• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Do they count if they're thrown overboard during the night?
    Infected or dead, no country or shipping line or hospital really wants any of this to be counted on their watch.

So who keeps track of the missing? :dunno:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Theyd have been better of unloading them to an old military base, set up tents.
    Give people some room so they're not all stuck together.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    This morning it was reported that there is over 117,000 reported people infected as of today 2/17/20, and 1700 "reported" deaths, with tons of info leaning to vastly under reported deaths in China. With some reports that the death numbers may be 5-6 times higher or more than what China is admitting to. Which if it is 5 or 6 times higher, the death rate is approaching way above the stated 2-3%.

Makes me think that I need to raise my stock on some items (veggies canned meat, powered milk, rice and beans) just a little more than the what I have had.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Use of force to round up the infected has been authorized in San Diego county by way of "contact tracing" How long before it happens here. Wake up people!

San Diego County declares emergency over coronavirus
    https://youtu.be/nmNgNrjrYMY

U.S.: Local, State & National Preparations Underway
    https://youtu.be/op8XGYYjvG8

Watch both. They are short. I bet New York will be next.

Got any more cites than some random news outlet nobody has ever heard of? Even the CBS affiliate they reference mentions nothing about LEO use of force authorizations.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Got any more cites than some random news outlet nobody has ever heard of? Even the CBS affiliate they reference mentions nothing about LEO use of force authorizations.

i do not but maybe someone here more knowledgeable than myself can explain what it means when this type of emergency is declared with respect to your civil liberties, the re allocation of resources and confiscation of weapons.

The more I know the more I realize I don’t know.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    i do not but maybe someone here more knowledgeable than myself can explain what it means when this type of emergency is declared with respect to your civil liberties, the re allocation of resources and confiscation of weapons.

I suspect somebody is spreading rumors.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    homer.gif

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Meh! I for one am not losing any sleep over this.

We have what, 15 confirmed cases in the US. Let's say they're lying and it's actually 15k. That's still less then .00005% Nothing to get all worked up over. I feel a lot of fear mongering going on.

My preps are in place for me and my family. Maybe some good that comes out of this will be that others get their preps in place as well

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    My preps are in place for me and my family. Maybe some good that comes out of this will be that others get their preps in place as well

I think this is the main reason why you aren't losing sleep. Being prepared to handle difficulties doesn't eliminate problems, but means that you are better able to handle them with as little disruption as possible. I also hope that more people will take some of the easy steps to prepare for this. It is amazing how much peace of mind it buys when things are uncertain.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Meh! I for one am not losing any sleep over this.

We have what, 15 confirmed cases in the US. Let's say they're lying and it's actually 15k. That's still less then .00005% Nothing to get all worked up over. I feel a lot of fear mongering going on.

Yep.It's nothing compared to the flu.

For the 2018-2019 U.S. flu season, which started Oct. 1, 2018, and ended May 4, preliminary numbers from the CDC estimate there were nearly 42.9 million cases of flu, up to 647,000 hospitalizations and up to 61,200 flu deaths

Over 60K deaths in the US in a year, and nobody gets scared, it's not on the news 24/7 like the coronavirus.

People don't buy masks to protect themselves from the flu. :dunno:

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Can you still find dust masks (N95) in stores? :dunno:

They are sold out everywhere here.

I was in Lowes last night. They didn't have any. Not really a surprise, the most I think I've seen on the shelf is like 3 boxes anyway. It probably isn't hard to find three people (or maybe one based upon previous 22LR sales) willing to buy up the entire stock.

I'm guessing until Covid-19 fades from the news-cycle (whenever that might be) you won't be able to find any.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Can you still find dust masks (N95) in stores? :dunno:

They are sold out everywhere here.
    The less expensive ones are off the shelf and the higher end half masks are half gone in my experience. A quick look at Amazon shows masks have gone from $.75-$2.00 to $5-$10 with shipping from $7 to $99. And to add to that, I bet the only guy with them in his hand is the $99 shipping.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

This is the beginning of all knowledge. Just because you trust a source (or it fits the narrative you are inclined to believe) does not make it trustworthy. Trust me, I've been down that road. (see what I did there?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom