• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think we're agreeing here...talking about their enemies they beat in battle is a little different than talking about beating slaves for fun IMO. To single this single line out from a 4th verse of a song that the nation has adopted the first verse of, that was adapted to song from a poem written by (basically) a POW in 1814 and say that it's racist and is why black people are killed is ridiculous. If you truly believe this, I think you have some serious issues you need to work out ('you' meaning hte royal, general you, not you specificlally Kut)

We're agreeing (you can mark it in your calendar)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We can make valid arguments all around on these points.
    just a starter...can you or I protest on the clock...??? You might get a bit of Camera time but the loss of your job would make it a tough decision. Me, protesting in a customers home (interrupting their lives) would not be conducive to repeat business.
    Just pointing out that this is not a proper venue for these things in my mind. Yes, it is the perfect place to do it but the **** storm (yes, he wanted a **** storm) is not a positive thing for the majority of those he interrupted.

Forced patriotism.........save for a few dissenters it looks to be what the masses want.
    I enjoy those few moments when attending these events. It renews pride and lifts my spirits. But that is just me.

You do make valid points as always but I stand firm in my opinion to just play the damn game and use his sports based face in the media to seek out camera time that would be available to him.

Spot on, CM
    Not to mention that by initially protesting in uniform as a sixty-niner, you tar all of your teammates with the same brush. Do you think he bothered to consult them? Do you think they will like the light the team will be seen in now?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There's a lot of talk in this thread about about defending his "right to protest".

So far, I don't think I've seen anyone question his right to sit down or say anything. Of course he has the right to do what he did. So what's all this staking out the moral high ground of recognizing a right that I think everyone here agrees on and no one challenged?

Anyhoo, what Mr. Kaepernick does not have, is a right to a "safe place", free from criticism for taking the stance he did. Frankly, I question his motives before i even question his means. i think he's seen the handwriting on the wall about his time in SF (whether benched, released or traded) and wants to position himself as a victim. Even if sincere, I see his "protest" as useless in making a point or "starting a conversation"...as if there are not a million conversations out there already. Rather, it seems like if he believes what he is saying, he is more interested in how the "right" people view him than anything else.

Well, unless he wants to go back to college

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    The twins in my avatar and the 9 year old sister are mixed. Dad is a young man of color. Best way I can describe him other than he is a great father, good provider and he loves those girls beyond any measure I am aware of.
    I was dropping the 9 year old at school just moments ago. LEO had a mini van pulled over and the driver was a young Hispanic female that the 9 year old knows from her friends. She said she hopped she was not in trouble. I said I hope she has all her credentials so she won't be in trouble.
    9 year old said I was being a Racist.........:dunno:.This from a mixed 9 year old that I love more than life itself. She knows I am anything but a racist but the meaning of the word has been murdered.
    The term has been so skewed that is is so mis-used and the kids are being taught this.
    She said I was speaking of a Mexican so it was racist right.............:faint:

There will be a long conversation this evening. Where do I even begin.

The Media and the public schooling systems are re-defining the meanings of these types of words in order to create the divide. As a father I fight it every day with my kids. I teach the TRUE meanings of words like these, so they don't get pulled into the liberal playground where you never know where the next verbal punch will come from and can't defend yourself against the SJW's convoluted wordplay. They're out to make, in the end, everyone a loser unless you suspend your own beliefs and bow to their perverted true-isms.

Keep those girls on the right track CM. I know it's a daily battle, but to give in is so much worse.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK, so a little sidebar about a pet peeve. He references the VA Tech Basketball video, in which the national anthem is played for the players and some vets. Why can't people just sing the song? Since when is the opportunity sing the anthem an audition to get on American Idol?

Just a personal thought........

To me and my family, when someone with a serious set of pipes belts out the anthem and hits every note I can not think of any other moment that is more inspiring or moving. Especially when surrounded by a few thousand patriots/believers.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm done here. All I can say is that Kaepernick or however you spell it..( I don't give a ....) is one of those people we have to say "but I defend his right to say it" pukes.
    Poop on him and what he stands for.
    Deleting the notice to the thread now.
    Thats all.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The Media and the public schooling systems are re-defining the meanings of these types of words in order to create the divide. As a father I fight it every day with my kids. I teach the TRUE meanings of words like these, so they don't get pulled into the liberal playground where you never know where the next verbal punch will come from and can't defend yourself against the SJW's convoluted wordplay. They're out to make, in the end, everyone a loser unless you suspend your own beliefs and bow to their perverted true-isms.

Keep those girls on the right track CM. I know it's a daily battle, but to give in is so much worse.

I disagree. While technically, you are right as it's not racist, and we all know CM isn't that type of guy. His granddaughter shows a wisdom, well beyond her age. She already and sadly, has a perception of how, in America, people view those with not so fair a skin tone. Her statement about her friend's parent being pulled over is very innocuous. She simply said she hoped her friend's parent was not in trouble. CM qualified that by say he hoped she had all her credentials so she wasn't in trouble.
    For most people pulled over, "trouble," on a traffic stop, is speeding, running a stop light/sign, not wearing a seatbelt.... having proper driving credentials doesn't alleviate such infractions. However, for the illegal Latino community it's a different story. We all know this. His granddaughter, is smart as a whip, as she instantly made the connection of what CM said, to the situation.
    Now this is assuming this woman wasn't illegal, or CM has no knowledge of her status. It's not racist, but it is a bit presumptive.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I disagree. While technically, you are right as it's not racist, and we all know CM isn't that type of guy. His granddaughter shows a wisdom, well beyond her age. She already and sadly, has a perception of how, in America, people view those with not so fair a skin tone. Her statement about her friend's parent being pulled over is very innocuous. She simply said she hoped her friend's parent was not in trouble. CM qualified that by say he hoped she had all her credentials so she wasn't in trouble.
    For most people pulled over, "trouble," on a traffic stop, is speeding, running a stop light/sign, not wearing a seatbelt.... having proper driving credentials doesn't alleviate such infractions. However, for the illegal Latino community it's a different story. We all know this. His granddaughter, is smart as a whip, as she instantly made the connection of what CM said, to the situation.
    Now this is assuming this woman wasn't illegal, or CM has no knowledge of her status. It's not racist, but it is a bit presumptive.

Some truth in this Kut. I was stating that from knowledge that a good number of Latino's lack credentials. Not from a Racist stand point but hopping she was ready to present when asked.
    Yes, Karma is sharp. It is near impossible to get anything by her.
    Let me add to this by saying she has made some very profound statements of late that "Trump" is a racist. When asked where she gets this she said her teacher said so. Also attending a school with a large Latino student count these kids hear this at home and Parrot those things at school. This is bothersome to us.

She came home recently with an assignment to write a letter to the POTUS. Thing that was wrong about it was she had a sheet listing what was supposed to be in the letter. A crib sheet stating what a great couple he and "M" were and of all the great things they had accomplished. A total brainwash. My spouse showed this to me and we were just sad.
    There is a left leaning push in the agenda at that school It is obvious and hard to avert in Karma's mind.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Does Indiana not have mandatory insurance. Are there not papers the woman could lack that would get her in trouble due more to irresponsibilty and lawlessness rather than immigration status?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Just a personal thought........

To me and my family, when someone with a serious set of pipes belts out the anthem and hits every note I can not think of any other moment that is more inspiring or moving. Especially when surrounded by a few thousand patriots/believers.

Or when a former member of the 101st Airborne, pro America, Patriot belts it out on a guitar....

[video=youtube;MKvnQYFhGCc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKvnQYFhGCc[/video]

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana

Let me add to this by saying she has made some very profound statements of late that "Trump" is a racist. When asked where she gets this she said her teacher said so. Also attending a school with a large Latino student count these kids hear this at home and Parrot those things at school. This is bothersome to us.

She came home recently with an assignment to write a letter to the POTUS. Thing that was wrong about it was she had a sheet listing what was supposed to be in the letter. A crib sheet stating what a great couple he and "M" were and of all the great things they had accomplished. A total brainwash. My spouse showed this to me and we were just sad.
    There is a left leaning push in the agenda at that school It is obvious and hard to avert in Karma's mind.

My point made.

I'd rather schools stick to teaching facts, not following agendas - on BOTH sides.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I don't watch football so i am not sure if they introduce the players as they do in other sports. If they do and I were there there would be hisses, boos and rotten tomatoes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom