• Saudi Arabia halts pilgrimages

• CDC confirms first possible case in US with no known cause

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I'm a little skeptical of this. They're focusing on the fact that this person had no direct contact with someone that had traveled to China, but since people can be asymptomatic and still be contagious, how do they know that? Or maybe they didn't have direct contact, but maybe they came into contact with someone else (asymptomatic) that had contact with someone else (also asymptomatic) that did travel abroad. I just don't see this being as significant as they're making it out to be.

And of course people lie too during interviews. Are you going to confess you got an Oriental Massage from a Chinese sex slave at the strip mall?

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I got a set of Memphis Audio car speakers at a car audio shop in Lafayette about 3 weeks ago for a bluetooth speaker box build I'm doing. There was a crosssover missing. Been waiting all this time for them to get me one. Now I get a new excuse... It's on a ship in port, and they can't unload it. Guess why... Coronavirus.

I returned them, went to a different shop in Indy yesterday when I was down for a VA appointment, and got a set of Focals...

Not sure if stupid excuse, or it's starting to effect commerce.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    In general, I'll just put this out there because it seems like some folks are missing an important point.

Truth: Masks are marginally effect at keeping someone else's aerosols out of your lungs.

Masks and protective eyewear go a LONG way in preventing you from sticking your boogerhook in your own eye/nose/mouth without making a concerted effort.

The main point I'm trying to make is cleanliness protocols matter. Hand washing and keeping your fingers out of the holes in your head. A lot of people will laugh at the person in the mask, but they're gone now.

The Tyvek suits are disappearing. Gloves will be next I'm guessing. My Walmart only carries about 3 of each size of the heavy duty Playtex gloves. There are about 15 boxes of Nitrile gloves on the shelf (estimating).

When will we get to the Lysol/Clorox shortages?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Silver linings and whatnot.

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- State newspaper says Masoumeh Ebtekar, Iran vice president and spokeswoman for 1979 hostage-takers, has new virus.

Well they finally got her. Now we can start handing out the antidote for this man made thing, or I guess we have to wait and see if it does the trick on her first.

Seems like an extreme way to get cold revenge tho

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    The masks being worn are largely ineffective. They dont form a seal around the face.
    What you need is a N95 mask, but technically you should be fitted for the type you need.
    Im not a little green men, black helicopter, flat earth kind of guy, but something about this whole think stinks.
    Bazillions are to be made for a new wonder shot everybody will want, that later proves to cause liver damage etc.
    My wife posted this on Facebook and it was removed, no kidding. Really makes me wonder...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n05E2vN5Mxk

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Spain has identified a patient in Seville (would be ironic if he was a barber) who had not traveled abroad. The report I saw didn't come out and say that they didn't know how/when he was exposed, but it sure sounded like they didn't know.

So, that's comparable to the NoCal patient with an unknown transmission vector.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    People who had the virus, recovered, are coming down with it again...

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/coronavirus-bombshell-14-patients-who-21588972

"Patients are considered “recovered” when throat and nose swabs are negative in two consecutive tests, a CT scan is negative for lung lesions, and they have no fever or other symptoms, according to COVID-19 guidelines by the National Health Commission."

The article also said that people may not have completely eliminated the infection in their lungs, and then test positive again later. So it may not be that they caught it twice but that they weren't completely over it. Perhaps they'll change how they test for being recovered.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The masks being worn are largely ineffective. They dont form a seal around the face.
    What you need is a N95 mask, but technically you should be fitted for the type you need.
    Im not a little green men, black helicopter, flat earth kind of guy, but something about this whole think stinks.
    Bazillions are to be made for a new wonder shot everybody will want, that later proves to cause liver damage etc.
    My wife posted this on Facebook and it was removed, no kidding. Really makes me wonder...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n05E2vN5Mxk

People always worry about the plane crashing, not the ride to the airport which is 1000x more deadly

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Be careful when watching someone with a white board crunching numbers. I look at what the death rate percentage wise for the flu is compared to the death rate percentage wise for the V. Once the V gets the foothold the flu has, I want to see the white board nay sayers kicked in the jewels for pushing statistical magic acts. My hope right now is that we can get to summer and it slows down the V's spread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom