Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I personallt like the rule. If the defense caused a fumble and it went out the back of the end zone they earned it.
    I think I agree with this more. Plus, I really like it when the dumbass who just busted a 90 yard run, and then lets go of the ball before crossing the goal line to show off. If it goes out of the endzone, too bad dumbass. Now it's their ball.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay so what about the other part of my question? Is it and goal to go? That wouldn't be terrible.

So if they're on the 1 yd line, 3rd and goal. They fumble the ball out of the end zone. They'd get the ball back but at the 20, and it's 4th and goal.

Okay, so then the dumbass who busts a 90 yd run and drops the ball before he crosses the line, it goes out of bounds, but the offense gets the ball. I'd say it needs to be 1st and goal from the 20. I want more karma. Unless it's my team. Then I want it at the 1, first and goal.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The current rule is 10 yd penalty and loss of down for fumbling out of bounds forward. If you fumble it into and out of the end zone, it's forward. So it seems like, to be consistent, it would be a 10 yard penalty or loss of down, so they get the ball half the distance to the goal line with loss of down.

So then it would only be a turnover if it was on a 4th down play.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The current rule is 10 yd penalty and loss of down for fumbling out of bounds forward. If you fumble it into and out of the end zone, it's forward. So it seems like, to be consistent, it would be a 10 yard penalty or loss of down, so they get the ball half the distance to the goal line with loss of down.

So then it would only be a turnover if it was on a 4th down play.

There’s no penalty for a fumble out of bounds.

If you bat it out of bounds on purpose then that’s a penalty.

If it just bounces forward on its own then it comes back to the spot of the fumble.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Okay so what about the other part of my question? Is it and goal to go? That wouldn't be terrible.

I’m not in favor of any rule change, just to be clear. Playing devil’s advocate here.

I guess to be consistent with the standard fumble rules it would come back to the spot of the fumble with a loss of downs.

2nd and goal from the 8. RB fumbles at the 1yd line into the endzone out of bounds. It would be 3rd and goal from the 1.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The Bills blew it. The stupid fake punt deep in their own end. On the final Bills drive Allen misses a wide open Diggs beyond the first down marker for a hero shot to the end zone that was well defended. ****ing kicker misses the kick.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There’s no penalty for a fumble out of bounds.

If you bat it out of bounds on purpose then that’s a penalty.

If it just bounces forward on its own then it comes back to the spot of the fumble.
    Yep. Don’t know what I was thinking. I suspect I got that conflated because there was a penalty for shoving the ball forward. Shoving it forward out of bounds is a penalty and loss of down. The ball going forwards out of bounds is just out of bounds and possession is retained.

So. I’m back to thinking touchback for the other team is appropriate.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I like CJ Stroud. NBC Sports, however, can DIAF.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I like CJ Stroud. NBC Sports, however, can DIAF.

To their credit ESPN did not cut it short. The act of cutting may just spur more. I think John Harbaugh just did that also…

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom