Cop car pulled in my driveway 10 minutes ago...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Yeah, because pointing out the bad things that *some* cops do, instead of sweeping it under the rug and pretending it doesn't happen obviously makes the poster a cop-hating felon, or a dejected wannabe. It can't possibly mean anything else, right?

I can't help but notice it's always the same few LEOs around here complaining about it.

I can't help but wonder how well the shoe fits on the foot of he who doth protest too much.

I entered into this occupation by choice. It was not easy to get into and and it is even harder to stay in it. I for one took a 30k pay cut when I decided to take this job on. I am not ashamed of my chosen occupation.

I know from first hand experience what cops have to go through and what we have to put up with. Unless you are one or have been one you do not. I will always vigorously defend any LEO and this occupation. As I have stated before on this very site, once one of us screws up (commits a crime) and it has been proven, there is no one in the world harder on that person than other LEO's. There are no second chances once that happens. I have seen it more than once.When you read my "Protest's" as you say, know full well that is what is going on. I have first hand experience in all the very common BS allegations and complaints that come with this job. As a result I am suspect of any allegation,claim or complaint. It doesn't matter if it come from a person face to face or from some tinfoil hat website. No one is going to be changing my view on that.

Getting a little off track here but some on here have made reference to the professional courtesy issue. Once again I am saying I have not ever, nor will I ever, write an ticket to another LEO. Others before twisted one of my former post's attempted to put their little spin on my post by saying I would never bust another LEO for anything. (That person is no longer with us I might add :yesway:) On that thread the main subject was on not writing tickets to LEO's. The PC thing goes for some other occupations in that people live their life's for the service,safety and well being of others. That even includes LTC holders that act reasonable and responsible. Attitude is a big factor in all of this. The law gives us discretion in minor matters. (Think tickets) I use my discretion daily. I write very few tickets to ANYONE because it is my discretion.

As for you "shoe fit" comment, in my twelve years of doing this job daily, I have ZERO substantiated complaints. I have no disciplinary record what so ever. I have a desk drawer full of thank you letters from citizens and other agency's. Soooo so much for your "shoe fit" theory.

The us vs them mentality is not so. The us vs the criminal element is alive and well.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Man if you think it is a battle ground now you should have been here just a week ago. IMO some of the worst offenders, pot stirrers and anti anything law enforcement got the ban hammer. Those said offenders are now on other sites telling everyone how bad IDGO is even though they spent countless hours on here before. I am already liking INGO much better. There is still a little more work to be done but it is getting much better.

By the way... welcome to the site.

Can't wait for the Other Half of the Pot-Stirrers to get booted myself... :popcorn:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    The problem is that none of this helps the us vs them type of thinking. Not all LEOs are gun people and we need to encourage those that are to be a part of our group.

Unfortunately the professional courtesy that is extended between LEOs could get a little out of hand. I only hope that if the time came these officers would use some discretion in dealing with me.

They would Vert because you are a reasonable man. It doesn't take a guy but a few minutes to realize that.:)

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I entered into this occupation by choice. It was not easy to get into and and it is even harder to stay in it. I for one took a 30k pay cut when I decided to take this job on. I am not ashamed of my chosen occupation.

I know from first hand experience what cops have to go through and what we have to put up with. Unless you are one or have been one you do not. I will always vigorously defend any LEO and this occupation. As I have stated before on this very site, once one of us screws up (commits a crime) and it has been proven, there is no one in the world harder on that person than other LEO's. There are no second chances once that happens. I have seen it more than once.When you read my "Protest's" as you say, know full well that is what is going on. I have first hand experience in all the very common BS allegations and complaints that come with this job. As a result I am suspect of any allegation,claim or complaint. It doesn't matter if it come from a person face to face or from some tinfoil hat website. No one is going to be changing my view on that.

Getting a little off track here but some on here have made reference to the professional courtesy issue. Once again I am saying I have not ever, nor will I ever, write an ticket to another LEO. Others before twisted one of my former post's attempted to put their little spin on my post by saying I would never bust another LEO for anything. (That person is no longer with us I might add :yesway:) On that thread the main subject was on not writing tickets to LEO's. The PC thing goes for some other occupations in that people live their life's for the service,safety and well being of others. That even includes LTC holders that act reasonable and responsible. Attitude is a big factor in all of this. The law gives us discretion in minor matters. (Think tickets) I use my discretion daily. I write very few tickets to ANYONE because it is my discretion.

As for you "shoe fit" comment, in my twelve years of doing this job daily, I have ZERO substantiated complaints. I have no disciplinary record what so ever. I have a desk drawer full of thank you letters from citizens and other agency's. Soooo so much for your "shoe fit" theory.

The us vs them mentality is not so. The us vs the criminal element is alive and well.

Ditto, and I am not leaving soon.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Nice edit job!!
    I did manage to save it first though. ;)

So? I shortened it down to be a little less confrontational. Feel free to post it if you wanty I don't care I'll stand behind it. I stand behind everything I say.

Again, I can take the heat. That doesn't mean I want to be a TOTAL jerk, but I'm happy being 70 percent jerk.

But what I took out wasn't anything that would get me in trouble around here. And if you saved it as you claim, you know that.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    So? I shortened it down to be a little less confrontational. Feel free to post it if you wanty I don't care I'll stand behind it. I stand behind everything I say.

Again, I can take the heat. That doesn't mean I want to be a TOTAL jerk, but I'm happy being 70 percent jerk.

But what I took out wasn't anything that would get me in trouble around here. And if you saved it as you claim, you know that.
    No arguments there!
    And yeah, I did save it.
    It will likely end up in the Toilet. :D

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh

Do I detect a soft spot? Just having fun no harm.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

I appreciate the kind words, but be careful not to make me guilty by association. :): I ain't no pig, and I don't need no stinkin badge! :laugh:

I can actually understand and defend the professional courtesy. I see stuff at work that I don't agree with but that does not mean I run to my boss and tell. Not a good way to maintain team spirt. Now what I don't agree with is a LEO letting another in their profession get away with blatantly criminal behavior like excessive speeding, drunk driving, domestic violence, etc. I also don't like it when my friends do things like speed and just assume they won't get a ticket because they are LEOs. Honestly LEOs should be held to a higher standard as they are often role models.

I assume that when you say you don't write tickets you are referring to stuff like driving 5 MPH over or jaywalking and not wreckless driving.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

No offense taken. I'm the one that said it, so it would be very pusillanimous (there's that word again) of me to get butt-hurt when somebody grabs the ball I hand them and runs with it.

I said before. I can take the heat I bring on myself.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    No offense taken. I'm the one that said it, so it would be very pusillanimous (there's that word again) of me to get butt-hurt when somebody grabs the ball I hand them and runs with it.

Thanks, no harm was meant. Just trying to smile a little.;) My wife tells me I don't smile enough.

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

I owe you a Rep for using a word that I actually had to look up... ;)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Nope I have met jbombelli. Pretty sure he is half a jerk. :D I kid, I kid.

Funny thing is I have also met J706 and these two would probably get along if a 6 pack were involved.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    I think QUE had the best idea have a -cop and a +cop sections if your in there starting **** you get the ban. From what I see I don't think a lot of it starts as a bashing until some one chimes in with there opposing thoughts and then the :bash: begins. My :twocents:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom