Cop car pulled in my driveway 10 minutes ago...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    OK I am fairly new here but I guess I will wade in to this.

I am ex LEO and I can see both sides here. BUT... The OP said that there was no disrespect by either party in this encounter. Everything after the OP is OPINIONS by others. And now it's "us against them" in this thread.

No one is arguing 2A here. It has just been turned into cop bashing.:twocents:

Well, yeah. Don't forget the endless OC v. CC debate which has even managed to shoulder its way into this thread. I think it's even odds whether the next evolution is to Glock v. 1911, or .45ACP v. 9mm.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Well, yeah. Don't forget the endless OC v. CC debate which has even managed to shoulder its way into this thread. I think it's even odds whether the next evolution is to Glock v. 1911, or .45ACP v. 9mm.

I sold my Glocks and 1911's and I'm down to revolvers, so can we argue about S&W and Rugers and .357 and .44, that way I can stay in the thread.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    :rolleyes:

As I said. Some people can't take the heat they bring on themselves when they open their pieholes. I can't help that, and I'm not going to change my ways to accommodate whining crybabies. I never went to Sweet Talk Other Men School, And I'm not going to whine and cry about it to site staff like a pusillanimous little monkey and try to get them banned.

I can take that heat.

I have GOT to remember this word for Scrabble. :rockwoot:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Why can't you and other "bashers" act like men instead of children and stop bashing?

You know I'm not anti LEO, I appreciate what they do and I have several blood relatives who are LEO.

If you didn't wrap yourself up in blue and march around with an "I'm LEO" entitlement attitude you wouldn't get bashed as much.

I get bashed all the time and people I care about and love get bashed all the time. :dunno: I just don't start a thread and cry about it everytime something is mentioned.

I know enough LEO's I don't buy that bull about joining the force for the betterment of humanity. None of them I know passed up rocket scientist to be mother tereasa in blue. You guys do a job, thanks for doing it. It's still a job just the same as a hundred others. Thanks to the plumbers, thanks to the roofers, thanks to the autoworkers, thanks to the farmers, ...

what ever. If you don't want to do it, quit.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Flip it around on him.

"Next time you are on someone's private property, in a place where no threat to your safety exists to inspect a sailboat, you could leave your weapon in your cruiser so you don't make the owner nervous."

If you're interested in serving you aren't out to make sure everyone else caters to your safety above their own, viewing people first as criminals and not law-abiding citizens.

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    This is one cultural/political reason why open carry of personal defense weapons is very important. The more we do it in our society, the more people are around firearms being carried for personal defense, the more it will become "no big deal" when someone is around you and your packing. The honest every day "joe" citizen.. the good guy... should not be shamed for openly carrying a weapon for self defense. Bad guys need to be scared to carry weapons, not us.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I know enough LEO's I don't buy that bull about joining the force for the betterment of humanity. None of them I know passed up rocket scientist to be mother tereasa in blue. You guys do a job, thanks for doing it. It's still a job just the same as a hundred others. Thanks to the plumbers, thanks to the roofers, thanks to the autoworkers, thanks to the farmers, ...

what ever. If you don't want to do it, quit.

and soldiers? They should be placed on par with the fisherman that loses his life because it's simply a "job?" :dunno:

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    and soldiers? They should be placed on par with the fisherman that loses his life because it's simply a "job?" :dunno:
    when someone loses thier life doing thier job its a tragedy. a cop or a soldier doing thier job are no better than anyone else. we all know the risks we take when we get into our careers.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    A cop pulled into my driveway about 5 minutes ago. Then he pulled his car into my garage. Then he just walked into my house like he owned the place. Now he's posting this using my INGO username. What a jerk.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    OK as I said I am a nubie here. I am sorry... I still don't understand what this means because I am not "in the know".

I guess If I need to disappear from this forum I doubt I will lose sleep over it.

I thought this was a forum for like thinking/minded people to interact. It looks like a battleground to me and I don't need it.

Man if you think it is a battle ground now you should have been here just a week ago. IMO some of the worst offenders, pot stirrers and anti anything law enforcement got the ban hammer. Those said offenders are now on other sites telling everyone how bad IDGO is even though they spent countless hours on here before. I am already liking INGO much better. There is still a little more work to be done but it is getting much better.

By the way... welcome to the site.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    A cop pulled into my driveway about 5 minutes ago. Then he pulled his car into my garage. Then he just walked into my house like he owned the place. Now he's posting this using my INGO username. What a jerk.

Schizophrenic much? Better get a handle on "him" before he starts sleeping with your wife and shooting your guns! :):

Top Bottom