Not open for further replies.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I think this is where the disconnect is.

No one is saying that the abilities of a pocket passer are obsolete.

But the days of a quarterback ONLY having abilities as a pocket passer with zero athleticism are long gone. Like Jamil said, they aren’t building those dudes anymore.

So how do we move forward in a world where most all quarterbacks can run?

The answer isn’t never run. That’s a massive advantage to an offense. Run smartly.
    I think this is something we can all agree on. After all the back and forth I think we've beat this dead horse into submission. I took a short trip to Evansville and you guys worked it out. Maybe the problem was me............ nah no way. :thumbsup:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Texans.

Watched a Tom Brady interview last night, said the nfl this year is mediocre. Lots of current and past players and coaches were asked about his statement and agreed.

Being someone who doesnt cheer for a particular team, but instead cheers for certain players, I agree with the statement. Of course, people can disagree, i dont care, everyone is welcomed to their opinion. Most casual fans dont know where the A gap is, the difference in cover 1, cover 2, and cover 3 (aside from their madden experience that they think makes them a pro at coverages :rolleyes:) or explain which offensive personnel is in a single formation and why… but they judge the level of talent with no real understanding.

Dont get me wrong. I would love to see the colts win and get another championship. But, I dont pull for any certain team, usually. Although, I do want the Lions to kick some ass and keep the momentum going.

I am enjoying the shift in dominance the past few years. The teams that were practically playoff guarantees for a 10 year stretch are now lucky if theyre in the discussion. The league needed that honestly. It was becoming stagnant.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I'll root for the team with the least whiney coach.
    Coaching my kids team, you’d be surprised how many little league coaches whine and cry. Its funny because you learn which ones are the biggest babies throughout the season, and see them do it every game.

Theres a difference in asking the ref something every now and then and whining about every penalty/sack/turnover.

Calm the **** down, an nfl team isnt gonna ask you to coach because of your amazing little league coaching abilities.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Watched a Tom Brady interview last night, said the nfl this year is mediocre. Lots of current and past players and coaches were asked about his statement and agreed.

Not a disagreement. Just an observation here.

Pretty much every generation says that. “It’s not like it was in my day.”

It’s the same in the NBA. “These young kids wouldn’t have survived back in MY day.”

Every old head will say that for all time. I will too when I’m old.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

It’s the same in the NBA. “These young kids wouldn’t have survived back in MY day.”

One sport where I can absolutely, confidently say that that is true is auto racing. It’s become so safe, and so much less physically demanding now. These kids think they’re 10 feet tall and bulletproof. Watch some crashes from the 50s. See what those guys looked like when they got out of a race car after 500 miles. Compare that to today. Big-time auto racing has been taken over by the little boys and the little girls. I rest my case.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Truth. Its like that on both sides. You either get the “it was tougher years ago” crowd or the “its tougher now” crowd.

Its even happened in this thread lol. People tend to have short memories and in their minds the current group is always the most athletic the sports ever had, or cant let go of the past and itll always be better back in their day.

I remember when the colts defensive line weighed the least in the league. It also made them the quickest in the league for a year or two. At the time, d lines wanted big guys to manhandle the offensive line.

Manning wasnt a mobile QB (although he does have 18 career rushing td’s lol) but he ran a no huddle offense pretty much all game long and wore defenses down. Now, a lot of teams go no huddle throughout the game a lot more often. QBs used to say very little at the line, now every play theyre pointing out the mike and giving block assignments. Peytons “poker” was for 5 defensive linemen. The cerebral aspect of what he did for that position evolved QB forever.

Sports are always evolving, as are the athletes. You cant compare michael jordan to steph curry, and cant compare peyton manning to pat mahomes. If peyton played today, after its evolved to this state, we dont know how he may have transformed his style, or if he wouldve been better than he was or worse. Although, Brady did just retire a year ago, so hasnt really had time to evolve since he left.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    One sport where I can absolutely, confidently say that that is true is auto racing. It’s become so safe, and so much less physically demanding now. These kids think they’re 10 feet tall and bulletproof. Watch some crashes from the 50s. See what those guys looked like when they got out of a race car after 500 miles. Compare that to today. Big-time auto racing has been taken over by the little boys and the little girls. I rest my case.
    Amen. Racing is different than stick n ball sports, regardless of how much nascar tries to make it the same. The safety has caused this new generation of drivers to have no respect for their competitors and willing to dump em to pass.

Also, the cars are damn near guaranteed to make it the race now. Drivers used to have to preserve their cars and try to keep it together for 500 miles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom