Mooresville

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Everyone is a little broad.

Every one is also broad. Is there a moral victory to be won if someone answers no? Is that considered a win?

For the most part, yes I do. Do you ready any of them?

Do you trust the experts to cover all the bases with you because it's their field of expertise or do you apply your critical thinking skills to their advice? Reading those disclosures are part of the discussion process you mentioned.

Words I do my very best not to use, especially when discussing people and philosophy. Always, never, every, all, none etc.
    In general? Yes. So does everyone. Do you read the disclosures with every one of your OTC and prescription medicines?

If there are specific reasons to need to consider specific interactions, indications, or side effects, that's something that your doctor should be discussing with you.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So the potential of getting hit in the head is statistically similar to experiencing side effects of medication?

Maybe I will quit reading the disclosures.....after I ask my doctor of course. I certainly don't worry about getting hit in the head by space debris....of course I DO have some control over one not the other....matters to me for that makes it different.

You have the "potential" to get hit in the head by falling matter from space (assuming you can actually go outside without getting brow-beaten by a nosy neighbor). The point is that said "potential" is, for all practical purposes, so trivial as to be meaningless.

Drug disclosures don't change, even if that drug has been around for 70 years, because they are based on the original NDA/ANDA filing that led to its approval. Unless a new filing is submitted with new data, the disclosures don't change. Further: if there are actual field data that show that occurrence of disclosed (or undisclosed) side effects is sufficiently high, the drug gets recalled.

Hydroxychloroquine has been on the market for 65 years. The only thing I've found evidence of is a (very rare) issue with the eye, caused by long-term exposure (i.e. not acute exposure such as would occur when used to treat a viral infection).

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yes. It can be shared somewhat, but

I know in my job, if I take over for someone else's work, I also assume all the responsibility. Especially as time goes by. After 3 years??? Yeah I would be responsible.

Are the reports of the pandemic exercise carried out last year and not acted upon in anyway accurate? Were there any recommendations this century made in regard to pandemic readiness that were not followed? There should be a justification for inaction if so.

The reccomendations this century were created by GWB, and abandoned by BHO.

If Joe leaves the job where he implemented plan VII, Susie takes his job and abandons plan VII, are you responsible for not executing a plan abandoned by your predecessor?

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If you're going to bring up aseptic technique, I should remind that particle size matters. SARS-CoV-2 particle size is 0.07 - 0.09 microns. The highest cleanroom classifications (ISO Class 10, EU Grade A) only control particles down to 0.5 microns, and allow for 3,250 such particles per cubic meter. Surgical masks block particles down to 5 microns. Human exhalation droplets from coughing range from 0.6 - 16 microns, with an average of around 8 microns.

FYI - Not trying to pick nits but in your line of work you might run into this off an on so you might want to check on your clean room information.
    I had to work in a few clean rooms occasionally and got slightly familiar with some of the specs and requirements.

There is no ISO Class 10, they go from 1 to 9 with 1 being the cleanest. They do measure particles down to 0.1 microns with count limits at the various sizes.
    The room you mention with 3,520 particles at 0.5 micron is pretty much a mid-range clean room equivalent to ISO Class 5.
    The class 1, 10, 100, 1000 are old designations for federal standards that were superseded by ISO 14644 years ago.

The numbers in the highlight boxes were removed in the latest revision due to limits of the particle counters at such low numbers.

iso-14644-1-table-1.png

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yes. It can be shared somewhat, but

I know in my job, if I take over for someone else's work, I also assume all the responsibility. Especially as time goes by. After 3 years??? Yeah I would be responsible.

So, basically every pope since pedophilia in the priesthood became widely known (and likely before because they had access to privileged information) is culpable for that problem, eh? D’accord

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    FYI - Not trying to pick nits but in your line of work you might run into this off an on so you might want to check on your clean room information.
    I had to work in a few clean rooms occasionally and got slightly familiar with some of the specs and requirements.

There is no ISO Class 10, they go from 1 to 9 with 1 being the cleanest. They do measure particles down to 0.1 microns with count limits at the various sizes.
    The room you mention with 3,520 particles at 0.5 micron is pretty much a mid-range clean room equivalent to ISO Class 5.
    The class 1, 10, 100, 1000 are old designations for federal standards that were superseded by ISO 14644 years ago.

The numbers in the highlight boxes were removed in the latest revision due to limits of the particle counters at such low numbers.

Well, crap. Old habit referencing MilStd (Class 100, 1,000, 10,000, etc.). You are correct, of course. ISO Class 5 (EU Grade A - which is still the most common classification system used) is the typical standard for pharmaceutical critical aseptic processing environment (other cleanroom environments may have other standards; I don't know what microprocessor cleanrooms use, for example). And I know that ISO provides standards for multiple particle sizes, but the only ones ever really monitored in practice are 5.0 and 0.5 micron.

The point remains, though, that the point of using a surgical mask or a respirator is not to create an aseptic processing environment, nor is such an environment needed in order to achieve the intended use of a surgical mask.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Are the reports of the pandemic exercise carried out last year and not acted upon in anyway accurate? Were there any recommendations this century made in regard to pandemic readiness that were not followed? There should be a justification for inaction if so.

Were there exercises carried out gaming actions to take if a large earth crossing planetessimal was suddenly discovered to be on a collision course with earth? We’re those precautions implemented regardless of cost or likelihood of the simulated crisis? I rather doubt it

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I have read the same thing. Since Obama was the focus I kept it to Obama, but sure, I have no problem saying 2 Republican Presidents and only 1 Democratic President are responsible for the consequences of their actions and/or inactions.

Your last question wasn't clear enough for me to understand.

The reccomendations this century were created by GWB, and abandoned by BHO.

If Joe leaves the job where he implemented plan VII, Susie takes his job and abandons plan VII, are you responsible for not exciting a plan abandoned by your predecessor?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Am I to understand that you are arguing the position that they are not?

So, basically every pope since pedophilia in the priesthood became widely known (and likely before because they had access to privileged information) is culpable for that problem, eh? D’accord

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I HAD A DREAM!

No really.
    This time I wrote it down when I woke up.

OK....
    To stop the spread we would have needed to stop and freeze in place for about 14 days to kill it off. That's never going to happen because some people just won't do it. This has been proven.

Testing.... Same scenario.
    Everyone stop and freeze in place and get test results all at the same time or it just won't be accurate enough.

I dreamed that we were all hooked up with like implants or something (just go with it) that was continually giving off health readings. (like in futuristic movies or vid games) The system could test in REAL TIME everyone, all at the same time. This solved everything.
    Like a personal internal tricorder.

So someone invent that, OK? :):

I know... I know....
    Rights violation, anything can be manipulated, yada... yada.... yada.....

IT WAS MY DREAM AND YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT FROM ME!

Same type of scenario if an alien spaceship were to hover over earth and scan all the people and know all their ailments and stats.
    It could happen.

I really wish people would stand outside this thing (outside the box) and realize that a virus doesn't care about politics, gender, race, wealth, etc...
    It just doesn't care about you.... other than you stay alive so it can take you over to feed.

That was all.
    You may now continue fighting over scraps under the table.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Glad to see you take spelling down to my level so I can understand you!

Lets see 1917 pandemic, 1968 pandemic, 2009 pandemic, 2020 pandemic.

How many large earth crossing planetessimals have occurred?

Is the argument that we should equivalize odds across all scenarios we consider and use another set of criteria?

Let me notify my State Farm agent of this new science!

Were there exercises carried out gaming actions to take if a large earth crossing planetessimal was suddenly discovered to be on a collision course with earth? We’re those precautions implemented regardless of cost or likelihood of the simulated crisis? I rather doubt it

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Actually, I like the idea you put forth. Instead of President Trump, Pope Trump! That way he can be infallible for all actions taken concerning the running of the country but make all sorts of Faux pas! Since today is the day of weird comparisons I like mine!

Explains the extreme defense of Pope Trump! It IS a lot like how the Catholics defend the Pope!

My eyes have been opened!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I HAD A DREAM!

No really.
    This time I wrote it down when I woke up.

OK....
    To stop the spread we would have needed to stop and freeze in place for about 14 days to kill it off. That's never going to happen because some people just won't do it. This has been proven.

Testing.... Same scenario.
    Everyone stop and freeze in place and get test results all at the same time or it just won't be accurate enough.

I dreamed that we were all hooked up with like implants or something (just go with it) that was continually giving off health readings. (like in futuristic movies or vid games) The system could test in REAL TIME everyone, all at the same time. This solved everything.
    Like a personal internal tricorder.

So someone invent that, OK? :):

I know... I know....
    Rights violation, anything can be manipulated, yada... yada.... yada.....

IT WAS MY DREAM AND YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT FROM ME!

Same type of scenario if an alien spaceship were to hover over earth and scan all the people and know all their ailments and stats.
    It could happen.

I really wish people would stand outside this thing (outside the box) and realize that a virus doesn't care about politics, gender, race, wealth, etc...
    It just doesn't care about you.... other than you stay alive so it can take you over to feed.

That was all.
    You may now continue fighting over scraps under the table.

The Today Show just did a piece this morning about people having weird or unusually vivid dreams and nightmares attributed to the quarantine and the non-stop media coverage of this. Which was really odd timing, because I had a really weird and vivid dream after I shut my alarm off this morning and went back to sleep.

In my dream, I was supposed to go back to work but couldn't find, or couldn't get to any of my work clothes. I was cussing up a storm and really pissed! When I woke up (it woke me up), I was still pretty stirred up.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My answer should be obvious from all my earlier answers. Why would a question about the pope change it? What should be my answer to the pope question based on those? Therefore the pope question has been answered. Otherwise if it's a gotcha question, it fails pretty horribly.

I notice you didn’t answer the question

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thinking a simple mask will prevent anything airborne is like thinking you can drain the ocean with a tea strainer. It gives you the feeling you are 'doing something' but in the end has no effect on the outcome.

A mask in the absence of sterile technique is just something for others to look at...

Eh, I think South Korea is a pretty good example of how effective it can be to wear masks.

It's not just about what you're breathing in, it's about what others aren't breathing out.

sEbPXUhgGHfI26Xu39cwcYYv4jQ3UWoLUorRGcfmVhpqDwNff4s-A93VT7A0NYKp4XUc5_aCwER_zziPaXsaoi48rySPdN1NGUymmCWieETORdhYT7gkjnCbuVkg96er4labqhsLrZJe6T9iUeHk9Psa

Edit: Good... Indiana governor says state won’t copy Illinois stay-home order extension

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Lowell, IN, is a small farm town south of me. They have one Chinese restaurant, and it's been closed for weeks. We finally found out that the reason they closed is that the family that owns it was receiving death threats.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom