• Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The president is speaking tonight at 6:00. Do we think he'll announce that he'll close the borders to fend this off?

Sadly unless he gets updated information from the CDC(who had a scientist return from China yesterday) I doubt it.

Most likely.

"It is not bad.We are paying close attention. No cause for panic.We are doing everything we can. Look how bad it is over THERE. We are lucky to have such a great team."

What he should say.

I fired some people at the cdc that screwed up the test kits.Fired people still saying to only test those from China.We are closing all international flights down.We will find and deal with cases here.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    This may,just may get someone who was not paying attention to.Yea,diet soda...it may be a thing of the past very soon.

Coca-Cola says coronavirus could cause Diet Coke shortages due to 'tighter supplies' of artificial sweeteners sourced from China

While we currently expect this business disruption to be temporary, there is uncertainty around its duration and its broader impact, and therefore the effects it will have on our business," the company wrote in its annual report published on Monday.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-could-cause-diet-coke-shortages-coca-cola-says-2020-2

Just in Terre Haute I know of a company that makes a sweetener that Coca-Cola used at one time in Diet Coke, that my old company when we had the contract was picking up twenty 1 ton bags per truckload, 5 truckloads a day, for rail shipment from Chicago to Atlanta, GA. Just say'n,

With that said, Today I bumped up my normal food supply of 1 week to a 2.5+ week supply with a increase of Canned meat, Spam, Keystone Canned meats along with a generous supply of Lysol Products to go along with my Mountain House items. I can hunker down for more than a bit if needed. I hope this precautionary stockpile, is just that. But I do plan on buying few a more canned goods to supplement what I have.

Nothing can cause panic more than starting to see people rolling up to the checkout line with 2 carts of nothing but assorted can goods.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Maybe empower the FDA to confiscate all unregistered hand sanitizers.

First they came for the hand sanitizers, and I said nothing.

Then they came for the hand soaps, and I said nothing.

When they came for the toilet paper, there was no one willing to defend me....................cause I smelled like crap and was covered in germs.

See what happens, we must defend our right to sanitizers!!!!!!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Most powdered milk is nonfat. Try Nestle's NIDO whole milk powder. You may find it drinkable.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nestle-NIDO-Fortificada-Dry-Whole-Milk-56-3-oz-Canister/14869811

I saw that at Kroger, but just got a box of the Kroger brand. I'm good and stocked up now. Pretty sure I could go a good 30 days on food. Picked up a decent supply of OTC cold and flu meds too. Extra bread in the freezer, plenty of bacon, burger, ham, beans, cornbread, soups, instant mashed taters, peanut butter, crackers. Few cans of pork 'n beans, some boxed rice side dishes. I think I'll be fine.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    This may,just may get someone who was not paying attention to.Yea,diet soda...it may be a thing of the past very soon.

Coca-Cola says coronavirus could cause Diet Coke shortages due to 'tighter supplies' of artificial sweeteners sourced from China

While we currently expect this business disruption to be temporary, there is uncertainty around its duration and its broader impact, and therefore the effects it will have on our business," the company wrote in its annual report published on Monday.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-could-cause-diet-coke-shortages-coca-cola-says-2020-2

I just gave up diet sodas for Lent, and hopefully for good… Maybe just in time.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    "I picked up a couple of packets of flavored instant mashed potatoes that only require water to make and the one I tried was actually really good (for instant). Probably get some more of those too."

May want to look at a big box of instant.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Well that's off to a bad start to address the country. every where I read agrees 57 case. Trump just said multiple times only 15. We are screwed!!! You are on your own people to do what is right for you. Looks like he just wants to stop panic and stop the bleed from the stock market.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    He talked about the 15, but also the 42 from the boat. I would not count the boat people either. They got it somewhere outside the US.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dekumadoriya24
    Top Bottom