• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Lowell, IN, is a small farm town south of me. They have one Chinese restaurant, and it's been closed for weeks. We finally found out that the reason they closed is that the family that owns it was receiving death threats.

THAT SUCKS!

I'm going to miss those wong woks at night. :(

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Actually, I like the idea you put forth. Instead of President Trump, Pope Trump! That way he can be infallible for all actions taken concerning the running of the country but make all sorts of Faux pas! Since today is the day of weird comparisons I like mine!

Explains the extreme defense of Pope Trump! It IS a lot like how the Catholics defend the Pope!

My eyes have been opened!

One more transform in our little thought experiment. Change pope to patriarch, change pedophilia to presiding over an organization worth 700 billion euros that still has the Greek government pay the salaries and pensions of the priests and bishops. I think greed is still one of the seven, but you could probably buy a lot of camel hair rope for €700 billion

I do not do this to denigrate anyones religion. The point I wish to make is two-fold; that the temporal head of a venerable organization or state should not be held responsible for every accumulated decision and mistake of his predecessors and that everybody is likely to have an organization that they are loyal to and a willingness to defend its head or spokesman from what is perceived as unfair or opportunistic criticism. Some people just expect to get a pass because that figurehead is a religious figure and presumed to be righteous, why can't others get a pass on the presumption that their spokesman is patriotic

Awaiting the accusational canard of Trump worship in 3 ... 2 ... 1

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Cleaning the garage here right now.....so I will answer later...you are certain of all your facts presented?
    Doesn't seem like common knowledge stuff, but I didn't see any links. Appreciate it if you used some you could post them.

I will say it's all over the board PPE to pedophilia to greed. So is the position that all of these are equivalent?

Also to expand slightly and clarify, I am taking a position based on personal accountability and responsibility. When one is presented with a problem, at that point one at least share some responsibility for any actions or inactions.

Now the underlying premise is one knew the problem existed. To some extent you are also responsible for the actions of those one hires so actions should at least be taken if subordinates let one down.

Also would appreciate an agreed upon definition of greed. What's yours?

One more transform in our little thought experiment. Change pope to patriarch, change pedophilia to presiding over an organization worth 700 billion euros that still has the Greek government pay the salaries and pensions of the priests and bishops. I think greed is still one of the seven, but you could probably buy a lot of camel hair rope for €700 billion

I do not do this to denigrate anyones religion. The point I wish to make is two-fold; that the temporal head of a venerable organization or state should not be held responsible for every accumulated decision and mistake of his predecessors and that everybody is likely to have an organization that they are loyal to and a willingness to defend its head or spokesman from what is perceived as unfair or opportunistic criticism. Some people just expect to get a pass because that figurehead is a religious figure and presumed to be righteous, why can't others get a pass on the presumption that their spokesman is patriotic

Awaiting the accusational canard of Trump worship in 3 ... 2 ... 1

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Cleaning the garage here right now.....so I will answer later...you are certain of all your facts presented?
    Doesn't seem like common knowledge stuff, but I didn't see any links. Appreciate it if you used some you could post them.

I will say it's all over the board PPE to pedophilia to greed. So is the position that all of these are equivalent?

Also to expand slightly and clarify, I am taking a position based on personal accountability and responsibility. When one is presented with a problem, at that point one at least share some responsibility for any actions or inactions.

Now the underlying premise is one knew the problem existed. To some extent you are also responsible for the actions of those one hires so actions should at least be taken if subordinates let one down.

Also would appreciate an agreed upon definition of greed. What's yours?

Oh I can answer one question. My answer to the second part of your post is the same as about 5 others today. That answer won't change. If you have evidence that I have been anything other than consistent then present it. Starting to feel like Kavenaugh, keep throwing up stuff in Hope's something sticks.

With that I think I have answered every if x does y scenario that z inherited question so never mind links unless its another attempt at a gotcha where you think I'll change my answer...I won't

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Here is the crux of the problem:

If you have the man in charge speaking as if internal uv light procedures and injections of disinfectant may be possible treatments for a viral disease, you have someone in charge that doesn't understand basic human metabolics and anatomy.

This person may be confronted with a situation where a choice has to be made among various alternatives that will possibly affect the lives of US citizens. Is he competent to make a choice in that regard?

Call it whatever you like. Justify to your own level of comfort. But many believe that the president is over his head when it comes to this specific disease and the process that will get America out from under a lockdown in the safest manner possible.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

If you have the man in charge speaking as if internal uv light procedures and injections of disinfectant may be possible treatments for a viral disease, you have someone in charge that doesn't understand basic human metabolics and anatomy.

This person may be confronted with a situation where a choice has to be made among various alternatives that will possibly affect the lives of US citizens. Is he competent to make a choice in that regard?

Call it whatever you like. Justify to your own level of comfort. But many believe that the president is over his head when it comes to this specific disease and the process that will get America out from under a lockdown in the safest manner possible.
    Agreed.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Unless the President is an MD, especially (in this case) an MD with a specialty in epidemiology, I would assume that he's over his head period, whether it was Trump or anybody else. :dunno: I didn't see him making these recommendations in any kind of serious manner in the video at any rate.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I don't imagine drug addiction is a positive thing when it comes to covid, but I haven't heard it mentioned in media.
    I read an article that said prices are skyrocketing and drugs were getting harder to find. That is a good thing.
    The bad part is when the addicts start hurting/killing each other and breaking/entering and stealing from the rest of us.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Lowell, IN, is a small farm town south of me. They have one Chinese restaurant, and it's been closed for weeks. We finally found out that the reason they closed is that the family that owns it was receiving death threats.
    Ummmm... I just picked up carry out from No 1 in Lowell.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Yep. They just reopened today. I guess that's how news got out about the death threats.
    Then they better update their Facebook page. They have been pretty upfront and informative on their webpage, and even posted several weeks ago about the planned date to reopen on today. The original plan Jenny said was 4/12 but they wanted to wait another week or two.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    It's proven just how dangerous he is as a leader, and how much difference it makes that he is president vs someone of better character.
    I’ll agree that President Trump says some silly, even stupid crap sometimes but “dangerous”? I’d say he’s much, much less dangerous than any of the liberal choices we’ve had lately! And I trust him more than ANY other candidates we’ve had.
    Id prefer that he keep some of his thoughts to himself, but I love that he’s not afraid to say what he thinks! Most or I should say ALL other politicians are constantly worried about letting their true thoughts out.
    maybe we need to move this discussion to the politics thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom