Colts 2017.... Same old song and dance....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Indy should be somewhat attractive. We have the 3rd most money to spend in free agency. We have a high pick that could be turned into more picks if we wanted to, or use it on a big name pass rusher. Ballard is highly regarded as a GM prospect. The big “if” is Luck. He is absolutely the guy you build around if he’s healthy. We have a weak division, which means a higher chance at making the playoffs. There’s a lot to like.

I'm not so sure the AFC South is a weak division anymore.
    The Texans were destroyed by injury more so than about any team in the NFL this year. And at least one suspension. Jacksonville can beat anyone, strongest defense in the league this year, and Tennessee had a good year despite their QB hobbled for 9 games.

Indy's D is actually a bright spot. Everyone complained about them not holding up and blowing leads. Not the D's fault if you look at the points allowed.
    I think it was the Star (Stephen Holder) showed that in games lost the D wasn't responsible. The O definitely didn't help out much. I blame coaching on this as much as players via youth, injury, and available talent pool was shallow for the Colts. They'res hope.

Yea, a new season coming up and the changes are going to be interesting.
    Indy got spoiled with Manning and the offensive talent Polian put together. We've had some dandys here and fortunate to have been privy to watch that football.
    Luck showed some promise even through some youthful mistakes and flat out courage to attempt some throws he shouldn't have. He's definitely above average at his position. He's got to learn to stay healthy. He's always been the Big Kid on the block until he got to the NFL. There are some brutes in the NFL and he's got to realize he's just another fragile body to the maulers.

We'll see what surprises Ballard throws at us. The Coaching needs addressed badly. Ballard's skills have been directed to the personnel areas. Let's hope he's got the same insights to the brain sections of the game as well.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County

Thats a great story.

There is no doubt he’s a wonderful human being. He’s always been known to be a great man. The problem was in game coaching decisions, 4th quarter collapses, failure to adjust at half time. I also think the lack of talent that Grigson gave him doomed CP.

I’m excited to see who they bring in and hope they can turn it around but I wish Coach Pagano nothing but the best.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Not really Colts related but congratulations to the AFC South. Titans and Jags both made it to the next round. Our division has been a laughingstock for a while so it’s good to see them show up in the playoffs.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Overall team stats from 2017

30th in overall team defense
    31st in overall team offense.

Not sure where a bright spot could be found. :dunno:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    We're not the Cleveland Browns

vTIej3m.jpg

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Tim Tebow was a outstanding prospect. Just not a very good q back in action. He could have most likely been a very good player in other positions. Even in minor league baseball the man can hit a ball. Full back Tebow. Linebacker Tebow. Tight end Tebow. Would most likely still be in the NFL but we would not really know his name.

Mcdaniels could be an upgrade over the current ex coach. I don’t know if that write up is factual or maybe a smoke screen.

I would like like to have seen an ex q back currently at Mich come on over next year and chuck still running as a dead man walking for another year. It all was written on the wall when they kept him last year. He knew he was gone unless they did will in playoffs. After the first game he knew that was not going to happen. He got his money has a smoke show wife. He will be fine somewhere in the future.

my concerns over mcdaniels is he will not have the same next man up he has at NE. He is going to have holes all over the place. A big question at QB and OLine. Not to mention running back and a third wide out. Not to mention the defense which looked better as the season went on despite loosing many players both good and bad.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm not so sure the AFC South is a weak division anymore.
    The Texans were destroyed by injury more so than about any team in the NFL this year. And at least one suspension. Jacksonville can beat anyone, strongest defense in the league this year, and Tennessee had a good year despite their QB hobbled for 9 games.

Indy's D is actually a bright spot. Everyone complained about them not holding up and blowing leads. Not the D's fault if you look at the points allowed.
    I think it was the Star (Stephen Holder) showed that in games lost the D wasn't responsible. The O definitely didn't help out much. I blame coaching on this as much as players via youth, injury, and available talent pool was shallow for the Colts. They'res hope.

Yea, a new season coming up and the changes are going to be interesting.
    Indy got spoiled with Manning and the offensive talent Polian put together. We've had some dandys here and fortunate to have been privy to watch that football.
    Luck showed some promise even through some youthful mistakes and flat out courage to attempt some throws he shouldn't have. He's definitely above average at his position. He's got to learn to stay healthy. He's always been the Big Kid on the block until he got to the NFL. There are some brutes in the NFL and he's got to realize he's just another fragile body to the maulers.

We'll see what surprises Ballard throws at us. The Coaching needs addressed badly. Ballard's skills have been directed to the personnel areas. Let's hope he's got the same insights to the brain sections of the game as well.

Jacksonville 45 Pittsburg 35. 1:45 remaining. AFC south is well represented

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom