• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The Dems look at the deaths of American citizens at the hands of illegals as an acceptable sacrifice to bring in more future voters for their party!

Neither party wants to fix it, or they would have.

stg091817dapc_1024-1-e1505784636166.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    We'll see after November. I'm not sure the "cheap labor" mantra still applies.

Sure. It'll be different this time. He really loves us. He's changed. Trump's Amnesty is completely different than Reagan's Amnesty. Reagan's was 3 million, Trump figures 2 million, but hey...tough on illegal immigration. Make illegals legal, and ta-dah, fewer illegals! Tougher border security in exchange for letting the illegals already here stay is how it gets sold to the base...which was also the Reagan marketing. Sure worked great in the 1980s, I'm sure it'll work just as well today.

It's a cycle. Let the illegals come and set up roots, give them amnesty, talk a good game on border security but don't actually stem the tide. Then blame the other party for the "necessity" of amnesty because what else can you possibly do with all these people...and then distract your base so they'll forget soon. Repeat as necessary.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    And from what I remember, after the Reagan amnesty for illegals, even fewer hispanics voted Republican in the next election.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I don’t give a **** who is tougher on illegals, a normal Joe was killed by an ILLEGAL! The Colts player makes it National, but there’s a normal Joe ****ing DEAD because we refuse to secure our borders, unlike most countries in the WORLD! REAL IMMIGRATION REFORM needs to happen, whether we lose cheap labor, or VOTES.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Its note even just votes. Read somewhere recently about how Electoral College and seats in Congress or determined by census, which counts illegals just the same us citizens. Plus all the State and Local offices that use census data to cut up their districts. Doesn't really matter how they vote. Just get the right number of butts in the right seats, and you can swing a vote any way you want.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Its note even just votes. Read somewhere recently about how Electoral College and seats in Congress or determined by census, which counts illegals just the same us citizens. Plus all the State and Local offices that use census data to cut up their districts. Doesn't really matter how they vote. Just get the right number of butts in the right seats, and you can swing a vote any way you want.
    Not if you deport EVERY ILLEGAL in the country! I’m to the point I’d rather my taxes pay for the kids, who are technically citizens if they were born here, foster care until 18 than let the status quo go on!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Not if you deport EVERY ILLEGAL in the country! I’m to the point I’d rather my taxes pay for the kids, who are technically citizens if they were born here, foster care until 18 than let the status quo go on!

Lets put an end to "anchor babies" its a topic I have always wanted to see pursued legally.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Sure. It'll be different this time. He really loves us. He's changed. Trump's Amnesty is completely different than Reagan's Amnesty. Reagan's was 3 million, Trump figures 2 million, but hey...tough on illegal immigration. Make illegals legal, and ta-dah, fewer illegals! Tougher border security in exchange for letting the illegals already here stay is how it gets sold to the base...which was also the Reagan marketing. Sure worked great in the 1980s, I'm sure it'll work just as well today.

It's a cycle. Let the illegals come and set up roots, give them amnesty, talk a good game on border security but don't actually stem the tide. Then blame the other party for the "necessity" of amnesty because what else can you possibly do with all these people...and then distract your base so they'll forget soon. Repeat as necessary.

Money for the wall? It's hard to make the slimy mother****ers in congress stick to any deal long term. But end chain migration and the visa lottery and institute merit based immigration and I think you can make a real dent in illegals. Even though any amnesty will make some try to come here and hang on until the next one, it still beats doing nothing. And twelve years to full citizenship gives them plenty of rope to hang themselves with, so what percent will get thrown over the wall after all?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Money for the wall? It's hard to make the slimy mother****ers in congress stick to any deal long term. But end chain migration and the visa lottery and institute merit based immigration and I think you can make a real dent in illegals. Even though any amnesty will make some try to come here and hang on until the next one, it still beats doing nothing. And twelve years to full citizenship gives them plenty of rope to hang themselves with, so what percent will get thrown over the wall after all?

"The Wall" is political theater. An unmanned obstacle is a speed bump, not a barrier, and the only penalty for getting caught is having to try again tomorrow. I saw that in person in the late 90s. Back when NAFTA was going to fix it by removing the economic incentive and using military units to build wall 1.0 and assist in border patrol under Clinton. I've literally been there and watched illegals run across the border in flocks. You catch one, they all stop, because it's easier to try again tomorrow as a family unit than try to reconnect afterward. Now with cell phones so cheap and easily accessible, I assume even that's no longer an obstacle. If you want a wall to work, it's got to be protected and with deadly force, and nobody has the stomach for that.

Sure, you can cut illegals by legalizing them all. Amnesty for the ones who are here. Next up is the scare tactics they always use. My favorites are "jobs Americans won't do" which really means "for the wages and conditions offered" which leads to the second scare tactic of "prices will go up" and $5 tomatoes at the grocery store, because if (formerly illegal but now merit based) migrants don't pick them who will and labor costs money...and it's no longer the unskilled trades. I saw it in IT as well with the influx of Indians on tech worker visas. No, its very much about lowering wages. They can't sell you on that. "We'll let these people in to compete with you and cut your economic throat for our own profit" is a tough sell, so it's wrapped up differently but it takes VERY little effort to see the cycle and see that's exactly what's being done.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Will we enforce any new rules with more vigor than our existing immigration laws? Stiff penalties are attached to most programs in order to justify it's passage but the rules are hardly ever enforced.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think Bruce Lee was an illegal, not an "anchor baby".
    He was not born here.

Haven't you seen the movie Dragon? He was born in San Fran, and his dad sent him from Hong Kong to escape from demons. I don't know about the demons part, but Bruce was born here.

Top Bottom