• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    More instances of counties padding the stats on the COVID death toll.

Drug Overdose, Head Trauma Deaths Added To Coronavirus Death Toll

Gee, I wonder why that might be?

Yes, Hospitals Get Paid More For Coronavirus-Coded Patients, Even If They Haven’t Been Tested

“Hospital administrators might well want to see COVID-19 attached to a discharge summary or a death certificate. Why? Because if it’s a straightforward, garden-variety pneumonia that a person is admitted to the hospital for – if they’re Medicare – typically, the diagnosis-related group lump sum payment would be $5,000,” he added on April 19. “But if it’s COVID-19 pneumonia, then it’s $13,000, and if that COVID-19 pneumonia patient ends up on a ventilator, it goes up to $39,000.”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Speaking of TP, was in Kroger yesterday and saw some TP on the shelves. I was really surprised. I didn't buy any because we have some. But it was encouraging seeing it on the shelf.

I have seen TP at most stores I have been to. Meijer, Aldi, Costco, Market District all in the past week. Not a lot, 1 pkg per customer, probably not your brand, but some...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Tyson Foods chairman warns that 'the food supply chain is breaking'

Unfortunately, not surprising. Every farm that can't sell their fruit and vegetables; every producer that can't sell their eggs/meat/milk; every processing plant that shuts down takes another chunk out of our food production capability.

If/when the Wuhan coronavirus disappears as a serious problem, it will take time to ramp up production again. Animals don't just reappear on demand. Food production takes time from start to delivery. Pay attention and take care of your families.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

to be fair, this is Medicare Payments which suck already. a typical pneumonia patient may be in the hospital 3-4 days. average COVID admission probably more like 7-10 and double that if in ICU.

Medicare gives a single payment for all care provided based on discharge diagnosis. given the increased time it takes for PPE use and cost to care for these patients it's nice for Medicare to recognize that and try to help a bit.

remember, 75% of hospitals lose money taking care of Medicare patients. average profit margin is about -18% on Medicare patients

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One thing that's for sure, people are spending money. Went out Friday and OMG! Traffic was horrible, many stores had long lines waiting to get it. Made me wonder how many people are piling up credit card debt, or just blowing their stimulus check. It reminded me of Christmas shopping season on a given day.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    One thing that's for sure, people are spending money. Went out Friday and OMG! Traffic was horrible, many stores had long lines waiting to get it. Made me wonder how many people are piling up credit card debt, or just blowing their stimulus check. It reminded me of Christmas shopping season on a given day.

Yep.....
    My credit is sinking fast but my cards are up. :yesway:

Wait that's bad. :(

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I have noticed traffic up a bit in my area, Terre Haute/Sullivan. It seems up anyway. For us, since we are both still working, not much has changed. We only buy groceries once a month normally, and other than church and eating out after it, and a bookstore and then gun store run, not much different for us. Hopefully, we can open up without a huge spike in numbers. Many of my friends and family are not as fortunate as we are here and need to work.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So this is a good time to take out a big, long loan....'cause I won't have to pay it back.

Cool.

There's never been a better time to sign and drive that shiny new Super Canyonero 2500 Dually Longbed Platinum Ranch Hand Texas Edition crew cab pickup truck with fine Corinthian Leather and 700hp TorqueMonster diesel for those mulch runs to Lowes. :)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    just make sure it's all unsecured....apply for and run up some cards!
    'cause the banks will close up and I won't have to pay.

Cool.

Seriously, with this whole "banks collapsing" thing, apparently I don't have nearly enough debt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Camhickey
    Top Bottom