Not open for further replies.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    well thank you for your service.

as you well know then MIL/LEO/Civ all have different needs and TTP's. I have that same patch given to me by some guys from a BW team . it looks well with my others from teams depts etc... we have trained up

I mean all i have done is read the internet and shot IDPA. what do i know.

youre welcome. i dont know what bw is, but ill assume its something super hardcore.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    BW Blackwater............ the guy now works for triple canopy

You can lose you attiude as well with me sorry for trying to give a little back to those that may need it. ill shut up now and let you pros handle it.

i spent 15 years as sheriffs deputy in a ****y place. detroit to be exact. not Quite IRAQ we didnt have car bombs...

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Wow are you all way off base.

I love how a few untrained shooters take snippets and try to make up things to suit there argument......

3 if you have no clue on close range combatives and what happens get trained then get back to us.

i saw the practices of the animals i delt with and have been in world with them and been attacked by them as well. have you?

dont confuse your 180 range up down 2 rounds com bs as saving your life. it isnt

No your thought is far fetched

wow you are so off base i dont know were to begin the guide rod doesnt save you....or keep the gun from being knocked out of battery. and yes i can tell you how it goes in court. can you?

yes while being choked out or atttacked then during the fight the person gets behind you and grabs you etc... soon... but that never happens ever. how many hours of relivant training do you have from crediited trainers..

BW Blackwater............ the guy now works for triple canopy

You can lose you attiude as well with me sorry for trying to give a little back to those that may need it. ill shut up now and let you pros handle it.

i spent 15 years as sheriffs deputy in a ****y place. detroit to be exact. not Quite IRAQ we didnt have car bombs...

i think you did a little bit more than try to give a little back. i appreciate your input though. say hi to your brother jesus for me.

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    ill shut up now and let you pros handle it.

Well i would never consider myself a pro..

But i have studied a few defensive pistol techniques and have figured out alot on my own with practice. (I live with two Marines and they like to prove how much stronger then me they are.....everyday......ooorah....) While i would avoid any situation that would not allow my gun to fire when i pull the trigger, IE the thumb method...i would be less likely to need to employ that if i use an XD, which has a guide rod that if pressed against an object correctly, will keep the slide from moving out of position.

XD owns....dude...just get over it...i like glocks too...its okay..

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    No your thought is far fetched,

not that i dont like the feature at all. what it is is exposing the possible weakness in each weapons platform see there is more to training people than shoot com there is more to a good trainers than that as well. it is to create thought and possiblities while also showing the weakness and cures and actions to fix said things

the xd would not be my first choice for a a few reasons and yes i have owned them and trained with them.
    Thank you for stopping by to defend your technique.
    Please try my technique some time. Yes I have a little formal training. my technique consists of not pushing one's handgun into someone's flesh or any other object so that it goes out of battery. If it inadvertantly goes out of battery, remove it from the object causing malfunction. Yes, it will work with all types of handguns, even the ones I don't like. It will also not result in a FTE. (BTW, this technique is not original with me. It is used by many people with great success. No need for attribution, as I do not know the origin.)

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    Well i would never consider myself a pro..

But i have studied a few defensive pistol techniques and have figured out alot on my own with practice. (I live with two Marines and they like to prove how much stronger then me they are.....everyday......ooorah....) While i would avoid any situation that would not allow my gun to fire when i pull the trigger, IE the thumb method...i would be less likely to need to employ that if i use an XD, which has a guide rod that if pressed against an object correctly, will keep the slide from moving out of position.

XD owns....dude...just get over it...i like glocks too...its okay..

Ahh again i own and shoot most of them no love or hate they all work.
    glad you have studied a few techniques

I have over a few hundred hours of formal training.
    Im glad you can avoid any and all situations that would never ever have you use some or all of the techniques. (why carry a gun then?) you have watched or read or practiced and you will know how to press the gun in just the right way to insure all guns not only xd will work.

the thumb technique by the way isnt used as a primary way of doing things its a just in case along with the other 3 ways we showed how to counter the issue with all systems. jaming he gun wasnt shown as a way to do things by the way...... unless.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    Please try my technique some time. Yes I have a little formal training. my technique consists of not pushing one's handgun into someone's flesh or any other object so that it goes out of battery. If it inadvertantly goes out of battery, remove it from the object causing malfunction. Yes, it will work with all types of handguns, even the ones I don't like. It will also not result in a FTE. (BTW, this technique is not original with me. It is used by many people with great success. No need for attribution, as I do not know the origin.)

Ah No, not mine, but one i have been taught in years past.

yes removing it is often the correct thought and often not possible
    so whom have you trained with in these techniques? wonder if its anyone i have?

there are no absolutes in the world of shooting and fighting im glad so many here that weret privy to the whole thing have taken time to rip it apart and never have actually trained on it in it or thought about it except from there keyboards. because something bad was said there xd. wow

LOL oh well back to you regular daily shooting world all will be ok .

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009

If you had been to the Close Contact Shooting course, you would know that this and so much more was covered. It's not "his" technique, but one of many available if you are forced to fight for your life. Whether or how you choose to do so is up to you. And it's not a matter of "defending" a technique, but rather correcting the false assumption by several in this thread that someone didn't like a make, model or design feature and deliberately set about to invent an experiment to prove that it was faulty or undesirable. All manner of popular pistols had been put through their paces in various self-defense exercises and their findings (advantages and disadvantages not only of features, but the techniques themselves) reviewed with the students. Alternate methods were provided and drilled as well. The attacker won't give you the luxury of time, distance and deciding what technique to use. The students could test it for themselves by actually performing the drills repeatedly and taking whatever immediate action necessary, if any, to create that distance and finish the fight.

By way of trivia, I recognize that guy in the video that TFin posted as one of my classmates in the Sept. 20th CCS course. There were four instructors present, each with a different pistol. The dozen or so students had 1911s, XDs, M&Ps, Sigs, Glocks, H&Ks, even revolver backups. I didn't count them exactly and didn't care, since the focus of the course is to run what you brung to the best of your ability, especially with an assailant right on top of you. To dismiss the possibility of having your pistol pressed directly against him as being impossible or far-fetched is your affair, but I got more than my money's worth in training and information through this course.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Here is a great picture illustration of the point, taken from this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...dfi_close_contact_shooting_pics_thoughts.html

Can
    4043512704_df83a9fdee.jpg

Can't
    4042765003_d3990c0630.jpg
    What if the person that grabbed you from behind is a LEO that has mistaken you for a bad guy and you shoot him?:dunno:

TFin04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    Cleveland
    The what if's make my head hurt.

This is just a tool for the toolbox, IF you find yourself in a situation where your only option is a 'belly gun.' In no way is anybody saying "jam your gun into the guy so hard you press it out of battery, then push it forward with your thumb." I'm curious if anybody here has done any firearm training while they are on their back, with attacker(s) on top of them? That is just one example of a time when this might be needed.

And to the idea that the extended guide rod will stop this- You posting that only proves you haven't tried this. The guide rod doesn't do a damn thing unless you're defending yourself from a concrete wall.

BUT, you posting that also proves you consider this scenario a possibility, since you consider the guide rod of the XD as a way to avoid it. All we're doing is showing you how it REALLY happens, and what REALLY works to avoid it.

The law enforcement world has long since had a tradition of carrying wheel guns as backups, even with a semi as a primary. The idea being they are typically very reliable, especially in a position where you may need to jam the gun into somebody. Why does nobody question that, but they question a technique of doing the same with a semi auto gun?

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Steve MI,

So, help me work this out,

Disagreeing with you = "way off base"?

People you don't know and have no idea of their level of training = "untrained shooters"?

there are ways to do this we showed in the actual ccs class without using a crossdraw........

That is why I used the word "difficult" rather then "impossible" and used a smiley to indicate the sarcasm.

Steve MI[sorry not a posting expert.[/quote said:
    It would be much easier if didn't act like we're a bunch of buffoons for coming to a different conclusion then you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom