripture passages though should be moved to one of the religious forums, agree?
    Any further discussion of Trump and my alleged hypocrisy should be in a political forum, agree?

[D'accord. Since we are specifying proper threads, IMO perhaps it would be proper to avoid threads such as this, where useful information is being exchanged, if you want to surface and complain about Trump. It is not the proper thread for that, no? You are welcome to start your own thread about Trump's poopyheadedness but I suspect you won't because - IMO - you want to post in a popular threads because you want to spark a reaction and you suspect a Trump poopyhead thread wouldn't have very many viewers. As long as we are clear that posting in that manner in a thread I'm active in will always get pushback, and that I wouldn't come into the 'All things Orthodox' thread just to critique the GOC or Bart I for the aggravating effect - because you know, it wouldn't be proper - then, moving on]

We have moved on from Trump and Coronavirus which is on topic to other things.

Remember what I said about how people react quite differently when the horn gets near their ox

Over and out

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Since masks have become hard to get and "experts" aren't impressed with the homemade versions
    The "experts" lied and threw away a lot of their credibility for no good reason. People got fixated on N95s early on and the "experts" downplayed the value of other kinds of masks to everyone's detriment.

Oh, and I'm not putting a mask back on if I sneeze in it whether I have covid or not.
    Serious question: Why not? It's not like you are going to catch any disease from it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom