• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you have no idea what your spokesman said, why did you accuse me of saying something "absolutely false"? My post explicitly referenced what was said on the news.

Fair enough, I didn't see that interview. I will simply say it would be completely out of character, and that since there is no proof supporting either claim, it's hearsay.... until proof one way or the other is provided. I will further suggest that you replace the pronoun "they," which is inclusive of the entire department, with "he," indicating that in that interview, one person made that statement, which ran contrary to the decision of a collective group of officers that were on the original scene.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Fair enough, I didn't see that interview. I will simply say it would be completely out of character, and that since there is no proof supporting either claim, it's hearsay.... until proof one way or the other is provided. I will further suggest that you replace the pronoun "they," which is inclusive of the entire department, with "he," indicating that in that interview, one person made that statement, which ran contrary to the decision of a collective group of officers that were on the original scene.

Translation: I can not disagree with your original statement about that indecent, and my original counter was premature.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

Whoa there, let's back up just a bit here.

1. If the guy whose title is "department spokesman" doesn't speak for the department, then who does? Your dept put him on the news.

2. I don't think you understand the definition of "hearsay". I suggest you look it up and pay close attention to the part about "the truth of the matter asserted". Me posting what he said to illustrate how wrong what he said is, is by definition excluded from the definition of hearsay.

3. How do you figure there is "no proof"? I personally saw/heard it and posted about it the next day 3.5 years ago. You admit you have no idea what was said. Where do you get off saying there is "no proof"? Just how are you impeaching me? You already have admitted ignorance. I'd wager you have locked people up before off the "proof" of one eyewitness.

You are kind of making my point for me here. Step out of your CPD shoes and reread what you just wrote. How do you think it comes off to the general citizenry? You, a cop, have called me out for falsehoods. You have then admitted that you have no idea whether what I said was false or not. You then come up with a bunch of stuff about hearsay and proof which simply makes no sense.

I don't understand how you think this is helping the readership here trust cops more? You know I'm not a cop-hater. You know that I've posted a ton of stuff on INGO supporting LE.

Don't look on this as personal against you or your dept, it isnt. My axe to grind is that I want there to be public trust in law enforcement and I'm sick of seeing a few LEOS just pissing all over that by refusing to consider that maybe getting arrested and held over this water incident is a citizen getting screwed over.

One of the biggest reason a lot of people take an us vs them attitude toward cops because of cops who cannot consider the possibility they were wrong or made a mistake and that is a shame.

Everyone makes mistakes, I've made way more than my share. It isn't the mistake that damages trust, it is the refusal to acknowledge it.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Whoa there, let's back up just a bit here.

1. If the guy whose title is "department spokesman" doesn't speak for the department, then who does? Your dept put him on the news.

2. I don't think you understand the definition of "hearsay". I suggest you look it up and pay close attention to the part about "the truth of the matter asserted". Me posting what he said to illustrate how wrong what he said is, is by definition excluded from the definition of hearsay.

3. How do you figure there is "no proof"? I personally saw/heard it and posted about it the next day 3.5 years ago. You admit you have no idea what was said. Where do you get off saying there is "no proof"? Just how are you impeaching me? You already have admitted ignorance. I'd wager you have locked people up before off the "proof" of one eyewitness.

You are kind of making my point for me here. Step out of your CPD shoes and reread what you just wrote. How do you think it comes off to the general citizenry? You, a cop, have called me out for falsehoods. You have then admitted that you have no idea whether what I said was false or not. You then come up with a bunch of stuff about hearsay and proof which simply makes no sense.

I don't understand how you think this is helping the readership here trust cops more? You know I'm not a cop-hater. You know that I've posted a ton of stuff on INGO supporting LE.

Don't look on this as personal against you or your dept, it isnt. My axe to grind is that I want there to be public trust in law enforcement and I'm sick of seeing a few LEOS just pissing all over that by refusing to consider that maybe getting arrested and held over this water incident is a citizen getting screwed over.

One of the biggest reason a lot of people take an us vs them attitude toward cops because of cops who cannot consider the possibility they were wrong or made a mistake and that is a shame.

Everyone makes mistakes, I've made way more than my share. It isn't the mistake that damages trust, it is the refusal to acknowledge it.

I know you're not a cop hater, and I'm not accusing you of being untruthful.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Really weird, but this popped up on Facebook just now.

Young mother handcuffed at gunpoint by Carmel Police - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    One more reason to avoid Carmel. No transparency means no accountability.

Are you calling her a liar? What kind of question is that?

Was she in Carmel? Is that what you're trying to say?
    And you need to take a deep breath. I asked if she always went 55mph on 465 to find out if she simply slowed down due to knowing a patrol car was behind her (which people typically do), of if she actually DOES do 55mph all the time (which would be VERY rare).

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Was she in Carmel? Is that what you're trying to say?
    No. If I were connecting that comment to her post it would have been below her post. It was above her post, hence not related. Carmel does not, as policy, release any dashcam footage. There's only one reason for that. And it ain't good.

And you need to take a deep breath. I asked if she always went 55mph on 465 to find out if she simply slowed down due to knowing a patrol car was behind her (which people typically do), of if she actually DOES do 55mph all the time (which would be VERY rare).
    My O2 levels are fine. Why should I take a deep breath? Oh, wait. You thought I was worked up over your post? You aren't that important. Does it matter whether she slowed down only for the cop? The point is she was doing the speed limit and the cop was tailgating her.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No. If I were connecting that comment to her post it would have been below her post. It was above her post, hence not related. Carmel does not, as policy, release any dashcam footage. There's only one reason for that. And it ain't good.

Actually, that's the city's policy, and the department strongly disagrees with it. There have been plenty of issues that officers have wanted the video released, and the city refused. In fact, the very case involving that mom, the department wanted to release the other vids from attending cars, and the city refused. So, what's your "ain't good" reasonings?

My O2 levels are fine. Why should I take a deep breath? Oh, wait. You thought I was worked up over your post? You aren't that important. Does it matter whether she slowed down only for the cop? The point is she was doing the speed limit and the cop was tailgating her.[/QUOTE]

Anybody that's seen you post know it's pretty easy to get you "worked up".... important person or not. So spare me your dramatics.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Actually, that's the city's policy, and the department strongly disagrees with it. There have been plenty of issues that officers have wanted the video released, and the city refused. In fact, the very case involving that mom, the department wanted to release the other vids from attending cars, and the city refused. So, what's your "ain't good" reasonings?

My O2 levels are fine. Why should I take a deep breath? Oh, wait. You thought I was worked up over your post? You aren't that important. Does it matter whether she slowed down only for the cop? The point is she was doing the speed limit and the cop was tailgating her.

Anybody that's seen you post know it's pretty easy to get you "worked up".... important person or not. So spare me your dramatics.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Back to the excise officers, or whatever they are called. This thread has been going on long enough I've forgotten some stuff.
    Do they have arrest powers?
    When I've had to deal with them, or heard of them, they just left notes of violations. And their department (ATC) sent fines out.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Yeah, that's what I said. I've already addressed why it isn't good.

So spare me your dramatics.
    That's rich.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Back to the excise officers, or whatever they are called. This thread has been going on long enough I've forgotten some stuff.
    Do they have arrest powers?
    When I've had to deal with them, or heard of them, they just left notes of violations. And their department (ATC) sent fines out.
    Full arrest powers.

Top Bottom