Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mom and dad gave my brother and me a cassette tape recorder for Christmas when we were about 10 years old. Guess what the first thing we did with it might have been :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    LMAO! My dad had an old Wollensak reel to reel that he used for work to record meetings (back in the late 60's - early 70's). Sometimes he'd bring it home and we used to play with it and we did the same thing! Cool thing about the Wollensak was that you could record it fast and play it back slow, or vice versa, for some interesting effects... :lmfao:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    LMAO! My dad had an old Wollensak reel to reel that he used for work to record meetings (back in the late 60's - early 70's)
    article-2399205-1B6656F7000005DC-410_1024x615_large.jpg

Dad?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A good coach taking over a team with a franchise QB…

Yeah. As a Michigan fan I'm not even all that upset. With Harbaugh gone, and a good chance he's taking Minter with him, losing a lot of their offensive talent to the draft, other teams trying to lure the remaining talent by throwing NIL money at them. Michigan will likely be rebuilding for awhile.

But everyone knew Harbaugh was NFL bound eventually. And with the ticky tack **** the Big 10 did to him, and the NCAA, it's not just chasing a Super Bowl that's luring him away.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The NFL is unreal how it left all other sports behind. I still attribute a large part of the success to the league maintaining parity between the big and small market teams with a hard salary cap, TV revenue sharing, and free agency. That every season near half the playoff teams are different gives everyone hope, even Lions fans after all these years.

Baseball, which I admittedly don’t follow, always comes down to the owners with the most money. Funny thing, the flashy NFL owner with arguably the most money, Dallas, just got his azz handed to him by an upstart corporate team, Green Bay in the playoffs.

That said, look at these ticket prices…

“If you want to attend either of this weekend’s conference championship games, it won’t be cheap. Instead, it could end up being more expensive than ever.”

“Per the San Jose Mercury News, via Sports Business Daily, Lions-49ers could end up being the most expensive conference title ticket ever, and Chiefs-Ravens could be the second most expensive conference title ticket.”

“A year ago, 49ers-Eagles became the most expensive on record, at an average ticket price of $1,822. Lions-49ers could be as high as $2,430.”

“Chiefs-Ravens has an average price of $2,199.”

“Even as televised NFL games are watched more than ever before, fans still love being in the stands — whatever the cost. And the current trend suggests that, for the first ever Super Bowl in Las Vegas, the average price to get in will be higher than ever before, too.”

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The NFL is unreal how it left all other sports behind. I still attribute a large part of the success to the league maintaining parity between the big and small market teams with a hard salary cap, TV revenue sharing, and free agency. That every season near half the playoff teams are different gives everyone hope, even Lions fans after all these years.

Baseball, which I admittedly don’t follow, always comes down to the owners with the most money. Funny thing, the flashy NFL owner with arguably the most money, Dallas, just got his azz handed to him by an upstart corporate team, Green Bay in the playoffs.

That said, look at these ticket prices…

“If you want to attend either of this weekend’s conference championship games, it won’t be cheap. Instead, it could end up being more expensive than ever.”

“Per the San Jose Mercury News, via Sports Business Daily, Lions-49ers could end up being the most expensive conference title ticket ever, and Chiefs-Ravens could be the second most expensive conference title ticket.”

“A year ago, 49ers-Eagles became the most expensive on record, at an average ticket price of $1,822. Lions-49ers could be as high as $2,430.”

“Chiefs-Ravens has an average price of $2,199.”

“Even as televised NFL games are watched more than ever before, fans still love being in the stands — whatever the cost. And the current trend suggests that, for the first ever Super Bowl in Las Vegas, the average price to get in will be higher than ever before, too.”
    I was driving home with wife and youngest two. I decided to drive by Lucas Oil so the kids could take in the sights/sounds/crowd. It was ~90min before kickoff. Parking, 5 blocks away, $50 !! The lowest price I witnessed was $30 and that was far enough away that it would take a minute to hoof it. Couple that with $80 for a nose bleed seat... I'll pass. If it weren't for the kids, I doubt I'd even watch a game on tv at this point.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I was driving home with wife and youngest two. I decided to drive by Lucas Oil so the kids could take in the sights/sounds/crowd. It was ~90min before kickoff. Parking, 5 blocks away, $50 !! The lowest price I witnessed was $30 and that was far enough away that it would take a minute to hoof it. Couple that with $80 for a nose bleed seat... I'll pass. If it weren't for the kids, I doubt I'd even watch a game on tv at this point.
    I understand the cost has bypassed the average family and it is just getting higher. But why is the cost so high? I believe the NFL is the last major shared experience left, everything else is a hollow shell of what it once was. About 50 million people tuned in to each of last weeks games. Football was something like 93 of the top 100 shows in 2023* and the SB will draw over 100 million viewers…

* I put an asterisk on that because the actors and writers strikes had some part in that. I expect numbers to drop next year back to a paltry 75 of the top 100. :lmfao:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The NFL is currently the golden goose. I recall the NBA of the 80's and early 90's being extremely popular. Now, not so much. At some point over-saturation and costs will be reflected in the NFL's revenue. Who knows where and when they'll cross that line? It already has for me. But there's 70,000 people every Sunday that feel the cost is worth it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The NFL is currently the golden goose. I recall the NBA of the 80's and early 90's being extremely popular. Now, not so much. At some point over-saturation and costs will be reflected in the NFL's revenue. Who knows where and when they'll cross that line? It already has for me. But there's 70,000 people every Sunday that feel the cost is worth it.
    The amazing part is there was concern, five years ago or so, that the home experience, with modern TV’s, sound systems, and comfortable seating was eclipsing the stadium experience. It appears they weathered that storm only to become more popular.

The talk of over-saturation has been on going but there is not any reflection of that in the viewer data. Even the streaming only games are doing great drawing fans to watch, the recent playoff streaming only game was near the ratings of the other wildcard games that weekend and very good compared to past years wildcard games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom