Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's not that I'm a fan per se. New England itself is nothing to me. But I'm a Michigan fan and Tom Brady is the GOAT. And I respect Belechick, and Edleman. So I like to see them win when it's not against teams I like. The teams I like are Vikings, Bears, Colts, in that order. Oh. And anyone playing against the Packers. I hate those cheese-head ****nutz and Aaron Rogers.

Then the 49's trouncing they laid out last night must please you deeply.....:):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's not that I'm a fan per se. New England itself is nothing to me. But I'm a Michigan fan and Tom Brady is the GOAT. And I respect Belechick, and Edleman. So I like to see them win when it's not against teams I like. The teams I like are Vikings, Bears, Colts, in that order. Oh. And anyone playing against the Packers. I hate those cheese-head ****nutz and Aaron Rogers.

You must be pretty happy with the 49ers this morning then. 37-8 over the Pack. Oof.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Then the 49's trouncing they laid out last night must please you deeply.....:):

You must be pretty happy with the 49ers this morning then. 37-8 over the Pack. Oof.

Let's just say it was a good weekend of football. Michigan kept IU as its personal *****. Bears won. Patriots won. Cheese-headed ****nutz were embarrassed. Overall, a good weekend. Colts were disappointing though, but that was Thursday.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    He had some consistency issues this year for sure but you can’t deny he was a big play threat. I just want to see what our offense looks like with TY, Funchess, and Campbell all on the field.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He had some consistency issues this year for sure but you can’t deny he was a big play threat. I just want to see what our offense looks like with TY, Funchess, and Campbell all on the field.

Oh I wasn't being critical of Ebron, but it seems like we rarely have "all" of our best players active at the same time, or at least not for any extended period of time. Maybe other teams go through this too and I just don't know it because I'm not paying attention to other teams.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    :wallbash: Is it my imagination, or do the Colts seem to have more problems with injuries every season than most other teams? Just seems like every time we get one person healthy, two more get hurt.

They really do not, it just seems that way because you follow them close enough to know. Another thing with injuries, the Texans got Fuller back after being out injured since we played them last, he went off. If he is not there the Colts win...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As a guy that has gone from Pats despiser to respecter, I have pondered their success and my feelings they benefit from officials calls. First to really believe that you must believe that 31 super wealthy, powerful, successful businessmen are letting the league and officials benefit one team? I believe it actually runs the other way. The Pats have succeeded in such a way that it is unlikely any owner could beat the feat in his lifetime. The other owners are so jealous of the Pats and the league wants parity not dynasties, if there was a conspiracy I think it would go against them.

But that does not answer why we feel the way we do. My conclusion has been, the team is so well coached and disciplined that good things happen to good teams. The old luck is when preparation meets opportunity...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They really do not, it just seems that way because you follow them close enough to know. Another thing with injuries, the Texans got Fuller back after being out injured since we played them last, he went off. If he is not there the Colts win...

Yeah, you're probably right. Sure is frustrating. Like I said, it's almost like one step up, two steps back. Can you imagine this team, if all the key players were able to stay healthy for the entire season? I think that's why it's so disappointing when things don't go that way. So much potential, but we never get to see it realized.

I know the motto is always "next man up", but dang... seems like we keep running out of "next men".

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah, you're probably right. Sure is frustrating. Like I said, it's almost like one step up, two steps back. Can you imagine this team, if all the key players were able to stay healthy for the entire season? I think that's why it's so disappointing when things don't go that way. So much potential, but we never get to see it realized.

I know the motto is always "next man up", but dang... seems like we keep running out of "next men".

Injuries sure are a part of the "luck" in a game, would be fun to see a season where all teams were healthy. One reason the Colts are where they are this season, in the aftermath of the Luck retirement, is Ballard has said he would never be caught without a decent backup QB.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Injuries sure are a part of the "luck" in a game, would be fun to see a season where all teams were healthy except the Patriots. One reason the Colts are where they are this season, in the aftermath of the Luck retirement, is Ballard has said he would never be caught without a decent backup QB.

FIFY... ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, it is about the patriots, so I’m sure the ruling on the field will stand :):

:yesway:

Say what you will. I have watched a lot of football with the patriots on the field in hopes they get beat. If they are at home forget it. The rulings are skewed towards the Pats most of the time.
    Or just no calls.

Think Mikey Jordan.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    :wallbash: Is it my imagination, or do the Colts seem to have more problems with injuries every season than most other teams? Just seems like every time we get one person healthy, two more get hurt.

I'm starting to think they should change the name of the team from the Colts to the Indianapolis Injured.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm starting to think they should change the name of the team from the Colts to the Indianapolis Injured.

Well, to be fair, Ingomike is probably right. Other teams go through it too, but I don't pay attention to other teams so it seems like it happens to "us" more than the other teams. I just wonder if it's due to a training issue in the off season. I always bring up Bob Sanders. The guy was a monster - huge biceps, etc., but he was always one of the first to go out with (usually) some kind of muscle-related injury. Maybe they should hire a Yoga instructor as one of the trainers to teach stretching and flexibility work.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    :yesway:

Say what you will. I have watched a lot of football with the patriots on the field in hopes they get beat. If they are at home forget it. The rulings are skewed towards the Pats most of the time.
    Or just no calls.

Think Mikey Jordan.

Ya I find it odd almost every home game if you look at the stats after the game the opposing team always has close to double the amount of penalties. One of my favorite mic’d up episodes on YouTube is of Jon Gruden arguing with the refs, he says “well call it on Tom Brady then! I’ve never seen that called in my life!” Lol I love gruden

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom