Colts 2017.... Same old song and dance....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Both of them; the Colts have a good solid quarterback, now they just need a good solid offense line.

Brissett? Mediocre backups are everywhere in the NFL. Luck is a game changer. You still have to give him at least one more season to see where he’s at. Anybody coming out of college is a tossup. We’ve seen what a healthy Luck can do. Remember the Kansas City playoff game? Brissett is a solid backup, and honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if some other team gave him a shot as a starter, but he’s no Luck.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'd rather see Luck get the boot.

That sounds like the same kind of nonsense as the people telling me earlier in the season that the Colts should keep Brissett as the starter, and get rid of Luck.

I had to wonder if those people actually watch football, or know what they're watching.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Both of them; the Colts have a good solid quarterback, now they just need a good solid offense line.

The Colts have a solid quarterback. His name is Andrew Luck.

Brissett is not even starter-quality in the NFL. He is Jim Sorgi: a competent backup.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    That sounds like the same kind of nonsense as the people telling me earlier in the season that the Colts should keep Brissett as the starter, and get rid of Luck.

I had to wonder if those people actually watch football, or know what they're watching.

That was probably me spouting off my stupidity and emotions when Brissett was playing very good.
    Since then he's shown to be a deer in the headlights and I'm eating crow.
    Brissette has some talent, good arm. I'm wondering about his mental aspect of the game. I saw him make a lot of plays that didn't make any sense to me.
    Yea, I'm with Chipbennett on Luck being a fine QB or at least was. The jury is still out on his shoulder and career.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I was actually hopeful that Pagano would turn the defense around, as they had been so poor all thru the Manning years, and he was supposedly a defensive guru.
    Unfortunately they actually seem to be worst than before.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The Colts have a solid quarterback. His name is Andrew Luck.

Brissett is not even starter-quality in the NFL. He is Jim Sorgi: a competent backup.

I'm not so sure. Brissett is certainly better than Sorgi, and remember has only been with the team since September. He's certain had a lot placed on his shoulders in a very brief amount of time. I don't think he is as talented as Luck, but if the Colts continue to refuse to protect Luck then his talents will continue to be wasted.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm not so sure. Brissett is certainly better than Sorgi, and remember has only been with the team since September. He's certain had a lot placed on his shoulders in a very brief amount of time. I don't think he is as talented as Luck, but if the Colts continue to refuse to protect Luck then his talents will continue to be wasted.

And it needs taken into consideration that Brissett has been playing under a very poor offensive system.
    Brissett's weak spot seems to be field recognition. He's NOT Rothlisberger and shouldn't hold onto the ball so long. He creates problems for himself and puts the offense in some precarious situations while at it.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I was actually hopeful that Pagano would turn the defense around, as they had been so poor all thru the Manning years, and he was supposedly a defensive guru.
    Unfortunately they actually seem to be worst than before.

Dungee was a defensive coach as well. He had one playoff season of quality defense. NOT quality defense for the whole season.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    One of the commentators said Bruce Arians was leaving Arizona. He did a good job when Chuck was out with cancer. Might be at least worth an interview with Irsay and Ballard

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

I really like Brissett. He seems like a smart guy, hard worker, and good leader. He very well may have more upside than Jim Sorgi. But I don't see him as a starting-caliber QB. (Maybe that changes, under the right system and competent coaching.)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Grandma used to tell me something about eggs in a basket but can't remember exactly what it was now. . .

Andrew Luck is a generational, franchise QB. When you get the chance to put all your eggs in a basket like that, you do it, and don't think twice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom