• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I NEVER said you shouldn't OC. I've said that from the beginning. I only addressed the OP. Everyone else decided to jump in wanting pros vs cons. I gave them, and go NO refutes.

Bull1315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Terre Haute
    I had a co worker who entered a bank in Indy carrying OC a couple years ago. He got detained and asked to leave. Not sure what bank though and the rules may have changed since then.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Banks are federally insured. I should not have to be subjected to these questions. Please stop posting.

I'm not even an OC guy, but it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about. I don't fully understand their arrangement, but I believe that Rhino now owes Kirk a case of .45 because of your post.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I recently heard a retired ISP trooper say the same thing about banks being off limits to carry. So maybe there was a time in the past when this was true (don't know),but it's not the case currently.

Some people heard from LEOs that OC is illegal in Indiana.
    The police is just not the place to go to get legal advice.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I had a co worker who entered a bank in Indy carrying OC a couple years ago. He got detained and asked to leave. Not sure what bank though and the rules may have changed since then.

You can be asked to leave anywhere (bank, restaurant, my home) even if it's legal to carry a gun there.
    Store policies and rules are not laws.You cant get charged for carrying a gun in a bank but they can call the police and ask you to leave if they want.Just like they can ask you to leave if you're not wearing a shirt.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    LEASH...look at the last 3 pages of your posts. NOT ONE piece of info on CC vs OC. NOT ONE. You're stuck on the bank thing and you think that makes you "win".

Facts about OC vs CC remain. One is more tactically sound, the other is more socially sound.

ETA:

I've asked you repeatedly for a OC pros that outweigh CC pros, and you wont give them to me. That is the heart of the argument.

You lack so badly. I've said that I ride my bike enough to make OC preferable for me. Not that i should have to justify anything to you or anyone else.

post #98

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Some people heard from LEOs that OC is illegal in Indiana.
    The police is just not the place to go to get legal advice.

ESPECIALLY retired police! Not to worry, I corrected him as any self-respecting INGOer would. :laugh:

BTW, did you notice, I'm closing in on your post count! :): (only 24,000 to go!)

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    And what does a bank being FDIC have to do with guns?

Nothing at all. It is a common point of confusion about not being able to carry on federal property. Having FDIC insurance does not make a bank federal property any more than being insured under Obamacare makes you a federal employee.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    ESPECIALLY retired police! Not to worry, I corrected him as any self-respecting INGOer would. :laugh:

BTW, did you notice, I'm closing in on your post count! :): (only 24,000 to go!)

Lots of coffee and you can make it in a few days. :yesway:

I even been told once by a LEO on duty that carrying pepper spray was illegal.
    He said that "this thing shouldn't leave the house" or something like that.
    Wonder why he didn't charge me for it. :dunno: :rolleyes:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I can draw faster from an OWB holster with no cover garment than I can when I have to move a cover garment out of the way first. I don't care who you are, the more actions and steps you have to take, the more things you have to get right, the more time you'll take completing the task. That's just how it is.

Top Bottom