• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I’ve never butchered a cow or a hog, but I have butchered dozens and dozens of deer, and one goat. Except for way bigger, it would seem they would be similar.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    1/2 right is right in Trump world?

Cedars - Sinai don't make Pine-Sol.

I am sure there are plenty of people out there looking for something, anything that resembles a study on intravenous disinfectant therapy.

So far the interpretations have been....Trump was asking doctors, Trump was being sarcastic (Trump's own interpretation), to assuming Trump was talking about a study that he has yet to bring up despite the need for one of the best spin teams ever.

Trumpophiles. If they were as willing to give the average person as much leeway as they do Trump this world would be a better place. Unfortunately that's not how idolatry works.

Don’t you think it’s perhaps a bit over the top, a bit confrontational even, to characterize Trump supporters as practicing “idolatry”, particularly those of sound Christian faith?

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    That is an utterly absurd stretch. Having sex with someone while knowingly infected with an STD would be an example of actively causing harm through a virus/infection. Merely refusing to self-isolate from all of public and private society merely on the basis that one might have been exposed to a virus is not.

Wanting to remain gainfully employed and provide necessities for one's family is not selfish. You know what is selfish? Someone expecting the rest of society to behave as you wish, to the point of risking their and their family's livelihood - even when those actions have no discernible, definable impact on risk exposure to anyone else - so that said person can avoid even the possibility of exposure (while continuing to live his life as he sees fit).

That is selfish. That is the height of selfishness.

You must spread some Reputation around…

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    OK...
    Anyone know a way for me to get some pork, beef, deer in northern Indiana?

The only place I have dealt with up here was John's Butcher in Nappanee. My experience there wasn't good. They put me on their "Venison Waiting List" for years without any call backs after they assured me I would be the first one called. Year after year after year....

I know of a Yoder's Meat & Cheese Co in Shipshewana but they seemed to be pricey.

Anybody? Anything? Have bins and ice, will travel. :):

PM me if it's a secret.

Martins in Wakarusa

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    why do people want to be terrified? in was on an island FB group and told them if they had a worst case scenario and were like NY they might see 273 cases in 7 weeks. and people got so pissed. they have a 150-bed hospital.

this is really highlighting the differences in society. Ayn Rand thought people would give up. oddly enough now people are actively trying to stop you from working to support them. it's the strangest thing

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Martins in Wakarusa

I'm there about every Saturday.

But don't sleep on Roland's, out on US6 east of Nappanee. When Martin's has been a zoo, I just run out there. I'm usually the only person in the store. And their "special blend" sausage puts any sausage Martin's had to shame.:yesway:

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I know down here in Southern Indiana were starting to feel the meat issues. It may not hit the actual retail stores for a week or two, but the farmers hogs are already being rejected and are selling them off to the public as fast as they can. All the local butcher shops are booked out for over a month, if not two. My family is butchering 4 hogs this weekend just to top off our deep freezers and help out our neighbor with hogs.

Local turkey farmers are having their flocks reduced too, so it will affect all meat, not just beef and pork.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Just like we got lucky and stocked up on t.p. and lysol and wipes just before this happened, my wife got her limit of meat on sale at Meijer last week and had me go back with her after work. I bought some family packs and so did she. And I found another box of masks in the garage yesterday when I was looking for a saw.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    If anyone is looking for good quality, washable, cloth masks at a reasonable price from a place that actually delivers, here you go... use code MASKD10 for 10% off:

https://shopmaskdhealth.com/

These are good for wearing over regular flu or surgical masks, or in what I would call “lower risk” situations. I have some inbound. I have a friend who is a PA and she is using them and says they are good quality.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Here's a discussion from a virologist claiming even mediocre testing and tracing can save money and lives.

I would also argue that any measures that show we are somewhat reducing transmission with help the economy.

https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1254575445229441024?s=09

So about that...

There was a Planet Money podcast that looked back at the Influenza a century ago - The places that were most restricted and controlled the spread better had a better economy coming out of it.

Of course, YMMV, and there's a whole lot of factors, and now isn't then.... but it's something to consider.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If anyone is looking for good quality, washable, cloth masks at a reasonable price from a place that actually delivers, here you go... use code MASKD10 for 10% off:

https://shopmaskdhealth.com/

These are good for wearing over regular flu or surgical masks, or in what I would call “lower risk” situations. I have some inbound. I have a friend who is a PA and she is using them and says they are good quality.

Thanks TB! Just ordered a 10 pack. :yesway:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If I did research and posted on Trump like the research posted here, a person would be right to call my research into question.

It appears like gotcha journalism. Are there any other sources? Perhaps something more recent? In 2011, the year around which the sources were published, it was during the Greek debt crisis. We discussed them in Orthodox circles because it was pretty much acknowledged the 700 billion was in error. They do show up first though in a google search, at least on my end, so is that how the 700 billion number was researched? If one is an expert on Greece and the Church of Greece, it would be understandable taking the first articles as confirmation of what one knows, but I would suggest consulting 3 independent sources on subjects one is not familiar with.

The 3 articles cited to support the 700 billon euro net worth for the Church of Greece. It is correctly stated that the telegraph cited the second report from France 24 so that really means one source for the 700 billion euros estimate. The 3rd cite estimates it at 700 million euros (which was highlighted in your post). However in the Billion highlighting, it is stated that 700 billion was double the country's debt. IF the "b" is really an "m", and the article used billion correctly with the correct debt amount, then I will let others do the math but its certainly not double, its not even equal to. I don't even think its over 5%. Well if we really have 2 sources one with a "b" and one with a "m", which one makes more sense? "m" certainly sounds more realistic, however that is not the number used in your post. Why? I would think at least 2 or 3 sources would be used before claiming something as fact. I would expect the same if I started posting anti Trump information.

Can we at least agree that if we have 2 sources who disagree with each other, we should do more research?

Finally the France 24 and Telegraph articles are a paragraph or two. They mention 700 billion. The one mentioning 700 million at least references where the information came from as cited in your post and contains much more information that to an impartial observe would seem to support the "m" over the "b". The Billions don't really say much. In fact the Telegraph article talks more about the Catholic Church.

OK, since you are asking for it to be brought up, lolz

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/8790126/Wealth-of-churches-vs-the-wealth-of-people.html
    Wealth of churches vs the wealth of people

The referenced France24 report

https://www.france24.com/en/20110627-wealthy-orthodox-church-spotlight-amid-greek-crisis
    Debt crisis puts pressure on wealthy Orthodox church

https://voxeurop.eu/en/content/article/993001-church-fortune-remain-sacrosanct
    Church fortune to remain sacrosanct

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    To say I am being hypocritical is fine too, if evidence is provided to substantiate the claim. Once the evidence is produced, I will respond. An argument usually has premises leading to a conclusion. Stating the conclusion itself as fact is not a form of argument I am familiar with, but I don't claim to know everything. In my understanding, hypocrisy involves a temporal element. If I am saying and doing one thing then another and back, that would make a strong case. If I said something 5 years ago and new information surfaces that changes my mind then that is not hyprocrisy.

Proverbs, written by Solomon, the richest guy in the world who was using that wealth to build churches. It may not define greed, but it can surely shed light on what greed is not. Luke 12:21 certainly does tell us something about greed and it certainly doesn't incriminate Solomon.

Any further discussion of scripture passages though should be moved to one of the religious forums, agree?
    Any further discussion of Trump and my alleged hypocrisy should be in a political forum, agree?

We have moved on from Trump and Coronavirus which is on topic to other things.

"No, no Mr Bond ..." I'm not arguing you're inconsistent, just the opposite actually. I'm arguing that you are hypocritical in consistently endeavoring to hold Trump to higher/different standards than you hold other public figures to

I'm not sure, but coming on INGO to snipe at Trump only to play the aggrieved party when that engenders pushback might be inconsistent with Proverbs 15

Luke 12:17-21, a parable on greed

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    bFlh4oy.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just like we got lucky and stocked up on t.p. and lysol and wipes just before this happened, my wife got her limit of meat on sale at Meijer last week and had me go back with her after work. I bought some family packs and so did she. And I found another box of masks in the garage yesterday when I was looking for a saw.

Speaking of TP, was in Kroger yesterday and saw some TP on the shelves. I was really surprised. I didn't buy any because we have some. But it was encouraging seeing it on the shelf.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Camhickey
    Top Bottom