• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    if that video is actually what is happening then we are in for a real messy situation. The poor woman said to not trust the government. It’s a little late for that realization. Sad thing is we will be in the same situation here because very few will be prepared. Please do what you can to prepare now. No one will be coming with a helping hand.

That video is terrifying… I’m going to be having nightmares for those poor people.

Given the state-run media out of the communist PRC, I'm more likely to believe WorldStarHipHop than any official media releases. Indeed, they have it pretty rough over there.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    [FONT=&quot]On Wednesday, 1,737 new confirmed cases, 38 new deaths and 4,148 new suspected cases were reported, the commission added.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Among the total infections, 1,370 patients have been in serious condition and 124 people had been cured and released from hospitals.
    https://global.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202001/30/WS5e32318ca310128217273a9a.html

Read it all.But it does not look good.
    "Fever clinics across the province received 32,309 people on Wednesday, according to the Hubei provincial health commission.

Straight from the Chinese government. Less have been cured and released than have died(over 200 now dead).

[/FONT]

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yet we still have bleeding heart imbeciles that think cutting off all incoming flights from OCONUS is too extreme a measure. Even though the one flight we brought in has already had a douchebag try and make a break for it. Some selfish **** decides you can’t keep me quarantined, escapes, and all of the sudden...it’d be easier if we didn’t allow incoming flights for the time being than to hassle with trying to quarantine folks.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Yet we still have bleeding heart imbeciles that think cutting off all incoming flights from OCONUS is too extreme a measure. Even though the one flight we brought in has already had a douchebag try and make a break for it. Some selfish **** decides you can’t keep me quarantined, escapes, and all of the sudden...it’d be easier if we didn’t allow incoming flights for the time being than to hassle with trying to quarantine folks.

I think Australia is doing it correctly. They are sending inbound flights(and flights with passengers who show symptoms) to an island off the coast.

Some disagree.I think they are taking the risk more seriously,and we should as well.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51317760

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I think Australia is doing it correctly. They are sending inbound flights(and flights with passengers who show symptoms) to an island off the coast.

Some disagree.I think they are taking the risk more seriously,and we should as well.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51317760
    Me too. I heard today on the radio that one passenger on the flight here tried to escape, but now I cannot find confirmation of that. The news report said no one was ever in danger and the person never left March AFB, but again I can’t find anything corroborating it?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Turn on CC,but videos from Wuhan.

More information about what is going on there than most anyone has seen. The 26 minute video of the very brave gentleman in the white t-shirt has law enforcement looking for him,and he knows it.He has been getting videos out for the last 7 days.Parts of his video are graphic...WARNING GRAPHIC.In this case things like showing dead bodies in wheel chairs waiting in an emergency room.He does a decent job considering he is secretly doing this,and dealing with more stress than at any point in his life.The 26 minute may be his last video,as the police where actively looking for him and contacted him on his phone and had contacted relatives looking for him.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnw9XCToAscVvvq7NbnK8rA

There is another of a woman yelling at hospital workers that she has 4 people dying in her apartment that need help.She has called the ambulance,and one of the cabs.No one came.Private cars are not allowed currently during the lock down.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

More information about what is going on there than most anyone has seen. The 26 minute video of the very brave gentleman in the white t-shirt has law enforcement looking for him,and he knows it.He has been getting videos out for the last 7 days.Parts of his video are graphic...WARNING GRAPHIC.In this case things like showing dead bodies in wheel chairs waiting in an emergency room.He does a decent job considering he is secretly doing this,and dealing with more stress than at any point in his life.The 26 minute may be his last video,as the police where actively looking for him and contacted him on his phone and had contacted relatives looking for him.

There is another of a woman yelling at hospital workers that she has 4 people dying in her apartment that need help.She has called the ambulance,and one of the cabs.No one came.Private cars are not allowed currently during the lock down.
    That is one really frustrated man at his government. You don’t even need to read the captions. It transcends the language.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    [h=2]Japan now has 17 confirmed coronavirus cases[/h]Japan confirmed three new cases of the novel coronavirus on Friday, bringing the total number of cases to 17, according to Japan’s Ministry of Health and Welfare.
    Of the three new cases, one is a female bus guide who developed a fever after working with a driver that had contracted the virus. The other two cases are men in their 30s and 50s who returned from Wuhan on government-chartered flights on Thursday. Both men showed no symptoms of the virus.
    https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-01-31-20-intl-hnk/index.html

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

Thanks for the link. Very disturbing and very brave. He likely signed his death warrant at the end. The guy makes many good points. One part:
    We have to prioritize critically ill patients. Because we don't have enough test kits... A few hundred kits per hospital.

And this is why I think the actual numbers are far higher than the "confirmed cases" number. He talks about people not being able to get to a hospital at all or visiting multiple hospitals because they can't get any attention. I understand that hospitals practice for major events- pandemics, large-scale accidents, etc. and they would be strained or even overwhelmed. That is exactly what this looks like. You do not see hospitals overrun like this from regular flu.

To those that say that flu has killed more people so coronavirus is nothing, please watch the video. 98% of the confirmed cases have been in China, so seeing what they are dealing with is informative. It hasn't had a significant impact in the US yet and if we are very, very lucky, it won't. In the meantime, take some time to prep and do what you can to be as healthy as possible. If coronavirus comes to the US in a serious way, home health care may be the best/only option available.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Thanks for the link. Very disturbing and very brave. He likely signed his death warrant at the end. The guy makes many good points. One part:

And this is why I think the actual numbers are far higher than the "confirmed cases" number. He talks about people not being able to get to a hospital at all or visiting multiple hospitals because they can't get any attention. I understand that hospitals practice for major events- pandemics, large-scale accidents, etc. and they would be strained or even overwhelmed. That is exactly what this looks like. You do not see hospitals overrun like this from regular flu.

To those that say that flu has killed more people so coronavirus is nothing, please watch the video. 98% of the confirmed cases have been in China, so seeing what they are dealing with is informative. It hasn't had a significant impact in the US yet and if we are very, very lucky, it won't. In the meantime, take some time to prep and do what you can to be as healthy as possible. If coronavirus comes to the US in a serious way, home health care may be the best/only option available.

How do you know what a normal flu season looks like at hospitals in China let alone an epidemic? If those were American hospitals, I'd say maybe.

What percentage of those people are panicking because they have some flu like symptoms, versus how many actually have this strain of the flu. Showing people passing out, does not provide context. Overworked hospital workers and guards, valiantly staying at their post past the point of exhaustion or sick with the flu. Same goes for some of the patients, have a fever, waiting in line for hours without food or water, what do you think is going to happen.

In a state controlled economy, what are the lead times for acquiring and distributing needed supplies.

I'm not saying it's not informative, just not apples to apples, China versus Free market 1st world economies.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Remember, there are multiple strains of flu going around ALL THE TIME.

So, the coronavirus is already here in the US, so it's a matter of if/when it becomes an epidemic.

Avoiding public places and anyone with "flu like symptoms" ought to be your norm RIGHT NOW.

REMEMBER

PRIOR PLANNING PREVENTS POOR PERFORMANCE AND PANIC

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Probably the best news I read so far, testing for this virus will be quicker and more readily available.

CDC has developed a real time Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction (rRT-PCR) test that can diagnose 2019-nCoV in respiratory and serum samples from clinical specimens. On January 24, 2020, CDC publicly posted the assay protocol for this test. Currently, testing for this virus must take place at CDC, but in the coming days and weeks, CDC will share these tests with domestic and international partners through the agency’s International Reagent Resource

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html

[h=2]Prevention[/h]There is currently no vaccine to prevent 2019-nCoV infection. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:

• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
    • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
    • Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
    • Stay home when you are sick.
    • Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
    • Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
    These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses. CDC does have specific guidance for travelers.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    What percentage of those people are panicking because they have some flu like symptoms, versus how many actually have this strain of the flu. Showing people passing out, does not provide context. Overworked hospital workers and guards, valiantly staying at their post past the point of exhaustion or sick with the flu. Same goes for some of the patients, have a fever, waiting in line for hours without food or water, what do you think is going to happen.

Totally understand and agree. Unfortunately cold and flu are very similar in symptoms to coronavirus. That results in a lot of people going in who otherwise might treat at home. Unfortunately, that adds to the load and stress at the hospitals.

I'm definitely not panicked or trying to encourage panic, but do think that people need to be aware and prepared. Good preps actually reduce the strain on centralized care systems.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom