• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I just found out a friend of mine now has it. Went to hospital with a kidney infection, tested + for China Flu. Was scheduled to leave and go to PT for recuperation. Something changed, he’s now on a vent? He’s later in years, 60+, and a former smoker, I wish him the best. And no, I’ve had ZERO contact with him, or anyone he’s around.
    Hope the best for him, and all patients!
    my sister was on a ventilator more than 4 months. We were afraid she wouldn’t come off of it. They say the longer you’re on one, the harder and less likely to come off.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hope the best for him, and all patients!
    my sister was on a ventilator more than 4 months. We were afraid she wouldn’t come off of it. They say the longer you’re on one, the harder and less likely to come off.
    im not happy about the vent, he was leaving the hospital, for a rehab facility, then, NOPE.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    As an aside, I’m not particularly religious, but I’m drinking, and listening to Pandora, and currently, Johnny Cash is singing God’s Gonna Cut You Down. Kinda fitting.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I know the conversation has probably moved on from here but I don’t think the last paragraph is quite a fair depiction. It seems like you’re saying that our lack of preparedness has to do with the lack of testing per capita. While I think per-capita is the right way to measure the virus’s impact on a nation, at least it’s more meaningful than case death rates, it’s not fair to measure tests made available for consumption per capita, because a nation’s population size is not proportional to its ability to make tests.

Early on there were some reports that the CDC rejected tests from China, I guess because they did not trust those tests. So then new tests had to be developed, and manufactured, and delivered. It may have been a mistake to reject the tests that were offered. But, there was also a lot of information that the tests weren’t very accurate. Then again, the ones we have now don’t seem to be all that accurate either. But either way, if it’s lack of accurate testing that’s keeping us locked down, it’s not apparent that there was a better course available that we did not take.

If you have some specific complaints about actions you know should have been taken, and that the need to take those actions were apparent and reasonable given all the information available at the time, I’m open to hearing it.

I have a family member who is blaming everything on Trump. Everything. That the virus came over here, that it’s impacted us to the extent that it has. That we had to lock down in the first place (but since we have to be, she thinks we should stay locked down indefinitely until the risk has past). She thinks Trump knew about this from the start. Everything. And didn’t do anything about it because it would ruin his economic numbers. I hope you see the absurdity of all that.

I don’t think we’re locked down because we don’t have testing. Yes, it would be helpful to have accurate testing to figure out what the real statistics are. But we have enough stats to figure out who can open up and who cant. NYC? No. The Eastern Seaboard has nearly half the cases and deaths. Most of the rest of the country doesn’t have that problem. Starting to open things up strategically, even without as many accurate tests as we need, seems appropriate.

Thanks for writing pretty much what I didn’t have the energy to write after an absurdly long workday yesterday.

“No better prepared than a third world country”? I think not.

Another chance to bash Trump? I think so.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Jobs lost: 20,000,000 and counting
    deaths: 54,000 and counting

let's be generous and say on AVERAGE a person who dies of covid would have lived another 10 years. given their average age i think that's more than generous.

10 years is 3650 days.

we have lost 450 jobs for every life lost to covid so far.

how many would volunteer to lose your job if it meant a stranger would live an extra 8 days?

this is a discussion we need to have because you know they will be pushing another shut down in a few months when it comes back

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Here is the crux of the problem:

If you have the man in charge speaking as if internal uv light procedures and injections of disinfectant may be possible treatments for a viral disease, you have someone in charge that doesn't understand basic human metabolics and anatomy.

This person may be confronted with a situation where a choice has to be made among various alternatives that will possibly affect the lives of US citizens. Is he competent to make a choice in that regard?

Call it whatever you like. Justify to your own level of comfort. But many believe that the president is over his head when it comes to this specific disease and the process that will get America out from under a lockdown in the safest manner possible.

https://apnews.com/b44f4531071e6204023f7b8e16f59d4b

we nebulizer medications into the lung already. ever hear of TOBI? . he was brainstorming. the UV thing is cutting edge.

they are nebulizing Veletri into the lungs of COVID patients

just because trump knows more than lay people doesn't make him an idiot.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    https://apnews.com/b44f4531071e6204023f7b8e16f59d4b

we nebulizer medications into the lung already. ever hear of TOBI? . he was brainstorming. the UV thing is cutting edge.

they are nebulizing Veletri into the lungs of COVID patients

just because trump knows more than lay people doesn't make him an idiot.

I would not say that he is an idiot. I would say that despite often being correct about things, his inability to articulate makes him sound like an idiot.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    [FONT=&quot]New antiviral made from sugar could help kill coronaviruses[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Read more: New antiviral made from sugar could help kill coronaviruses

The actual paper.
    [/FONT]https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/6/5/eaax9318

[h=2]CONCLUSIONS[/h]We have synthesized a biocompatible sulfonated CD that proved to be active against a large number of HS-dependent viruses. It exhibits a broad-spectrum virucidal, irreversible mechanism of action, presents a high barrier to viral resistance, and is biocompatible.

Should this work it in humans it would not only kill sars-cov-2 but end HIV,HPV and many different viruses that have the ability to infect us.Next up trial in humans.

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom