Cop car pulled in my driveway 10 minutes ago...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Man if you think it is a battle ground now you should have been here just a week ago. IMO some of the worst offenders, pot stirrers and anti anything law enforcement got the ban hammer. Those said offenders are now on other sites telling everyone how bad IDGO is even though they spent countless hours on here before. I am already liking INGO much better. There is still a little more work to be done but it is getting much better.

By the way... welcome to the site.

Actually on the other Indiana board we don't appreciate complaining about INGO, matter o fact we frown on it and usually that person ends up self censoring from the encouragement of the board not the mods. As for the other boards I can not speak to them, but the other Indiana board I belong to it isn't tolerated.:)

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    ^^ Yeah, clearly no difference between, for example, a firefighter who dies trying to save people in a burning building or soldiers who drop into Mogadishu to save downed helicopter pilots surrounded by a mob -- people who go into dangerous situations, knowing the risks, willing to give their lives for others or for a cause -- and a UPS driver who is tragically killed in an accident...

Seriously? I definitely agree that both are tragic, and probably equally painful to the families and friends of the deceased, but in my little world, there is a definite difference when someone knowingly, willingly risks his/her life for others vs. is the victim of an unfortunate accident. But that's just me, I'm old-fashioned like that.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Man if you think it is a battle ground now you should have been here just a week ago. IMO some of the worst offenders, pot stirrers and anti anything law enforcement got the ban hammer. Those said offenders are now on other sites telling everyone how bad IDGO is even though they spent countless hours on here before. I am already liking INGO much better. There is still a little more work to be done but it is getting much better.

And you know this because you go visit those other sites and lurk around to see what others might be saying about you? Or are you just making **** up?

But regardless, it looks to me like you think this board should be some sort of LEO love-fest, where dissenting opinion, and questioning of LEO tactics and methodologies isn't allowed. Is that what you think?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    and soldiers? They should be placed on par with the fisherman that loses his life because it's simply a "job?" :dunno:

Well as quick as they go through greenhorns on crab boats it looks to me like you could hop out of the squad car and step on a crab boat about any day you're feel'n froggy and under appreciated.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well as quick as they go through greenhorns on crab boats it looks to me like you could hop out of the squad car and step on a crab boat about any day you're feel'n froggy and under appreciated.

crabs, frogs... wat?

The day beta gamma hyro electric rays are sent from the plant Xerodon, by the evil intergalactic tyrant Turkenspil, which creates rabid man-eating crab the size of a 3 story building, and Godzilla and King Kong aren't available to save us, I'll gladly sign up. And I won't even expect a pat on the back

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

you mean like some of you guys do on officer.com?:laugh:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    OK. That snipped section of your quote right there, says "Police Officers". It does not say, "this cop" it does not say "cops like that", it says "Police Officers.

It also says "their stupid mouths". Meaning "Police Officers" are stupid.

OK, English professor. "their stupid mouths" means their mouths are stupid, ie: something stupid came out of their mouth. It is quite a stretch to say that what I said, even in your edited half missing context, could mean "Police officers" are stupid. You've seen me post. If I wanted to say that Police Officers are stupid, we both know I would just come out and say it. That isn't what I said, at all, and that isn't what I meant, at all. You have edited my post and left out quite a bit of what I really said.

We can play this silly game all day long. Why can't we ever just stick to the OP?

Because you have to whine and cry and try to make everyone out to get you. I wasn't referring to you with my post, or any other INGO cops, who have the good sense to not say something so stupid as what the cop in the OP said. I directly replied to the OP with my post, which you took out of context, edited to mislead everyone, and tried to turn it into a vendetta against ALL police officers in the entire universe. Once again, this is what I actually said, in response to the OP, if you can even remember what that was.

Until Police Officers start walking around unarmed, they need to keep their stupid mouths shut about We The People keeping and bearing arms out in public, let alone on our own **** property.

Notice, I underlined "stupid mouths" to show that I didn't say "stupid cops". I enlarged the word "about" to stress that they don't need to keep their mouths shut all the time, just when they feel the need to comment about - "we the people keeping and bearing arms..." And finally, notice I used the phrase "let alone on our own **** property." Which further refers to the OPs story, where if you can manage to remember, he was on his own property, when a police officer opened up his mouth and said something stupid about we the people keeping and bearing arms...on his own property.

I can't explain it in any simpler terms, so if you don't understand by now what I meant by what I said, then it's because you don't want to. You want an us Vs. them, for whatever reason, otherwise you wouldn't have to edit my post, and take the part you left entirely out of context, just to start an argument and turn this thread into an "Us VS them" thread.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Just to further prove that with a little editing, not moving anything around, or adding any text to your post. I can simply delete things you said, like you did to me, and make your edited post look just like my edited post. Editing posts, by simply hacking out parts of sentences is lame. Here is why.

Saying police officers should shut their stupid mouths is called for and most definitely rep worthy.

OK. "Police Officers" are stupid.

:eek: I can't believe you posted those things, Kick. Neg rep inbound for saying that all police officers are stupid! :n00b:

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    Sorry if already said but i did not read thru all pages....

But if i was an officer...I think I would not be concerned with a man OC in my presence.....I would assume, he is a law abiding citizen and has a LTCH and being the OP did not say the officer ask to see his license.....I would say he assumed the same....

So, now back to the ambush reasons for a cop to be anxious about someone OC......How many of those ambushes were by a law abiding citizen, OC and with a LTCH

personally i would be more scared of the guy walking up and standing with his hands in his pockets.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    And you know this because you go visit those other sites and lurk around to see what others might be saying about you? Or are you just making **** up?

But regardless, it looks to me like you think this board should be some sort of LEO love-fest, where dissenting opinion, and questioning of LEO tactics and methodologies isn't allowed. Is that what you think?

You bet I look around to see what people are doing and saying on other site. I could care less about what anyone says or thinks about me...not even a little bit.

And no I don't think this board should be a LEO love fest as you call it. But it does get annoying when it is always the same very select few that feels the need to make daily threads and posts that are clearly anti LEO. Something I do think is that many if not most of those select are either criminals that got busted, someone who wants to get into the LE profession and cannot or a combination of both. They live their life to surf the web to find any and all things that cast a bad light on LE as a whole. It is more than obvious.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    But if i was an officer...I think I would not be concerned with a man OC in my presence.....I would assume, he is a law abiding citizen and has a LTCH and being the OP did not say the officer ask to see his license.....I would say he assumed the same.....

Exactly right. Not to mention, since it was on his own property, he doesn't even have to have a LTCH to open carry a handgun in his own yard. The officer could have said one of any billions of things to break the ice, but instead, insisted on telling a free man that he should disarm next time an officer makes an appearance on his own property, while, and I stress this part the most, the officer, himself, is carrying a handgun, onto the private property of a guy who he just told to disarm next time. It is such an ignorant thing to say, that if he had said it to me, my head would have just exploded. I wouldn't have protested, argued, or told him to take his handgun back to his car. My head would have just blown up from the sheer hypocrisy and stupidity of his ignorant comment.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Something I do think is that many if not most of those select are either criminals that got busted, someone who wants to get into the LE profession and cannot or a combination of both. They live their life to surf the web to find any and all things that cast a bad light on LE as a whole. It is more than obvious.

Nah. We just don't like *** holes who abuse their entrusted powers. Can you lead me to a collection of threads started with the intent to cast a bad light on LE "as a whole". I haven't seen those, and since you say that people spend their whole lives searching for them and posting them, it should be pretty easy to point me toward a few of them.

There is no "bad" light being cast. It's just regular light being cast on "bad" people. Bad, dirty, ignorant, abusive cops, like the ones we read about on INGO all the time do themselves the damage. They are fully responsible for their own actions. Don't shoot the messenger.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    you mean like some of you guys do on officer.com?:laugh:

Officer.com is a dedicated LEO site. Some guys there bash certain people for whatever reason. This is a gun owners website and IMO is geared towards gun ownership not always kicking on anything and everything the police do. I happen to visit here because I love guns. If I wanted to be a part of a site that has tons of anti LEO views I would join felons.com or something.. Hopefully the mods will keep this site from going in that direction. I would say they have been doing a real good job of it the last week or so. Many other members feel the same as I do,LEO's or not.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Sorry if already said but i did not read thru all pages....

But if i was an officer...I think I would not be concerned with a man OC in my presence.....I would assume, he is a law abiding citizen and has a LTCH and being the OP did not say the officer ask to see his license.....I would say he assumed the same....

So, now back to the ambush reasons for a cop to be anxious about someone OC......How many of those ambushes were by a law abiding citizen, OC and with a LTCH

personally i would be more scared of the guy walking up and standing with his hands in his pockets.

This is a good point. Just this weekend I had guy approach me in my backyard wanting to sell me a tree. He was polite but not well dressed. He kept his hands in his pocket or behind his back and was nervous. So wearing work clothes and nervous about trying to sell something to a stranger. Still I was aware that I could not see his hands. It is the stuff you don't see that can hurt you.

I am actually a bit surprised this thread has so many legs under it. Lot of us vs them types of comments. Most of my friends are LEO and upstanding guys. They have memorized the protect and serve lectures bit is still just a job. Trust me they have other priorities in their lives. Are there dangers? Sure. But you counter that with training and awareness. There is one big difference between a soldier jumping from a helicopter to save his colleagues under impossible circumstances or a firefighter running into a collapsing skyscraper. Those people know the odds are against them and they probably will not return to their families. This my friends is heroics and these men/women should be idolized. My LEO friends on the other hand schedule vacations, make dinner plans, have a time to pick up the kids, etc. Basically they expect to return. I can only imagine what their mental state would be if they actually thought they would die or that everyone was out to kill them. Probably the same if I just knew that I was going to get killed in a truck or equipment accident.

Is the job of a LEO important? Yes. But so is the UPS guy delivering medicine, the farmer growing food, the truck drivers, construction, miners, well you get the point.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Officer.com is a dedicated LEO site. Some guys there bash certain people for whatever reason. This is a gun owners website and IMO is geared towards gun ownership not always kicking on anything and everything the police do. I happen to visit here because I love guns. If I wanted to be a part of a site that has tons of anti LEO views I would join felons.com or something.. Hopefully the mods will keep this site from going in that direction. I would say they have been doing a real good job of it the last week or so. Many other members feel the same as I do,LEO's or not.

So we have to be felons in order to think there is something wrong with law enforcement. It is pretty self evident and has been admitted that there is poor training or old training still being used that can and has caused challenges in reference to gun ownership. Being that the encounters involve guns and/or carrying it becomes relevant.

I personally I have never had any troubles with leos when carrying and posted it several times and about the only leo I have ever seen in those threads is Frank. There are quite a few good encounters if you look for them, but you want it censored so we should remove that as well because we don't want one sided representation that casts you in a negative or a positive light. I don't like the political and tinfoil stuff so I stay out of those sections, just like people don't want to see good encounters with LEOs because it makes them look bad if they rag on ALL law enforcement.

There are bad cops, just like there are bad citizens, bad parents, bad lawyers, and bad judges. Does that mean that all cops, citizens, parents, lawyers, and judges are bad? Bad news is up out the door and around the block twice before good news even finishes putting it's pants on. That is the way its always been and that is the way it always will be. :popcorn:

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    j706;200 And no I don't think this board should be a LEO love fest as you call it. But it does get annoying when it is always the same very select few that feels the need to make daily threads and posts that are clearly anti LEO. Something I do think is that many if not most of those select are either criminals that got busted said:
    Well I wonder why I have a dislike of leo's......oh and in my criminal lif all 40years of it...i have received two moving vilations....I know a felon in the making!!!

Well to all but two officers, I have had the pleasure of coversing have treated me as a common criminal.....so like you I have drawn my own conclusion that most officers where bullied in school......their parents did not love or respect them.......there wife is cheating on them....so they got a job so they could stick their chest out and play tuff guy....and try to demand the respect that they never earned or received.......so, now we have our assumptions of each other......can't we all just get along????

Top Bottom