• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    1.2 million out of 331 million is only 0.6% of our population.

But under 18 aren’t in the work force, and most in their 20s aren’t either. They’re waiting on their hand outs and government cheese.

I mean, I get it’s a small portion of the population, but in an already struggling economy, it has to have some effect. Given not as drastic as quarantining the country, but still. We are told to give our guns to the government because “if it saves just 1 life”, then the response to a deadly virus is “meh, 1.2 million is less than 1% of the population”.

I don’t want my parents or grandparents to die over something that could be stomped out with some short term sacrifices, and I don’t want any of the older folks on ingo to pass either. Most of what I know in life today is because someone older gave me the knowledge.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That's a relatively small number to lose, especially considering a significant percentage of them would be retirement-age anyway.

Taking jedi's point to heart, if the goal was to maximize our economy, there's an argument that no quarantine should happen. Push everyone out to get exposed. Some will develop antibodies, some will die. But, the spending spree would continue. Just think of the millions of MILLIONS of dollars that evaporated from the economy just from having the college basketball games cancelled.

So, we try to strike a balance. Address the spread of the virus, while trying to protect the economy as much as we can.

Thanks. As much as it sucks I guess that’s the correct course of action. Hopefully our older generation takes every precaution necessary and won’t become infected. I really don’t want anyone I know losing to this. If anyone needs anything from a store or whatever and I live close by please PM me I’ll do everything I can do you can stay home and safe. We can’t beat this unless we all work together

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What I am stating is just how triage/forest preservation methods work and how it's being applied here or may be.

Exactly. I'm not offended by your comments, even though I fit (narrowly) into your described demographic. :)

These are the things that the policy leaders are wrestling with.

The medical people are focused on the people, so push for strong quarantines. (I like that Fauci guy, while recognizing he probably would love some sort of socialized medicine scheme.)

The business leaders also want to protect their investments, including the people, while also protecting... their investments.

Its a huge balancing act that is really done all the time, but something like this provides a sharp focus.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    That's a relatively small number to lose, especially considering a significant percentage of them would be retirement-age anyway.

Taking jedi's point to heart, if the goal was to maximize our economy, there's an argument that no quarantine should happen. Push everyone out to get exposed. Some will develop antibodies, some will die. But, the spending spree would continue. Just think of the millions of MILLIONS of dollars that evaporated from the economy just from having the college basketball games cancelled.

So, we try to strike a balance. Address the spread of the virus, while trying to protect the economy as much as we can.
    [video=youtube;GGhu5Zl5ry8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGhu5Zl5ry8[/video]

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Can't totally stop the spread in it's tracks. The goal is to reduce the curve so it doesn't overwhelm the healthcare system trying to deal with the virus until it runs it's course.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I'll probably make it to 60 in 13 days, But I thought I'd get to 40 without a heart attack too. Thanks Jedi. ouch......

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    It's not all about age, as it relates to risk of morbidity from this virus. There are many other risk factors that could play an even bigger role (e.g. diabetes, obesity, copd, cancer patient/survivor, smokers/vapors, etc.).

Let's all work together, for the sake of humanity. The quicker we all pull together, the quicker we get back to the things we love to do and the people we cherish to visit.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Do a search on Twitter of "shoot the virus" to see some real idiocy.

Nope, guns aren't for shooting the virus you morons. It's for shooting the muppets that lose their damn minds and come for *your *****, and the increase in crime as police say they'll be doing less responding

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Good lord. President speaking now. He's detailing plans for dealing with this, what is being proposed on containing it, etc.. You know, important stuff. Yet some bimbo in the press corps asks "Why are you still calling it the Chinese virus? Isn't that racist?" :facepalm:

Trump answered perfectly. "It came from China. It's not racist."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    But under 18 aren’t in the work force, and most in their 20s aren’t either. They’re waiting on their hand outs and government cheese.

Or, they're children supported by their parents - you know, like it's been for thousands of years.

Remember, you can't get EIC until you hit 25.

I don’t want my parents or grandparents to die over something that could be stomped out with some short term sacrifices, and I don’t want any of the older folks on ingo to pass either. Most of what I know in life today is because someone older gave me the knowledge.

THIS. Nor do I want massive Medicare cost, uninsured... and for this thing to drag on into the summer.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Good lord. President speaking now. He's detailing plans for dealing with this, what is being proposed on containing it, etc.. You know, important stuff. Yet some bimbo in the press corps asks "Why are you still calling it the Chinese virus? Isn't that racist?" :facepalm:

Trump answered perfectly. "It came from China. It's not racist."

I voted for Trump, and will again. And he's right. But that said, there's no need to antagonize the country that makes most of our medication.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I voted for Trump, and will again. And he's right. But that said, there's no need to antagonize the country that makes most of our medication.

I haven't heard him antagonizing them. I have however heard the state run Chinese media threaten the U.S. hinting at cutting off our medical supplies, etc.. Using a word that accurately describes the origin of the virus is just a wee bit less antagonizing than that. Call me crazy.

Not one word was said about China at all in this press conference, except for the liberal bimbo SJW.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Everybody, including all of INGO, calls it "Coronavirus or COVID-19", so is he being contrary just to be contrary? I'm not even that bad.

However, at my house, out of the public eye, we do call it the "Kung Flu". :):

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I haven't heard him antagonizing them. I have however heard the state run Chinese media threaten the U.S. hinting at cutting off our medical supplies, etc.. Using a word that accurately describes the origin of the virus is just a wee bit less antagonizing than that. Call me crazy.
    This is a good example of why we should never rely on another country for medical or military supplies. If China had a backbone and wished for the world to look to them for help, they would do everything they could to provide support to countries who need it, NOT threaten withholding it, especially considering it was them who put the world in this situation. They aren’t helping people’s opinions of them

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I will continue to post. I admit being called a fear mongering idiot got to me. This PM is why I will continue to keep posting honestly.
    The information I have given has helped others mentally and physically to prepare. That is and has always been my goal.

"I am in charge of inpatient and retail pharmacies in a rehab facility in marion county. We deal with traumatic brain injuries, strokes, spinal injuries, and other misc (transplant,dialysis, etc).We are entertaining processes for taking overflow from larger acute care facilities. Most non-essential therapies have ceased, and my pharmacies are closed gate mail order only.

From your warnings last month, I ordered 2000 n95 masks before the shortage. The masks have been contained in pharmacy to prevent them from walking, and we still remain in preservation mode"

So knowing that I indeed have helped someone prepare means much more to me than a bruise to my ego,and frustration of people who simple do not get it.
    As well as I understand normalcy bias it still frustrates me greatly at times. So thank you for the pm. I hope to continue to help when and where I can.

Here is some information from Texas.

Just received confirmation on this from Dallas @JudgeClayJ
    chief of staff -- patients who have coronavirus and are in their 20s and 30s being treated now at Dallas hospitals are in critical condition and have no underlying conditions.

Dr. Diana Cervantes, the chief epidemiologist at the state level during the ebola response in 2014, says we, as a country, might react differently to this coronavirus than people in China, Italy, France, etc

“This is the first time we’re seeing this introduced into our population...In the United States, we also have different distributions of diseases and different factors that play into how we might see overall the clinical picture for the population.”
    @DCHHS
    tells me of the nine new cases reported today, five are hospitalized — and those five who are hospitalized are in their 20s, 30s and 60s. Three of those five are critical.

https://twitter.com/DCHHS/status/1240010150578192386

https://twitter.com/AllisonFox4News

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Everybody, including all of INGO, calls it "Coronavirus or COVID-19", so is he being contrary just to be contrary? I'm not even that bad.

However, at my house, out of the public eye, we do call it the "Kung Flu". :):

Im a YUGE trump supporter, but it does seem like he may be trying to push some buttons there. It doesn’t bother me, because technically it is true, but right now I wish we’d focus on the virus itself instead of what people choose to call it. After the threat is gone, I don’t care if he flips China the bird and calls it kung flu on national tv, but for now let’s focus on defeating the damn thing.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I heard a French doctor say on the radio that you could have sex but should avoid kissing.
    He said maybe it was time to try new positions. :):

Also something along the lines of, "You should have sex, even with your wife if necessary...." ;)

ROFLMAO! Thanks to both of you... needed a good laugh this morning! (especially with the other convo in this thread)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom