esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Have you read any of this thread?

:lol2:

While I think we all need to be careful to foster a spirit of teaching and learning, and not one of putting down, I do enjoy threads such as these. It gives each one of us something to think about, whether we agree or disagree. Thanks goes to the participants. :yesway:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    :lol2:

While I think we all need to be careful to foster a spirit of teaching and learning, and not one of putting down, I do enjoy threads such as these. It gives each one of us something to think about, whether we agree or disagree. Thanks goes to the participants. :yesway:

You feel better about it than I do; as I feel that I've created a 'final word' battle that went no where and did nothing but let people vent holiday stress! :)::rolleyes:
    Nothing has really been said to actually teach anything, just 'hinted' around.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You feel better about it than I do; as I feel that I've created a 'final word' battle that went no where and did nothing but let people vent holiday stress! :)::rolleyes:

Nah. . . Remember, if there are 10 people posting, then there are probably 500 more reading. Sure, this thread has had its fair share of chest-thumping, but at its core there has been a technique presented, and it is now up to the reader to apply or discard it.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Nah. . . Remember, if there are 10 people posting, then there are probably 500 more reading. Sure, this thread has had its fair share of chest-thumping, but at its core there has been a technique presented, and it is now up to the reader to apply or discard it.

We need a chest thumping smiley.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    We do. . . . sorta.

:chest:

:D

I was going for the gorilla, alpha male vibe.

ChestbeatinggorillainBwindi.jpg

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Have you read any of this thread?
    :rolleyes:
    Yes, I have. But some of us don't have time to read all 100 posts of witty banter(such as yours?) prior to posting a comment. I read some, saw the picture, read some more(seeing no mention about the thumb shooting behind the slide or the FTE issues someone else brougnt up) and posted.

You may live have time to live here and read all day long...but some of us have a job and a life away from the keyboard. :dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You may live have time to live here and read all day long...but some of us have a job and a life away from the keyboard. :dunno:

C'mon now, don't go making this a personal matter. The reason he asked the question was because your statement ("I wouldn't suggest doing that, you'll get hurt") was made, almost verbatim, earlier in the thread, and a video of the technique was posted, busting that "myth". He wasn't insulting you.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    Here's fuel to your fire, My Taurus only has an external safety, and I can take it off while still holstered, if I really try. According to this peeing for distance contest, that makes it the best of both worlds, correct.

I did learn something new from this thread. If necessary, I can keep my slide in battery without tearing off my thumb. I also learned that if some of the posters on this thread get this heated in person, while carrying their firearms, than I would feel safer being far, far away from that scenario!

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    C'mon now, don't go making this a personal matter. The reason he asked the question was because your statement ("I wouldn't suggest doing that, you'll get hurt") was made, almost verbatim, earlier in the thread, and a video of the technique was posted, busting that "myth". He wasn't insulting you.

Yeah, I got that.

He obviously knew I didn't read it because that had already been posted. I'm sure his post wasn't meant for him to come off the way it did, he only had but the noblest of intentions...My bad :dunno: Whatever.

Your post #101 doesn't exactly put you on the high ground now does it.

But hey, come after me and not that one who was being the smart alek. I guess I inadvertently got to you with my "life away from the keyboard" comment considering your >310 posts/month. And for that I apologize.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    :poop:

But hey, come after me and not that one who was being the smart alek.

He was trying to keep everything level. Did you get so caught up on the :lol2: that you missed the rest of his post?:n00b: It is funny that in a multi-page, more heated then usual thread someone asks and identical question to one raised before. It's funny not personal. Laugh it off.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

My 'laughing smiley' post was directed at TFin's comment, not yours.

But hey, come after me and not that one who was being the smart alek. I guess I inadvertently got to you with my "life away from the keyboard" comment considering your >310 posts/month. And for that I apologize.

Again with the personal comments. This is a discussion forum where we come to discuss gun-related issues. I don't know you personally, so I won't make any judgments on your character or how you choose to spend your time.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    He was trying to keep everything level. Did you get so caught up on the :lol2: that you missed the rest of his post?:n00b: It is funny that in a multi-page, more heated then usual thread someone asks and identical question to one raised before. It's funny not personal. Laugh it off.

I'm fine. I just don't appreciate people posting smart alek comments about what I have to say and then others coming to the rescue trying to justify and explain to me what the guy was trying to say, as if I can't understand it.

We shouldn't post things just to be a jerk or a smart alek with the goal to put down others. But apparently that's cool around here(except when I do it in retaliation), as long as you're the first to do so and then get others to pile on.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    My 'laughing smiley' post was directed at TFin's comment, not yours.
    Which was a smart alek comment about my comment. See the connection.

Again with the personal comments.
    That was not meant as a personal comment. Just an observation that I figured was the reason you jumped to TFN's defense after I comment on his post, not yours originally.

TFin04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    Cleveland
    Woohoo, I have earned my first negative rep comment on INGO. I feel special. :)

youngda- I'm sorry your life is so busy that you don't have time to comprehend the subject being discussed before tossing your (inexperienced) opinion in. Have a great holiday, I hope things settle down for you.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Which was a smart alek comment about my comment. See the connection.

As I said before, I don't believe TFin's comment was meant to be smart alek. I was attempting to help you feel better about it.

That was not meant as a personal comment. Just an observation that I figured was the reason you jumped to TFN's defense after I comment on his post, not yours originally.

I wasn't jumping to his defense-- I was trying to help you understand better so you wouldn't take offense to it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom