• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't understand the people that will blow an extra $50 at a shop for the same item they could get In the classifieds but then they will ***** that the classified price was too high. Dumb du dumb dumb dumb.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I have to agree with this statement. Snorko always seems to have good stuff listed for fair prices.

Indeed he does, very fine fellow , even jolly, to meet in person too. Always come away chuckling after meet ups with both him and Bunnykid.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don't understand the people that will blow an extra $50 at a shop for the same item they could get In the classifieds but then they will ***** that the classified price was too high. Dumb du dumb dumb dumb.

Just speculating that there's a difference between supporting a LGS and lining an individual's pocket.

In my case I don't do either, if I can help it. I know what i can buy a gun for off the internet and adding in FFL fees. If the classified or LGS price isn't very close to that (or lower) I can go elsewhere.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Just speculating that there's a difference between supporting a LGS and lining an individual's pocket.

In my case I don't do either, if I can help it. I know what i can buy a gun for off the internet and adding in FFL fees. If the classified or LGS price isn't very close to that (or lower) I can go elsewhere.
    Yeah I'm the same way for the most part.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg

Wait, are you talking about a used gun for $50 more at an LGS or a new one compared to a used one in the classifieds? I assume all guns in the classifieds are used, whether the ad claims differently or not, since you can't verify it. It makes sense to me that some people would pay more for a new gun at a local LGS, that will back the purchase, over a used gun from some guy on INGO.

Now, if we are talking about both guns being equal (both are used in identical condition with no implied warranty at the LGS or classified), then I would certainly by the one in the classifieds.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I just buy most of mine from Kalboy

We like the trades too. Trading is always fun.

Seriously all things being equal, when that is the case, I like to buy/trade from fellow INGOers when possible, when they have something I would like having.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Wait, are you talking about a used gun for $50 more at an LGS or a new one compared to a used one in the classifieds? I assume all guns in the classifieds are used, whether the ad claims differently or not, since you can't verify it. It makes sense to me that some people would pay more for a new gun at a local LGS, that will back the purchase, over a used gun from some guy on INGO.

Now, if we are talking about both guns being equal (both are used in identical condition with no implied warranty at the LGS or classified), then I would certainly by the one in the classifieds.
    Yeah I meant used versus used guns. Also gear. I totally agree that if it's in the classifieds even unfired it's still a used gun and depreciated in value whether the seller likes that or not. Now some guns hold value but some don't. I try to research fair used prices before I sell anything but on some things I'm firm and could care less if it sells or not so I ask the price I'll let it go for. Currently a lot of people are broke as **** and others are just cheap ass mother ****ers wanting something for nothing. And it's always been that way with a lot of the gun crowd and even dealers. I'm cheap too though :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah I meant used versus used guns. Also gear. I totally agree that if it's in the classifieds even unfired it's still a used gun and depreciated in value whether the seller likes that or not. Now some guns hold value but some don't. I try to research fair used prices before I sell anything but on some things I'm firm and could care less if it sells or not so I ask the price I'll let it go for. Currently a lot of people are broke as **** and others are just cheap ass mother ****ers wanting something for nothing. And it's always been that way with a lot of the gun crowd and even dealers. I'm cheap too though :)

The new age entrepreneurs want to buy dirt cheap and re-post on other sites for profit. Not all but a few in here. You know who you are..............:nono:

kjf48197

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indy south side
    I read them do the research on the items then either laugh or try to buy. I can say that no matter how good the deal is if there is no pic there is no interest. I do not want them e mailed or have a text sent. I am on line looking I want to see it. I don't even look at ammo on here the prices are toooooooo high.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I read them do the research on the items then either laugh or try to buy. I can say that no matter how good the deal is if there is no pic there is no interest. I do not want them e mailed or have a text sent. I am on line looking I want to see it. I don't even look at ammo on here the prices are toooooooo high.

/sarcasm on/ Ammo to high??? :laugh: /sarcasm off/

How about the website that looks like someone picked up a few boxes of WWB at Wally and is trying to flip it. Amazing...

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Boomhauer! is that you? "that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man."

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The new age entrepreneurs want to buy dirt cheap and re-post on other sites for profit. Not all but a few in here. You know who you are..............:nono:
    yeah that's what I've heard. I only visit the classifieds on here so I haven't seen that myself. I just feel more comfortable stayin on ingo. Very rarely have I ever encountered a problem with a deal.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    You know a simple way to deal with profiteers is to not buy their stuff. Time is valuable. Sooner or later they quit doing it. If someone does not do their research and buys a $700 rifle then they kind of should know what a fair price for something they are looking for is. There are people here that periodically ask what a good price a used XYZ is.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Yeah, no pics irritates me as well. It doesn't take that much time to snap a couple photos with your phone and upload them to Photobucket or somewhere similar. Goes a long way to increasing your odds that someone will want to buy what you're selling.

Top Bottom