Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I need the thousand dollar check so I can get my room booked.

I have NOT read the bill since it's still changing but I'm 60% certain that money **is** going to be an interest free loan similar to what they did 10 years ago with the 1st time home buyer tax credit. You got the credit but then for the next 3 years on your taxes they "took it back".

I can see them doing something similar with this.
    You get 1k now but come 2020 taxes you ha very to repay that 1k or repay it over several years.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Cruise line stock prices are dropping like flies.
    But those stocks are going to take a few years to recover.
    Airline stocks will go up before those.

I'm in all of the above. Boeing, Disney, and Carnival.

Disney is probably the most attractive right now, IMO.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...eline-soccer-field-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/

Emergency hospitals being set up in soccer fields in Seattle.

Just one of three already going up to prepare for what they think they will need next week. Total of the 3 is just over 600 beds.They think they need 3000 more beds in the next week.

“The County is continuing to identify additional sites and locations countywide to serve as part of our public health response to the COVID-19 emergency, including locations in Eastgate and Issaquah.”
    King County needs sites for some 3,000 additional medical beds, according to Shoreline’s website.
    “We are grateful to the City of Shoreline and the Shoreline School District for identifying a city-owned property that could be utilized as part of our emergency response,” Hamilton said.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I have NOT read the bill since it's still changing but I'm 60% certain that money **is** going to be an interest free loan similar to what they did 10 years ago with the 1st time home buyer tax credit. You got the credit but then for the next 3 years on your taxes they "took it back".

I can see them doing something similar with this.
    You get 1k now but come 2020 taxes you ha very to repay that 1k or repay it over several years.

Not sure which one was "the first", but I took the W one for $7500 and you paid it back over 10 years. It was a massive help after buying my first house and motivating factor for doing so.

So... I don't expect or need .gov to fix all of my problems, but once in awhile they get something right.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    So we are following the chinese model and going to collapse the hospital to lower our c-virus number as well??

Our mobile hospitals are good. I have helped set one up as part of the 337th combat support hospital. The problem is we do not have many of them.
    The largest ones I am aware of still only have room for 200,and where designed for I believe 100.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :facepalm:
    It was a joke!
    Remeber we are not trying to save lives.
    INGO said this was a purge. Now go round up those old ingo members so we can get them in that hospital
    Tell them we found a new way to pee on their hands that will save them. :p

Nite all!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Matt Christianson comes at the question of 'how much power does the government have to keep people quarantined?' with his usual straight-forward and logical approach.

He raises some excellent questions here.

[video=youtube_share;Q8cpSrNlT9E]http://youtu.be/Q8cpSrNlT9E[/video]

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Our mobile hospitals are good. I have helped set one up as part of the 337th combat support hospital. The problem is we do not have many of them.
    The largest ones I am aware of still only have room for 200,and where designed for I believe 100.
    Is Hawkeye, Hotlips! and the gang there? Wait, that’s 4077th.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Matt Christianson comes at the question of 'how much power does the government have to keep people quarantined?' with his usual straight-forward and logical approach.

I watched it. He does have some good points,but in the end is correct 5th vs 10th is undecided when it comes to a pandemic.
    However I agree with him I would rather see states taking charge than the federal government with the Stafford act(he did not mention the Stafford act,but that is the authority already in use at the federal level that he fears).

It is food for thought and perhaps it will be different next time.

In the hear and now chances are states will continue to decide what measures are appropriate for their citizens.

I personally would have liked it if states had taken a more proactive move to protect citizens more than two months ago and we would not be dealing with measures they are having to take now with uncontrolled spread.Something else to consider for the future.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Is Hawkeye, Hotlips! and the gang there? Wait, that’s 4077th.

Our motto was(I think still is) Sanabuntur meaning,They shall be restored to health.
    Of course it was a slightly edited version of the actual Latin meaning,but it is still on the Unit insignia largely intact after the 1998 edit.

You are looking for the unit with the motto "The best care anywhere" I think you can find is on your local public access tv still.

ImageHandler.ashx

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    And this is the BS that drives up medical costs. The bureaucracy creates a carve out for a favored supplier that reaps enormous profits. Not saying it should be $1 but $11,000 is equally ridiculous for a piece of plastic...
    Agreed, they should get a medal for saving 10 lives not be facing a lawsuit.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom