chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Was that after that last 4th down play?

I've heard some commentators say it's just as much on Goodson. I don't see it.

I watched the video several times, paused at various points on the play. Doesn't look to me like Minshew led him enough. Maybe Goodson didn't run a precise route. Maybe he was supposed to be where Minshew threw it. I doubt it.

But as it was I don't see how Goodson could have done any more than touch the ball with his fingertips. If it made it into his palms, yeah, he has to catch that.

But, if Minshew led him just a bit more that's a 1st down. So yeah, I think that was on him.
    No, it wasn't. It was said after the Colts had to settle for a FG. (And it also is a misquote.)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    kNFZ5rQ.gif
    I hate you.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Has anyone heard any updates on Irsay? I know several guys that are in loops that the gossip is that Irsay never returns home from this.

I like the guy, he has his flaws like we all do but at heart he seems to be a good guy, hope god blesses him whatever he has in store for him…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In light of the previous post, this was a good explanation of the ownership/coaching relationship, particularly inheritance and control by non-football people.

It’s one of the most fascinating aspects of pro football. Businesses that are skyrocketing toward ten figures in value are still run like mom-and-pop stores. When pop dies, mom or son or daughter or nephew or someone else in the family takes over. Regardless of whether they know anything about running a football team.

The latest example of people who run NFL teams not necessarily having the skills to run an NFL team comes from Tennessee, where a decision was made this week to fire head coach Mike Vrabel. The decision came from Amy Adams Strunk. She’s the daughter of Bud Adams, whose estate plan split the team between the three branches of his family tree but inexplicably failed to give one of them control over the teams.

That became a low-key mess for the league and Titans for several years, until a deal was brokered to put Strunk in charge. Like many other situations throughout the NFL (Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Houston, L.A. Chargers, Las Vegas, Dallas, New York Giants, Detroit, Chicago, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, San Francisco, Arizona, Seattle), control has flowed within a given family from the person who bought or founded the team. There’s no guarantee that the person who inherits the ability to run a team will ever be equipped to do it.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Has anyone heard any updates on Irsay? I know several guys that are in loops that the gossip is that Irsay never returns home from this.

I like the guy, he has his flaws like we all do but at heart he seems to be a good guy, hope god blesses him whatever he has in store for him…

He’s definitely eccentric, but he does so much for people and the community that nobody ever hears about.

I’m definitely ready for him to no longer be the owner. He’s just really hard to listen to. Maybe Carlie will be a disaster, who knows. :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom