• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    We are no longer a nation of laws. We have become a nation of emotions. We no longer enforce our laws because feelings. This is not going to end well.
    IMO current federal immigration law and enforcement make feckless DUI checkpoints look like exercises in efficiency and effectiveness.

We currently have a basically open border, no effective guest worker program, a shortage of immigration judges, and ICE being ordered to run around chasing their tails, even though deportation is largely meaningless because of our open border.

The current immigration enforcement is almost completely about appearing to do something, without actually effectively doing it. For example, ICE just got dinged by the federal courts for issuing tons of detainers on people without any regard for the statutory requirement for them to do so. ICE was issuing detainers on people who weren't scheduled to finish their sentence for months, despite the statute requiring there to be an imminent risk of escape before a detainer can lawfully be issued. I can't imagine why ICE would be acting like they were doing something about people who were in zero danger of being released or getting away.

As long as the feds are going to play this charade, I am absolutely opposed to any sort of state involvement. Marion County has found out how it feels to be left holding the bag. At the end of the day the federal government does not have any actual intention of creating enforceable immigration laws or or actually enforcing them. It is too convenient of a political dog whistle for both parties for either of them to consider letting go of it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    IMO current federal immigration law and enforcement make feckless DUI checkpoints look like exercises in efficiency and effectiveness.

We currently have a basically open border, no effective guest worker program, a shortage of immigration judges, and ICE being ordered to run around chasing their tails, even though deportation is largely meaningless because of our open border.

The current immigration enforcement is almost completely about appearing to do something, without actually effectively doing it. For example, ICE just got dinged by the federal courts for issuing tons of detainers on people without any regard for the statutory requirement for them to do so. ICE was issuing detainers on people who weren't scheduled to finish their sentence for months, despite the statute requiring there to be an imminent risk of escape before a detainer can lawfully be issued. I can't imagine why ICE would be acting like they were doing something about people who were in zero danger of being released or getting away.

As long as the feds are going to play this charade, I am absolutely opposed to any sort of state involvement. Marion County has found out how it feels to be left holding the bag. At the end of the day the federal government does not have any actual intention of creating enforceable immigration laws or or actually enforcing them. It is too convenient of a political dog whistle for both parties for either of them to consider letting go of it.

My statement was in no way restricted to immigration laws.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is a local group (name escapes me) pushing statements on the local news that we should not focus on imigration in this. Anybody can and does make these same mistakes. I seriously disagree. If this butt head had not came back for the 3rd time these 2 people would be at home with family.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    ...and the other guy? I know he's doesn't wear a number and have a 6-figure salary, but it would be nice if the news told us his condition too.

Goes well with all the other celebrity death threats on here. Other deaths don't matter as much

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Well, so much for Edwin Jackson's dreams and the dreams of the Uber driver. This is such a shame. Are we ever going to see an end to these tragedies? When they turn him loose again maybe Pelosi will hire him for her chaffeur.

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...And he was rolling a 50K truck...

I noticed that too. I guess working for cash and not dealing with pesky things like taxes has its perks.:rolleyes:

We are no longer a nation of laws. We have become a nation of emotions. We no longer enforce our laws because feelings...

Can I quote you on this next time I get pulled over for a traffic violation?;)

But officer, phylodog said...:laugh:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    There is a local group (name escapes me) pushing statements on the local news that we should not focus on imigration in this. Anybody can and does make these same mistakes. I seriously disagree. If this butt head had not came back for the 3rd time these 2 people would be at home with family.

He proved he was a lawless person.......if entering a country illegally was no big deal............no license and drunk sure as heck aint.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    The Dems look at the deaths of American citizens at the hands of illegals as an acceptable sacrifice to bring in more future voters for their party!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The Dems look at the deaths of American citizens at the hands of illegals as an acceptable sacrifice to bring in more future voters for their party!

This is exactly correct.

The same as gun control, any democrat vote is supporting this!

Top Bottom