Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I got one 2 years ago. Its 4x4.
    I'll do my best not to spread anything. Been wearing gloves, n95 masks, sanitizing everything, have hand sanitizer. Etc.
    But if I have to go out. If someone i know needs my help or something, I'm coming and I hope whoever tries to stop me has the same drive and will that I do. Because i don't fail.
    I've planned for this **** for years. I know their ways. I bet I'm smarter

I'll just hang my placard :)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I got one 2 years ago. Its 4x4.
    I'll do my best not to spread anything. Been wearing gloves, n95 masks, sanitizing everything, have hand sanitizer. Etc.
    But if I have to go out. If someone i know needs my help or something, I'm coming and I hope whoever tries to stop me has the same drive and will that I do. Because i don't fail.
    I've planned for this **** for years. I know their ways. I bet I'm smarter
    Rep Nazis got me again. Must spread blah blah blah...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I’m with TT on this. My Jeep IS the travel permit. While I will still obtain an “essential” travel permit via my wife, the .gov is NOT going to contain my healthy self to ANYTHING. If I become sick or feverish, I WIIL, out of an abundance of caution, self quarantine, but NOBODY is going to “quarantine my otherwise healthy self.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I’m with TT on this. My Jeep IS the travel permit. While I will still obtain an “essential” travel permit via my wife, the .gov is NOT going to contain my healthy self to ANYTHING. If I become sick or feverish, I WIIL, out of an abundance of caution, self quarantine, but NOBODY is going to “quarantine my otherwise healthy self.
    I would argue that the problem becomes, just like at the entrances to many places where they are taking temps to allow admittance, we are contagious for possibly 2 weeks before we show symptoms. So this is the very reason for the quarantine, and at the least social distancing. You do not know when you are healthy, or not.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    This was talked about in a white house press briefing too

It does seem that sending studies to government officials is having an effect.
    I am not sure how much,but I have been sending them to some. Even some like Chad Wolf at DHS,I asked him personally to help get the information to those making choices for everyone.

I am sure some of that information was getting to them. But usually a summary of facts the cdc thought they should see. I went the route of thinking they(or aids who inform them)need to read the actual studies. It is odd after having sent out the 25% showing gastronomical issues only where positive to governors,hhs,and a few others to hear the president speak about it 3-4 days later.

It does really make me wonder what the chain of information is really like.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Heard a story about a group that just came out of the Grand Canyon that had been down 25 days. Shocked to say the least.

ETAcoronavirus-news.html NYT article about rafting group

That link is a goldmine of comedy if you have a twisted sense of humor.

Another rafter’s family texted that the supermarket shelves in California were bare and urged the group to stock up on rice, beans, dog food and toilet paper. “We’re sitting here trying to piece the world together,” Mr. Thomas said. “What does a toilet paper shortage mean? Why are they out of toilet paper?”
    “It was this feeling of disbelief,” Ms. Knaack added. “It’s like, ‘How’d we go from paradise to hoarding rice and beans?’” Another rafter searched Amazon by phone for toilet paper and saw that it wasn’t available. “That was a moment where it felt pretty real,” she said.

This apocalypse has taught me that humanity post 2020 hinges on the availability of TP.

The first time I had to wipe with a damp towel, I knew the end had come... and I welcomed it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Chloroquine, but only combined with some other big word the president talked about today, definitely giving some hope. Sounded like it was cheap and plentiful, I believe upthread someone said a nickel a pill or some such. It could be a game changer, probably still need to lock down but could make it 2 weeks instead of 2 months.

ETA searched for manufacturer, Bayer is donating 3 million tablets for research.bayer-preps-u-s-donation-malaria-med-chloroquine-to-help-covid-19-fight-report

Update. There is some concern about the original study. One individual listed as a principal researcher has reportedly asked to have his name removed from the publication and there are unsubstantiated hints that it may have been overhyped in order to pump certain stocks. Nothing can be verified. Hoping the original premise holds up, but if the bad news is correct the people doing it should be locked in prison cells with CoVid19 positive cellmates and left to rot

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There is a chinese study that suggests coronavirus susceptibility and severity may be partially determined by blood type.
    It says Type A people are more susceptible and have more severe symptoms. Of course, I am Type A.

This study stands alone, it has not been peer reviewed nor corroborated by any other studies so consider that before believing it.

https://www.westernjournal.com/new-...campaign=breaking&utm_content=western-journal

Not sure I would even call it a study. It was statistical, when they looked at the metadata on either fatalities or serious cases (I forget which) type A bloodtype was represented in the victims 6 to 8% more than its prevalence in the population

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    While I appreciate the info that has been posted here by everyone, I'm about ready to just quit looking. It's info overload, with some (maybe) facts and some (maybe) fiction. I'm getting to the point where I just don't care anymore. Just ready to shut down the flow of information to my head.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Update. There is some concern about the original study. One individual listed as a principal researcher has reportedly asked to have his name removed from the publication and there are unsubstantiated hints that it may have been overhyped in order to pump certain stocks. Nothing can be verified. Hoping the original premise holds up, but if the bad news is correct the people doing it should be locked in prison cells with CoVid19 positive cellmates and left to rot
    I posted about this fact earlier today. Pretty much the entire study being quoted by everyone from the CDC to the president was a hoax.Wired magazine did some homework
    and reached out to authors. Turns out almost none of them even knew of the "study" much less participated in it.

Turns out I was correct to question how reliable the information was. Understanding fully now how this paper came into being I am now going to label this as false hope.
    Just like the 22 companies who have claimed they where close to a vaccine(-1 who actually has trials going in WA).

Broker says he wasn’t involved in producing the Google doc, and would never advocate the use of a drug without formal trials. Todaro and Rigano have since removed his name from it, at Broker’s request. “I neither contributed to, wrote any part of, nor had knowledge of this google.com document. I have never conducted research on RNA virus pathogens. … I have no professional credentials or authority to suggest or recommend clinical trials or practices,” Broker wrote in an email. “Apparently I was inserted as a ‘gratuitous’ author, a practice that I have always avoided over my 53-year career. Moreover, I have never engaged any part of social media, privately or professionally. All of my scientific publications are processed through peer review. I suggest that you communicate with one of the actual authors

https://www.wired.com/story/an-old-malaria-drug-may-fight-covid-19-and-silicon-valleys-into-it/

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    While I appreciate the info that has been posted here by everyone, I'm about ready to just quit looking. It's info overload, with some (maybe) facts and some (maybe) fiction. I'm getting to the point where I just don't care anymore. Just ready to shut down the flow of information to my head.

Yeah, I'm gonna watch a few movies. 2012, World War Z and San Andreas.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I hear ya.

On another note, my wife had to go pick up groceries for her mom today. She said the Bedford Walmart looked like a war zone. I’ve got to hand it to the powers that be...they wanted people to take this thing seriously and they are now. At least to the point of panic buying everything from 9mm to ground beef to TP to cat food.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That might not be a bad idea taking a break from information overload for awhile. About the only thing to do now is take heed of every recommended precaution and try to limit your exposure. I may just do the same.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I hear ya.

On another note, my wife had to go pick up groceries for her mom today. She said the Bedford Walmart looked like a war zone. I’ve got to hand it to the powers that be...they wanted people to take this thing seriously and they are now. At least to the point of panic buying everything from 9mm to ground beef to TP to cat food.

I am going to rofl when consumer spending numbers hit in a few weeks and are held up as a shining example of how great everything is.
    I might actually fall over laughing. Knowing the reality of why they spiked up,and the fact the next report will show the most epic decline of all time will shatter that brief false celebration.
    March 27th is the release date. https://www.bea.gov/data/consumer-spending/main
    Normal. Now only a setting on a washing machine.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I would argue that the problem becomes, just like at the entrances to many places where they are taking temps to allow admittance, we are contagious for possibly 2 weeks before we show symptoms. So this is the very reason for the quarantine, and at the least social distancing. You do not know when you are healthy, or not.
    I already “social distance”, so I’m NOT letting anyone impede me “for the common good”. IF you are within my “social distance” bubble, we are fighting or ****ing. Shutting down a GLOBAL economy to save a couple hundred to a couple of thousand is STUPID. AGAIN, IWILL NOT comply.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I always figured the next Chernobyl would take place in China, just didn't figure it would get out into the rest of the world. The chinese response reminds me of the bureaucrats response in the movie about that disaster. What's the radiation level? It's 3.6 Roentgens per hour. That's not bad, we'll use that as the official number. It was the limit of the detection equipment.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County

Info overload for certain. Add to that those with TDS and spread untruths or confusing truths. Everyone is so busy fighting the virus, who is truly sifting through the info to determine what is real and what is fake. We certainly cannot trust news media. At this stage, I must place my trust in Trump and his team and not CNN, New York Times and such to "clarify" anything.

I am so tired of the constand barrage of depressing news about what some claim should have been done but wasn't, about this should have been done, who leaked this report and our insiders say they know abiout that report..........hogwash. Nothing is good about any of it. SO, as a result, I will listen to Trump and his team for my info.

Searching all over the internet for new news, alternativre news, conflicting news is NOT healthy.........IMHO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom