Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, I know nothing about all this online betting like Fan Duel and whatnot, but what would a 20 dollar bet on Green Bay have been worth with a GB win?
    I dunno. I don't gamble. I asked my son, he said he thought it would be 40 something. He didn't have any money on the game so he couldn't remember the odds before the game.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Met a lot of Bills fans in Indy a few years ago when they were in town to play the Colts. They love their Bills and love to have fun!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It’s been a good football day. Cowboys are sent packing. Jerry Jones almost cries on national TV. Lions finally win a playoff game.

One bad thing, I feel bad for Stafford. His season is over. Lots of respect for that guy. Tough as nails.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    In light of the previous post, this was a good explanation of the ownership/coaching relationship, particularly inheritance and control by non-football people.

It’s one of the most fascinating aspects of pro football. Businesses that are skyrocketing toward ten figures in value are still run like mom-and-pop stores. When pop dies, mom or son or daughter or nephew or someone else in the family takes over. Regardless of whether they know anything about running a football team.

The latest example of people who run NFL teams not necessarily having the skills to run an NFL team comes from Tennessee, where a decision was made this week to fire head coach Mike Vrabel. The decision came from Amy Adams Strunk. She’s the daughter of Bud Adams, whose estate plan split the team between the three branches of his family tree but inexplicably failed to give one of them control over the teams.

That became a low-key mess for the league and Titans for several years, until a deal was brokered to put Strunk in charge. Like many other situations throughout the NFL (Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Houston, L.A. Chargers, Las Vegas, Dallas, New York Giants, Detroit, Chicago, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, San Francisco, Arizona, Seattle), control has flowed within a given family from the person who bought or founded the team. There’s no guarantee that the person who inherits the ability to run a team will ever be equipped to do it.

Irsay has been preparing his daughters for years...

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Irsay has been preparing his daughters for years...

Kalen has the biggest social media presence, but Carlie (future owner) is down on the sideline at every practice and game. If you have a keen eye, you can spot her down there wearing a headset every single game. Like you said, she’s been doing that for years. She is absolutely plugged into the team and what’s going on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom