• IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    were you in the far left lane?

Nope. Far right lane. However, if the speed limit is 55, why should it matter, and why should he tailgate?

For the apologists out there, if I was going 65, then I would have been speeding and the cop would have been within his right to pull me over, right? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What makes the difference? I was going the speed limit. He was not traveling at a safe difference behind me. Oh wait...THAT doesn't matter.

Well for one, it would make you a hypocrite. It would indicate that during certain times, you think it's "ok" to break traffic laws, but when others break them, at a time of their choosing, then it's not "ok." If you contend that you always go 55 mph, on I465, then yes, you'd have a legit gripe.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Well for one, it would make you a hypocrite. It would indicate that during certain times, you think it's "ok" to break traffic laws, but when others break them, at a time of their choosing, then it's not "ok." If you contend that you always go 55 mph, on I465, then yes, you'd have a legit gripe.

Some times it is ok to break traffic laws

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Nope. Far right lane. However, if the speed limit is 55, why should it matter, and why should he tailgate?

For the apologists out there, if I was going 65, then I would have been speeding and the cop would have been within his right to pull me over, right? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

perhaps he was attempting to read your license plate?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yep. If you dont speed on 465 at certain times you become a severe traffic hazard.

I don't even run traffic on I465, and if I happen to find myself up there, I've been know to wave people by....and then it's like a jailbreak. I got complained on once for speeding on 465, and I was doing 60mph thinking that would be alright. The PD didnt share that view.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I don't even run traffic on I465, and if I happen to find myself up there, I've been know to wave people by....and then it's like a jailbreak. I got complained on once for speeding on 465, and I was doing 60mph thinking that would be alright. The PD didnt share that view.

That is about what I usually run in the right lane. I was never in a hurry to get where I was going and wasn't about to be the cause of 10,000 people not getting where they needed to be.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN

I never said those words, so don't put them in my mouth.

Ive been pulled over in the past for "going with the flow" of traffic. So what does one do? Go with the flow because that's what everyone else is doing, or go the posted speed limit (and catch the wrath of certain INGO members)??

So yeah, when a cop flies up my backside I'm a little hesitant to step on the gas. Again, damned if you do....

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Update

UPDATE: On July 31st, 2014, the state announced that it will settle Elizabeth Daly’s lawsuit for a sum of $212,000, WTVR reported. The Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) board will also provide her with a letter explaining her arrest record to any future employer.

Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring stressed that the settlement was not an admission of guilt by the state. None of the agents were fired for their conduct, nor did they receive any criminal charges.

VirginiaABC-patch.jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    UPDATE: On July 31st, 2014, the state announced that it will settle Elizabeth Daly’s lawsuit for a sum of $212,000, WTVR reported. The Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) board will also provide her with a letter explaining her arrest record to any future employer.

Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring stressed that the settlement was not an admission of guilt by the state. None of the agents were fired for their conduct, nor did they receive any criminal charges.

VirginiaABC-patch.jpg

Just the taxpayers on the hook...again.

Top Bottom