• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think Jackson’s style is a lot like Vick’s, but Jackson is a better passer. Vick seemed to be a mobile quarterback who could also pass. Jackson has it all. I might be a little biased though, he’s a local sports hero. It seemed that when he played for UofL, on offense series it was an unfair match where the only contestants were Jackson against the other team.

He is all that but the NFL, as a group is smart, and will figure him out...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He is all that but the NFL, as a group is smart, and will figure him out...

Of course. Football is like a more complex version "paper, rock, scissor." In this case, it's all about personnel. Someone is going to get tweak the Nickel package, allowing for better middle coverage. Smaller, more mobile lineman, and speedy DBs. That's where I would start.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Jackson is better than Vick.

He is and I agree. But at 22 years old he is still somewhat immortal. He will be figured out soon enough by seasons end for sure. Some 240# free safety will lay the wood to him a few times and he will loose a step or 3. Seen it all to often.
    His thrown ball s not very refined. Needs a bit of work but man can he scramble...….for now.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Of course. Football is like a more complex version "paper, rock, scissor." In this case, it's all about personnel. Someone is going to get tweak the Nickel package, allowing for better middle coverage. Smaller, more mobile lineman, and speedy DBs. That's where I would start.

Kinda like the Colts D? We don’t have bulk. We have speed. Watching Kenny Moore come off a corner blitz against Jackson would be awesome.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Kinda looks like injuries is going to be the story of the year for the Colts. TY is out for the Titans game. Had a setback on the calf.

List of Colts that have missed time because of injuries/concussions:

Jacoby Brissett
    TY Hilton
    Eric Ebron
    Darius Leonard
    Marlon Mack
    Paris Campbell
    Devin Funchess
    Malik Hooker
    Jabaal Sheard
    Pierre Desir
    Clayton Geathers
    Kenny Moore
    Kemoko Turay
    Rock Ya-Sin
    Khari Willis

And of course that doesn’t include Andrew Luck who retired because of consistent injuries....

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Colts will have their hands full of Titans today.
    Colts are trying to survive the "next man up" mode they're forced to play while the Titans are peaking right now. They've had the Defense and now they're putting points on the board.
    Colts are playing 8-8 ball.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Colts will have their hands full of Titans today.
    Colts are trying to survive the "next man up" mode they're forced to play while the Titans are peaking right now. They've had the Defense and now they're putting points on the board.
    Colts are playing 8-8 ball.

If I ran a gambling company I would rate today's game a pick'em. This is not the same team the Colts beat earlier in the season. Tha QB change has energized them and they are 4-1 since. They control their own destiny, unlike the Colts, win out and win the division. NE had a nasty bout of flu in their locker room, to the point BB said they would have been in a very bad situation if they had to play Thursday. So no guarantees NE beats the Texans...

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I’m reasonably confident our defense can hold the Titans in the 20-point range but I’m not convinced that our offense can put up more than that. No TY. No Mack. No Ebron. Other than O-line and Jack Doyle, our entire offense is made up career backups.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Saw a crazy tweet. After the draft, Colts fans had to be excited about the potential of their offense this season. Andrew Luck, TY Hilton, Eric Ebron, Marlon Mack, Devin Funchess, and Parris Campbell. That’s got top 10 offense written all over it. NONE of them will play today.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Saw a crazy tweet. After the draft, Colts fans had to be excited about the potential of their offense this season. Andrew Luck, TY Hilton, Eric Ebron, Marlon Mack, Devin Funchess, and Parris Campbell. That’s got top 10 offense written all over it. NONE of them will play today.

Yes sir, the best laid plans of mice and men...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom