Not open for further replies.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Amen. Racing is different than stick n ball sports, regardless of how much nascar tries to make it the same. The safety has caused this new generation of drivers to have no respect for their competitors and willing to dump em to pass.

Also, the cars are damn near guaranteed to make it the race now. Drivers used to have to preserve their cars and try to keep it together for 500 miles.
    Yeah, it’s the only sport that requires one stick and two balls.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If peyton played today, after its evolved to this state, we dont know how he may have transformed his style, or if he wouldve been better than he was or worse.
    If Payton grew up **** the kind of focus on health and fitness that Arch grew up in Payton might have been a lot more mobile in his career than he was.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not a disagreement. Just an observation here.

Pretty much every generation says that. “It’s not like it was in my day.”

It’s the same in the NBA. “These young kids wouldn’t have survived back in MY day.”

Every old head will say that for all time. I will too when I’m old.
    Okay. Boomer talking here. Sometimes the new ways are better. Sometimes not. And sometimes they're just different. There is a bias for older people to prefer the way they did things to the new ways. But bias cuts both ways. Young people assume the new ways are an improvement. I see it all the time with the young engineers. I mean, if there's a better way then let's do it but just because it's newer doesn't make it better.

Is the NFL today better than it was 30 years ago? Well. In most ways, yes. Free agency did not ruin the game like everyone predicted.

Is NCAA football better? In some ways yes, but the NIL system in conjunction with the portal is creating a cut-throat aspect to the game to an extraordinary level. It was already cutthroat enough in recruiting. Now add the ability for teams to lure players from other teams with NIL money. I just think that sucks. Maybe some of y'all n00bs in life might not think so though. Just stay off my lawn.

I think the NCAA is broken beyond repair and I think it should be replaced with something less powerful with a charter that forbids power. NCAA was started to make the game safer. Back then it was not uncommon for players to be killed on the field. But right away, instead of focusing on that they wanted to punish teams that had good coaches. So one of their first rules was to forbid teams to hire coaches that weren't alumni.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom