Colts 2017.... Same old song and dance....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Bears fans were entertaining this year. My son is one of those. He complained when the Bears selected Trubisky first round. Complained about that all summer. He complained that he was sure the Bears would start Trubisky and he'd throw a bunch of interceptions and lose games. Of course they didn't start Trubisky. And the season got crappy. So then he complained that they weren't starting Trubisky.

When they finally DID start Trubisky, he complained that all they did was run the ball, and didn't let Trubisky throw it enough. So then the bears start letting Trubisky throw more. He throws some pics and then my kid starts complaining that they have Jordan freaking Howard! Why the hell aren't they running it more!?

I just laugh. Hey, Vikings are doing great.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Tides have been so low lately that I'm thinking about pulling for the Patriots.
    At least they play good football (even if I don't like some of the players or management) I do like Gronk. He's a freak of nature.

Yeah, man. That Gronk. What a great guy!

[video=youtube;uN-31xWD0bU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN-31xWD0bU[/video]

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Yeah, man. That Gronk. What a great guy!

[video=youtube;uN-31xWD0bU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN-31xWD0bU[/video]

He's not a candidate for the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award. Good thing he's a Patriot though, peeing in a cup might be hazardous to his career.
    I watch the NFL for football. Not for role models or fairness in life.
    I want to watch good football and good plays.
    Colts are delivering very little of either.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I quit watching the NFL altogether early to mid season.
    The players today are more worried about showboating their political opinions than the game.

There are almost no role models left in sports figures these days.
    Who aspires to grow up to be a jerk?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Frank Gore:. "I know I can still play. I don't want to finish like this"

Gore is a free agent after the Houston game. He averaged a career low 3.6 yds per rush per game this year.
    This team needs Gore. Yea, he's not fast but he's a work horse that can play through the nicks, dings, and bruises.
    This might be his last game in the NFL.

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    If gore will play for a little taste of an NFL salary he will be on the team next year. Marlin Mack will be a good runner next year. He showed a few next movies and some speed. Gore can then move up a few more spots on the NFL all time yardage list.

I think gore gore needs under 70 yards to pass the next guy on the list.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    If gore will play for a little taste of an NFL salary he will be on the team next year. Marlin Mack will be a good runner next year. He showed a few next movies and some speed. Gore can then move up a few more spots on the NFL all time yardage list.

I think gore gore needs under 70 yards to pass the next guy on the list.
    YDS
    1 Emmitt Smith 18,355
    2 Walter Payton 16,726
    3 Barry Sanders 15,269
    4 Curtis Martin 14,101
    5 FRANK GORE 13,926
    6 LaDainian Tomlinson 13,684
    7 Jerome Bettis 13,662
    8 Eric Dickerson 13,259
    9 Tony Dorsett 12,739
    10 Jim Brown 12,312
    11 Marshall Faulk 12,279
    12 ADRIAN PETERSON 12,276
    13 Edgerrin James 12,246
    14 Marcus Allen 12,243
    15 Franco Harris 12,120
    16 Thurman Thomas 12,074
    17 Fred Taylor 11,695
    18 Steven Jackson 11,438
    19 John Riggins 11,352
    20 Corey Dillon

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Gore is literally the best RB you never heard of, unless you follow the Colts closely.

Looking at that list that Harry posted I'd have to agree. He's ahead of a LOT of much more well-known names there. I'd never heard of him before he joined the Colts. He's one of the few bright spots on the team.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ok so make your guesses. How long after the game on Sunday will it take Irsay to start letting people go? Will Chuck have a job with the Colts after Monday? I think there will be an official announcement by Tuesday afternoon. I just think Irsay will wait until after the holiday to recover and meet with Chuck first.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Looking at that list that Harry posted I'd have to agree. He's ahead of a LOT of much more well-known names there. I'd never heard of him before he joined the Colts. He's one of the few bright spots on the team.

I first saw Gore when he played for "THE U"
    Same running style then that he has now at 34 yrs of age.
    He's a great back coming out of the back field as a receiver. Naturally Chudzinski or Brissette never used him properly.
    He's had to run behind make shift offensive lines that can't stay healthy. They can't open running lanes consistently nor protect the passer. Gore has been used so often as a blocker his yardage output is very low in indy. With the right blocking and team I'm pretty sure Gore would be well above his current yardage tally.
    34 is old for an NFL player. Whatever happens to him in Free Agency I wish him the very best.
    He's been a great player and the consummate professional during his whole career.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Ok so make your guesses. How long after the game on Sunday will it take Irsay to start letting people go? Will Chuck have a job with the Colts after Monday? I think there will be an official announcement by Tuesday afternoon. I just think Irsay will wait until after the holiday to recover and meet with Chuck first.

Get it over with.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm thinkin' them decisions done been made.
    Just hopin' our buzzed head team owner don't think Pagano did a great job 'cause of injuries. .... Jury is out on that wackydoodle Irsay.
    Smoke a fatty, play some guitar, and let Ballard do the master minding for a while.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom