• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    furthermore...how could you jam that in there and not know that the gas system was not lined up...indicates he didnt know how the gun worked and thats the sefl proclaimed experts that work on your guns...
    How about idiot know-it-all's at the LGS that are also condescending. If you really don't have anything at the least intelligent to add, keep your mouth shut. "Why would you want to spend your $ on that?"

I'm surprised that bolt would even close on a gas tube that had to be bent.

Tryin to get my post count up after 5 years... A little slow...:ingo:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Do guns cost a lot more in Evansville? I've seen several grossly overpriced Glocks in the classifieds recently, and most have been in Evansville.

Does anyone visit any of the gun shops in Indy before pricing their used guns? I can buy a brand new gen 3 Glock 17 or 19 for around $500 + tax from a brick and mortar retailer. Why would someone mess around with an unknown seller just to save the sales tax?

IMO, anything that is still available new should be at least 20% cheaper if bought used, even if it's in like-new condition.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do guns cost a lot more in Evansville? I've seen several grossly overpriced Glocks in the classifieds recently, and most have been in Evansville.

Does anyone visit any of the gun shops in Indy before pricing their used guns? I can buy a brand new gen 3 Glock 17 or 19 for around $500 + tax from a brick and mortar retailer. Why would someone mess around with an unknown seller just to save the sales tax?

IMO, anything that is still available new should be at least 20% cheaper if bought used, even if it's in like-new condition.

No paper trail. Also every one thinks they are an entrepreneur these days.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I find it funny how there are people that have commented poking fun at people here that comment on people being annoyed with the classifieds, yet take it upon themselves to be the classifieds police...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I find it funny how there are people that have commented poking fun at people here that comment on people being annoyed with the classifieds, yet take it upon themselves to be the classifieds police...

We all like to wear a really cool uniform......:)

Not really knocking just pointing out the extent of what I consider advantage taking in our forum. 2 years ago the classifieds was a good place to shop with fair deals and good people for the most part. Now I am finding 55 post members pricing like gunbrokers and then seeing the same pieces out there as well. Working the market for a profit and pushing the law. This brings unwanted attention to use as a community as if we were not scrutinized enough.
    I have seen this same activity in every hobby I get into. Carpet bagers smashing the market for profit and rolling on to the next opportunity. Cal it what you will I do not care for these A$$hats. Stop paying stupid money for the guns/ammo etc and they will slink off into the slime where they came from. A used gun is exactly that and no more.....a used gun.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County

Not really knocking just pointing out the extent of what I consider advantage taking in our forum. 2 years ago the classifieds was a good place to shop with fair deals and good people for the most part. Now I am finding 55 post members pricing like gunbrokers and then seeing the same pieces out there as well. Working the market for a profit and pushing the law. This brings unwanted attention to use as a community as if we were not scrutinized enough.
    I have seen this same activity in every hobby I get into. Carpet bagers smashing the market for profit and rolling on to the next opportunity. Cal it what you will I do not care for these A$$hats. Stop paying stupid money for the guns/ammo etc and they will slink off into the slime where they came from. A used gun is exactly that and no more.....a used gun.

Actually not referring to you hah. What you say is what I think as well. Its their business to do as they please, but it is douchy.

There are others who just love to police and bring things up where the information is irrelevant.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    The truth is gun nuts dont believe in economics.

We believe in being emotional knee-jerk whackos who panic buy for self-imagined reasons.

We do not respond to the market, or even to natural outside stimulus.

We respond only to our self inflicted delirium.

Someone on the internet tells us something without proof, and we run out and strain our bank account buying things we dont need. Someone we THINK maybe MAY want to POSSIBLY do something vaugely gun related gets elected to an office, and we spaz out like a bunch of tweeking dopers and buy ammo that we will never shoot.

THUS WE HAVE the reason why I can't buy a 50 round box of 22mag for less than $35 right now. Screw all you guys.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

To All,

I tried to rep this ^^^ but I couldn't, because I couldn't agree more!

To my thinking INGO is more about community and less about marketing. We are a group of folks who have a shared interest coming together to learn, teach, and mostly kibitz, NOT to make money off of each other.

The free market is fine and I support it, but I really do feel bad for folks who have their ignorance exploited by "carpet bagers smashing the market..."

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom