• Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    This is a study released by the CDC March 18,2020. It has not been peer reviewed,but gives a basic breakdown of
    a small percentage of US cases.It is by no means a final study of any kind,as it covers a period of days,not weeks or months.So keep that in mind. It is very early,but get what information you can from it. If we follow the path and numbers close to what is happening in Italy then in the next 8-10 days the number of cases in the ICU of those in the 20-30 range will sky rocket.I will update you here when the CDC has another release.

New C.D.C. data showed that nearly 40 percent of patients sick enough to be hospitalized were aged 20 to 54.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm?s_cid=mm6912e2_w

[FONT=&quot]This first preliminary description of outcomes among patients with COVID-19 in the United States indicates that fatality was highest in persons aged ≥85, ranging from 10% to 27%, followed by 3% to 11% among persons aged 65–84 years, 1% to 3% among persons aged 55-64 years, <1% among persons aged 20–54 years, and no fatalities among persons aged ≤19 years.

[/FONT]

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    A friend is quarantining herself for 14 days. She doesn’t have anything and is healthy. She is doing it because her husband is a cab driver and needs to be healthy. Makes sense doesn’t it? I haven’t posted on any of her posts but I’ve bit my tongue a bunch.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    read the article the main issue is not Italians,but the use of cheap imported labor from places like Romania to do the work.

Same issue we will have in the US with Mexico,and soon.

In some states (Like California) where they grow more labor intensive crops, this will be a larger issue. California grows a significant portion of America's fruits, nuts and vegetables and those crops are more labor intensive.

In Indiana we do have some labor intensive crops, but the vast majority of the crops grown here in Indiana are row crops. Crops planted, tended and harvested by machinery. Corn, Soybeans and some wheat. There is a small mix of a dozen or so other crops, but they are a small percentage in this state.

As long as farmers are not prevented from obtaining the supplies they need, then when things get dry and warm enough, they will be rolling in the fields.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Won’t be long get what u need but this is INGO. I’m sure we are fine but tell your friends. FBI to end gun sales

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ks-as-massive-surge-in-sales-creates-backlog/
    Does this article say the fbi is ending gun sales?

I mean, that’s what the sentence you wrote says.

Its not what the article says.

Reading comprehension is a thing.

They could. They might. They have the right to according to the law, and if someone can’t think three days in advance of when they think they want to buy one then they’re out of luck I guess because the system is overwhelmed.

Its this kind of crap that makes people discount anything that is said, when people are trying to disseminate useful information and are accused of being paranoid.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    JP Morgan sees the next two quarters with negative GDP growth. In other words a depression,and a global one at that.
    I may have mentioned this as a likely event back in early February.

[FONT=lucida_granderegular]As the virus spreads rapidly across the globe, we have also been rapidly adjusting our estimates of the impact on 1H20 growth. This week we have again lowered forecasts. For China this quarter and the rest of the world next quarter, these GDP declines represent the biggest quarterly contractions recorded over the past 50 years at least. These contractions will be sufficient to tip 2020 global GDP growth down 1.1% on a year average basis (0.5% 4Q/4Q). Of particular note (Table 1):[/FONT]

• China collapses this quarter. We have reduced 1Q20 China GDP growth to -40%q/q, saar. Economies closely tied to the China supply-chain (such as Korea and Taiwan) will directionally follow China’s growth path. Forecasts there have also been lowered.
    • The US and Europe follows next. For the US and Western Europe, the COVID-19 shock will likely straddle the first two quarters of the year. The stall in activity in March is likely sufficient to tip both economies into contraction this quarter but the shock’s impact is expected to be concentrated next quarter, where both regions are expected to contract at a double-digit annualized pace. These outcomes are worse than were recorded during the global financial crisis or the European sovereign crisis.
    • The EM is not immune. While the COVID-19 shock is moving more slowly through EM countries outside Asia, their vulnerability is increasing along a number of fronts. In addition to their heightened sensitivity to falling DM demand for manufactured goods and commodities, they are experiencing a significant tightening in financial conditions. Oil producers are experiencing concentrated terms-of-trade losses. Finally, their relatively weak public health

[FONT=lucida_granderegular]"If a normalization in activity from depressed levels takes hold midyear alongside building policy stimulus, the depth of the current downturn can be seen as a springboard for a strong snapback in growth. [/FONT]However, there is a significant risk that the virus outbreak persists and activity remains restricted for a longer time. In this environment, risks rise that the depth of the initial shock unleashes negative forces that magnify the hit to activity into 2H20. [FONT=lucida_granderegular]Notably, firms that had been hovering on the margins of viability pre-crisis may not have sufficient equity to justify even a subsidized extension of credit and may close. [/FONT]The longer the duration of the interruption to activity, the deeper into the population of firms likely closures will occur, and the greater the feedback into consumer incomes and expectations[FONT=lucida_granderegular]."

[/FONT]
    https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/jpmorgan-now-expects-global-depression-second-quarter

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    As the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Section works through the impact of the COVID-19 operationally, we are working to maintain our services. We are aware that states may be considering options to protect the health and safety of their employees, which may include a reduction in office availability or even closure to some offices.

Should a state choose to limit their days of operation or close state offices, this could potentially impact the Brady Transfer Date (BTD) by changing the time in which an FFL can legally transfer a firearm in a delayed status. The NICS Section urges FFLs to be cognizant of the impact this may have to your day-to-day operations, and also to stress the importance of adhering to the BTD that is provided to you at the time a transaction is put into a Delay status. The Brady Act does not federally prohibit an FFL from transferring a firearm after the third business day expires, even if the NICS Section has been unable to provide a proceed response, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 922(t)(1).

^copy
    mine below
    They may, if all the right (wrong?) decisions are made, experience delays. No where does this say fbi is stopping guns sales.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think we should end DST so that it gets dark 1 hour earlier to incentivize everyone to stay inside.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    JxGTZTY.jpg

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    This is a study released by the CDC March 18,2020. It has not been peer reviewed,but gives a basic breakdown of
    a small percentage of US cases.It is by no means a final study of any kind,as it covers a period of days,not weeks or months.So keep that in mind. It is very early,but get what information you can from it. If we follow the path and numbers close to what is happening in Italy then in the next 8-10 days the number of cases in the ICU of those in the 20-30 range will sky rocket.I will update you here when the CDC has another release.

New C.D.C. data showed that nearly 40 percent of patients sick enough to be hospitalized were aged 20 to 54.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm?s_cid=mm6912e2_w

[FONT=&amp]This first preliminary description of outcomes among patients with COVID-19 in the United States indicates that fatality was highest in persons aged ≥85, ranging from 10% to 27%, followed by 3% to 11% among persons aged 65–84 years, 1% to 3% among persons aged 55-64 years, <1% among persons aged 20–54 years, and no fatalities among persons aged ≤19 years.

[/FONT]

Sadly an amazon night shift employee in New York city has tested positive.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/03/amazon-warehouse-employee-has-coronavirus/608341/

Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart, a Republican from Florida, and Rep. Ben McAdams, a Democrat from Utah, confirmed earlier today that they had contracted the coronavirus.https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-19-20-intl-hnk/index.html

Found a very small study in Italy on a treatment for covid-19 that worked for a few patients in 6 days. I am honestly not sure how reliable the information is,but as there are larger studies on the exact drugs used I view it as possibly a reason to be optimistic.Again it is a draft of a very small study.
    https://www.mediterranee-infection....2020/03/Hydroxychloroquine_final_DOI_IJAA.pdf

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sadly an amazon night shift employee in New York city has tested positive.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/03/amazon-warehouse-employee-has-coronavirus/608341/

Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart, a Republican from Florida, and Rep. Ben McAdams, a Democrat from Utah, confirmed earlier today that they had contracted the coronavirus.https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-19-20-intl-hnk/index.html

Found a very small study in Italy on a treatment for covid-19 that worked for a few patients in 6 days. I am honestly not sure how reliable the information is,but as there are larger studies on the exact drugs used I view it as possibly a reason to be optimistic.Again it is a draft of a very small study.
    https://www.mediterranee-infection....2020/03/Hydroxychloroquine_final_DOI_IJAA.pdf
    Yeah someone else posted that they've had good results in Australia and a few in Washington too with these drugs. Today in the WH press briefing that lady doc said they are looking into these drugs.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Can you still get N95 masks at the hospital doc?

They're very hard to find over here, all the doctors I've seen are wearing surgical masks.Even those are running out for a lot of healthcare workers.

A lot of nurses have to use the same surgical mask for the entire shift (instead of changing in between patients or at least every 2/3 hours).

I've heard of some companies giving their supply of masks to local hospitals and first responders.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Some places are low on masks. They are reducing requirements to just a surgical mask. Makes me nervous when recommendations change due to lack of supply.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom