Cop car pulled in my driveway 10 minutes ago...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I have drawn my own conclusion that most officers where bullied in school......their parents did not love or respect them.......there wife is cheating on them....so they got a job so they could stick their chest out and play tuff guy....and try to demand the respect that they never earned or received.......so, now we have our assumptions of each other......can't we all just get along????

Aww come on man, I was just saying how people on INGO don't make generalizations about all cops, just the bad ones!

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    Aww come on man, I was just saying how people on INGO don't make generalizations about all cops, just the bad ones!

I usually do not but it is easy to see who you are dealing with....with the first 2-3 words coming out of their mouth....and as I stated all but 2, I have had the pleasure of talking with.....which in over the years, has been approx 10-12.....so, i am not generalizing just saying that 75-80 percent are....in my personal experience.:twocents:

And I am fine with an officer assuming that 75-80 percent of the public are criminals

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    You bet I look around to see what people are doing and saying on other site. I could care less about what anyone says or thinks about me...not even a little bit.

And no I don't think this board should be a LEO love fest as you call it. But it does get annoying when it is always the same very select few that feels the need to make daily threads and posts that are clearly anti LEO. Something I do think is that many if not most of those select are either criminals that got busted, someone who wants to get into the LE profession and cannot or a combination of both. They live their life to surf the web to find any and all things that cast a bad light on LE as a whole. It is more than obvious.

Yeah, because pointing out the bad things that *some* cops do, instead of sweeping it under the rug and pretending it doesn't happen obviously makes the poster a cop-hating felon, or a dejected wannabe. It can't possibly mean anything else, right?

I can't help but notice it's always the same few LEOs around here complaining about it.

I can't help but wonder how well the shoe fits on the foot of he who doth protest too much.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    here is just one lovely ex. with our metro police dept. in Indy.......driving to work one morning (5am) I seen three cop cars with sirens approaching me...Ipulled off the road completely....2 cars were ahead of the third.......They stopped, right beside me and my son says " Dad, they want in this business parking light to my right". so, i esed foward to allow them behind me and as the 2 cars were pulling in the lot the third comes over in front of me and we clip bumpers....

This Richard jumps from his car with his hand on his gun and says YOU DRUNK MOTHER****ING IDIOT SONOFA***** HOW MUCH YOU BEEN DRINKING YOU DUNB MOTHER****ER....DID YOU NOT SEE US?....I said yes sir i did and the other officers wanted in this lot, that i was blocking, so i pulled up so they could get in and you came over and hit me....
    YOU ARE TO GET OUT OF OUR WAY, YOU MUST HAVE BEEN DROPPED ON YOUR ****ING HEAD YOU IDIOT.......sir, i was completely off the road when you hit me...where was i supposed to go, to get out of your way?
    DON'T TRY THAT ****ING **** ON ME, YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF ****....YOU HIT ME AND I HAVE WITNESSES!!!! YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MOTHER****ER, I HAVE EVER MET!!!!!

all said and done, i ended with a ticket for failure to yeild after a sargeant came over to see what was going on.....I would count the sargeant as a good cop.....except, he is the one that gave me the ticket.

the sargeant started to explain how they were chasing this guy for 30 min and that gets cops really ramped up and adrenaline pumping.....this idiot wasn't pumped up, he was ready to kill someone....a cop with this mentality and demeanour does not need or deserve to be a public servant..

Last edited:

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    That's because MANY of the LEO's that used to post on INGO, don't anymore!!
    You figure out why!!!! :rolleyes:

Fine with me....they have dedicated sights. Let us Indiana gun owners have ours!

And when you have fine outstanding police officers bragging about letting other fine outstanding police officers get away with.......what us so-called cop bashers would not.....it does not help their cause! Just my :twocents:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Fine with me....they have dedicated sights. Let us Indiana gun owners have ours!

And when you have fine outstanding police officers bragging about letting other fine outstanding police officers get away with.......what us so-called cop bashers would not.....it does not help their cause! Just my :twocents:
    The name of this site is "Indiana Gun Owners".
    If you'd remove your cranium from your rectum you'd notice that EVERY Cop in the State falls into that category. :n00b:
    And, believe it or not, most of them would agree completely with the vast majority of pro gun posts made here.
    However they will not express their support if they have to dodge the bashing crap at every turn.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

The problem is that none of this helps the us vs them type of thinking. Not all LEOs are gun people and we need to encourage those that are to be a part of our group.

Unfortunately the professional courtesy that is extended between LEOs could get a little out of hand. I only hope that if the time came these officers would use some discretion in dealing with me.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    The problem is that none of this helps the us vs them type of thinking. Not all LEOs are gun people and we need to encourage those that are to be a part of our group.

Unfortunately the professional courtesy that is extended between LEOs could get a little out of hand. I only hope that if the time came these officers would use some discretion in dealing with me.

But, everytime I have had an enter action with an officer......this is their mentallity......us every day citizens are criminals and they are above the law they have sworn to protect.......as stated by a few leo on this sight....in the comment "I have never nor would I ever give a fellow officer a ticket or pull them over"......I have never been treated this equally so therefore it is us and them!

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    The name of this site is "Indiana Gun Owners".
    If you'd remove your cranium from your rectum you'd notice that EVERY Cop in the State falls into that category. :n00b:
    And, believe it or not, most of them would agree completely with the vast majority of pro gun posts made here.
    However they will not express their support if they have to dodge the bashing crap at every turn.

Don't need to get my head out of my ass to get that but that means they should be here as a gun owner not as a better than thou cop

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Really? Ok, you can have it... adios

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Don't need to get my head out of my ass to get that but that means they should be here as a gun owner not as a better than thou cop
    After you've been here awhile, and after you get a few thousand more posts under your belt maybe you'll understand that damn near EVERY post with the words, Cop, LEO, Police, or any other description of Law Enforcement Personnel, gets turned into a Cop bashing thread here by a few "outspoken" individuals who have a chip on their shoulder for all Cops. :n00b:
    Several LEO's that belong here have expressed to me their disgust with that situation and a few have vowed to avoid INGO all together because of it.
    I became a gun owner by choice, and I became an LEO by choice, and I'll be damned if I'll let anyone crap freely on either of those choices.
    PERIOD!!!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    But, everytime I have had an enter action with an officer......this is their mentallity......us every day citizens are criminals and they are above the law they have sworn to protect.......as stated by a few leo on this sight....in the comment "I have never nor would I ever give a fellow officer a ticket or pull them over"......I have never been treated this equally so therefore it is us and them!

Unfortunately this is sometimes true. I have personally experienced this with my friends. All I can suggest is that sometimes we need to be the bigger man. When you get right down to it is professional courtesy between LEOs any different then any other workplace?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    better-than-you.jpg

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Quote, Rodney King "Can't we all just get along". Saying that he was 42 million richer. But in this light, it is not us vs. them. Most all officers I know are gun owners. I have at least 12 at last count. Some more might have slipped in. This is a sight for gun owners. Equal and different views on controversial gun topics.

Sgood, I've had to arrest officers before, didn't like it but it happens. I think the mentallity you speak of exists (to a point) but I can't tell you how many breaks I given (to non police) over the past that the person should have really gone to jail over. I also know that my being an officer gives me less credibility than some who aren't in certain topics. I know my view on certain things are going to be different. A lot of officers that you might come in contact with can come across very uninterested on your or everyone's problems. It's not that but it's a type of burnout or it is more os seeing the same problem over and over again and again. They seem disinterested.

All I want out of this site is to be able to listen to other views and express. I don't care if some see me as a threat (I am really not one). I at least hope that I can pass along just a little experience in tactics and give some do's and don'ts to some. I know that I have learned from others already.

Go ahead and bash me if needed. It can't beat some of the name calling I have received on the street.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    That's because MANY of the LEO's that used to post on INGO, don't anymore!!
    You figure out why!!!! :rolleyes:

:nopity:

I already know why.
    See my prior posts on this matter.

Some people can take some heat, some can't.

By the way, have you ever noticed that some LEOs around here never seem to have this problem?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom