• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree with you about the nature of his protest. He is mistaken in many ways. And while I can not say I respect his protest, I can abide it.

I guess the the reason he has drawn so much ire from me is that he has done something to greatly raise that ire. The Ferguson and Baltimore types **** me off, but I don't want to give them the time of day. Really I just want them thrown in jail for their crimes of assault, vandalism, etc. Colin has the right to do what he did and deserves no such thing. He gets counter-speech, if you will.
    So while it isn't amiable, and possibly not productive, what we have is a sort of conversation. Something we never had with the riots.

That's as close as I'm getting to a compliment. I'm still pissed at him.

I think his protest is a bunch of bunk too, but he is putting his career on the line. Before this stunt, he most certainly would've landed on a roster, but now, if the niners cut him, it would be difficult to see the team willing to pick him up... though I expect the niners will keep him.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I were his boss;

Let's see, you are bi-racial, abandoned at birth, adopted by white parents, grew up in an all white community, went to college and now make a gazillion dollars a year. Not a bad way to spend the first 29 years of your life. Now a stick or something is in your ass and you want to protest against oppression. Specifically oppression against people of color. Really now. Okay, nothing wrong with a good protest but do it on your own time. Not on the teams time, the fans time, just your free time, which I believe you will have a lot of soon.

You will not be allowed to express your opinion (s) in a public stadium where people pay hundreds of dollars to see a football game, not you sitting. The people in the stands and watching on TV want a break from the daily BS in their lives. Football gives them that break. They have worked 40, 50, 60, or more hours providing for themselves and their families. They want to be entertained have a few drinks and relax before the Monday grind begins once again. As my employee you are an entertainer. For 60 minutes you play football, people yell, scream, wave, laugh and generally have a good time watching the entertainer (s) play football. For 20 million or so a year you are among the few chosen to play this game. You are not chosen to protest whatever you are upset about this week or next week. Protest on your own time, not mine nor the fans.

I would encourage you to go on radio or television shows such as the View or Face the Nation and present whatever you are upset about to the American people. Though I doubt you could match wits with Whoopie and her gang. Refusing to stand for the National Anthem is your right under the First Amendment. It is not your right to sit when I am paying you to stand.

To sit costs nothing, it's free and easy. Reporters will ask you why you don't stand, you get free air time. So far your "protest" has cost you nothing. Instead of using your employers time and money to protest, why don't you get your wallet out, cruise around the decimated inner cities and elsewhere and write checks directly to the people you believe are oppressed. I doubt you will ever do that. Why do I believe this, paraphrasing a song lyric, "You are a fake, run back to your mansion."

Now go back to playing football so I can cut you from my roster, you fake.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If I were his boss;

Let's see, you are bi-racial, abandoned at birth, adopted by white parents, grew up in an all white community, went to college and now make a gazillion dollars a year. Not a bad way to spend the first 29 years of your life.

White privilege is the assumption that after being abandoned at birth, it's not a bad way to spent part of your life being raised by white parents in an all white community. As a black guy with two black parents, and who grew up in a mixed community, you have no idea how bad that part of your post comes off. He had loving parents, and came from a solid community... white had nothing to do with it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    White privilege is the assumption that after being abandoned at birth, it's not a bad way to spent part of your life being raised by white parents in an all white community. As a black guy with two black parents, and who grew up in a mixed community, you have no idea how bad that part of your post comes off. He had loving parents, and came from a solid community... white had nothing to do with it.

I seriously doubt that was his intent.
    I see your point and do agree somewhat but I read it differently.
    No time to explain at present just throwing this out there.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I seriously doubt that was his intent.
    I see your point and do agree somewhat but I read it differently.
    No time to explain at present just throwing this out there.

I doubt it was his intent also, it's one of the great things about privilege... one doesn't recognize if they benefit from it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I think his protest is a bunch of bunk too, but he is putting his career on the line. Before this stunt, he most certainly would've landed on a roster, but now, if the niners cut him, it would be difficult to see the team willing to pick him up... though I expect the niners will keep him.

Why would they keep him? Maybe.... just maybe...... it's that hidden privilege he has.....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don't know. That's a lot of salary cap to be sitting on the bench. And I'm not sure no one would pick him up. I think the NFL is more pragmatic than that. What teams might see as a potential liability in his shenanigans could be overcome if they're desperate for a quarterback. But I have to agree that his stock with other teams picking him up went way down compared to what it would have been without all the drama.

Shes 24. . . works for me.

She was a good hire for the Blaze. I can see her moving over to the FOX News stable before too long though. They like their blondes there too.

Well, yeah. But to me she just looks like she's mid teens. Maybe when she actually looks 24 I might find that more appealing. Also, she needs to tone it down. Verbal beatdowns, if that's what people are into, are better served sounding effortless. She needs to evolve from the high school vitriolic rants before she can be network caliber.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why would they keep him? Maybe.... just maybe...... it's that hidden privilege he has.....

Because he's not nearly as bad as people are making him out to be. Last season he was injured. The year prior, he put up solid QB numbers.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

THIS.

To sit costs nothing, it's free and easy. Reporters will ask you why you don't stand, you get free air time. So far your "protest" has cost you nothing. Instead of using your employers time and money to protest, why don't you get your wallet out, cruise around the decimated inner cities and elsewhere and write checks directly to the people you believe are oppressed. I doubt you will ever do that. Why do I believe this, paraphrasing a song lyric, "You are a fake, run back to your mansion."

And I'll add that his protest has cost him a lot. He's replaced Lochte as #1 sports douchebag, no one's ever going to touch him for commercial endorsements and he's at risk for fines, penalties, etc.

I think it's absolutely disgraceful what he did (does?), but his salary or parents have no bearing on his right to "voice" his opinion.* Whether or not he's been oppressed or had a cushy white childhood full of privilege should not preclude him from pointing out perceived injustice.

I've never been a cop, so do I have to take my blue lightbulb off my porch?

* I don't think this is a 1A issue as it's at a game where he is an employee on working hours.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Was this supposed to be in this thread?

Yeah, because while Kaep is protesting for his people, his people are out beating up 79 year old women and stealing from her so they can buy snacks at the corner gas station.

You'd never see white folks excusing the behavior of white criminals (besides mommy and daddy, of course). Most of the time, we think that white boys shot by cops probably deserved it.

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I doubt it was his intent also, it's one of the great things about privilege... one doesn't recognize if they benefit from it.

Poverty is color blind Kut....

article-2271185-174315CF000005DC-107_964x640.jpg

Reading-Bible.jpg

I am the grandson of a sharecropper who hopped an ICC train and left Muhlenburg County, Kentucky with nothing but the $5 bill his sister gave him to pay for his train fare...He opted to hop the boxcar instead and went to work at the RR cleaning Pullman cars side by side with other sharecroppers and sons of sharecroppers, both black and white.....

Privilege has one color...It's green...

We are both sons and grandsons of the rural south...We have both done pretty well for ourselves..Our grandfathers and great grandfathers would be proud...The only privilege either of us had was to not let where we come from define who we are...Yet at the same time to let where we come from define exactly "who we are" (weird huh?)...We are both blessed to live in a nation (and a time in history) to allow us both that privilege...

IMHO and with respect to our bloodline that got us here....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, because while Kaep is protesting for his people, his people are out beating up 79 year old women and stealing from her so they can buy snacks at the corner gas station.

You'd never see white folks excusing the behavior of white criminals (besides mommy and daddy, of course). Most of the time, we think that white boys shot by cops probably deserved it.

I must have missed the part where Kap condones that type of behavior.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    the only "privilege" I've had was a great family that supported me every step of the way and offered guidance when I made mistakes. For without that, I would not be the person I am today, and I would not be where I am today. Doesn't matter what color, shape or shade you are IMO. What does matter is the amount of drive you have inside and the support system you have behind you. Money will only get you so far (granted, it can get you a long way). But I've watched second generation rich kids get the family business and then run them into the ground more times than I care to count.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Because he's not nearly as bad as people are making him out to be. Last season he was injured. The year prior, he put up solid QB numbers.

QB ratings since becoming a starter:

You were saying?

His injury was a sore shoulder. Many QBs have played with sore sholders and put up much better numbers than that. When Blaine Gabbert is a better choice to be the starter, that's telling. Kaepernick got put on IR after having been benched a couple of weeks prior. He was benched for poor decision making. It's possible that his shoulder was bothering him the last 4 games he played, but it's also possible the move to IR was them putting him in storage so they could evaluate his future viability.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom