• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Or the ones that say "I will upload pics later when I get home from work." or something like that. How hard is it to just wait to post the ad until your pictures are GTG?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Or the ones that say "I will upload pics later when I get home from work." or something like that. How hard is it to just wait to post the ad until your pictures are GTG?

I just posted a long gun and photobucket was not being my friend. It took until the next day to get the pics up. I have no idea why.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Couple of recent posts in the classifieds making me have an internal debate on whether it would be worth it to send an IM and get an infraction.

Nope, not worth it, but it was close. Definitely agreeing strongly with the OP :):

StuBob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's funny when sellers are criticized for selling with a low post count. Looking around this site and its signal to noise ratio, I think things would improve considerably if members were encouraged to shut up unless they have something to say.

But, no, gotta get the post count up!

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    exactly...people are criticized for using the classifieds but how are people gonna have anything to offer unless the buy a gun from the classifieds or elsewhere...i have found 75% (not a scientific figure) of the posters on here giving advice are full of crap...thats just me...this site needs an idiot filter....

heres an example

Problem: My rifle is not cycling properly and bolt is not moving when fired

Example Solutions given by idots....
    Are you limp wristing....No idiot-its a rifle
    Did you clean it.....Yes idiot I have cleaned my gun but i dont clean it after every shot fired
    Those armalites are out of spec my buddy told me. I would look at changing out the receiver. --No idiot, there is no problem with the reciever
    I like squirrels and dont think ar-15 are good for squirrel hunting. sell that and buy a ruger 10/22--Hey idiot. Thanks for the off topic unhelpful banter but take your ADD meds before hijacking my thread.
    Get you a $3500 Daniel Defense...Hey idiot-you arent helping

Real Solution
    One person suggested looking at the gas setup who had actual experience aka not youtube expertise in dealing with this type of rifle
    Problem was an Idiot employee at Elmore's put the gas tube in upside down. I didnt even know that was possible and dont know how he did it given the slope in the gas tube. Then the guy denied doing it until I showed them the gas marks on the wrong side of the gas tube. They tried to say I did it until I showed them the gas marks. I didnt know anything about the rifle AT THAT TIME so i would not attempt to switch it. So the point is -Dont listen to self-proclaimed experts on ingo or at the lgs...get a gun and get some experience and knowledge about it yourself...the world is full of yahoos and wannabes...many of them are on here and can be found locally at your lgs....I also had a guy at a gun shop tell me my ar barrel was bulged so i would buy a new one from him....it was not bulged...another idiot....list goes on and on....

It's funny when sellers are criticized for selling with a low post count. Looking around this site and its signal to noise ratio, I think things would improve considerably if members were encouraged to shut up unless they have something to say.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    How about idiot know-it-all's at the LGS that are also condescending. If you really don't have anything at the least intelligent to add, keep your mouth shut. "Why would you want to spend your $ on that?"

I'm surprised that bolt would even close on a gas tube that had to be bent.

Tryin to get my post count up after 5 years... A little slow...:ingo:

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    I was selling a set of new Springfield Armory wood grips in the classifieds for $40. I got a message...FYI those are $40 new. I respond, good, mine are new as well. Springfield also charges $10 S&H. Also, unlike with Springfield, I can negotiate. I get the message back...Promo Codes!! Who gives a ****?? I posted an item for $40, if you can get it cheaper elseware, do it! Please do not whine to me over $5!!! My wife gets a kick out of all the grown ass big bad gun owners whining about prices. She said it takes away from the tough guy persona significantly!

Gotta edit...If I was asking $100 for them, I would get the harassing concept, but $10 less than new on a $50 item? Come on man!

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I must have a lot to say......a lot.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I don't like selling. Most of the time I just bring it to a store and sell it there. When I do list something to sell, I like to think I lost things at a fair and honest price. But then everybody wants to offer $200 less then what I ask for. Which is the same price I can get by bringing it to a gun store and trading it in. Maybe I should inflate my prices just so I can get an offer of what I really want to sell it for.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was selling a set of new Springfield Armory wood grips in the classifieds for $40. I got a message...FYI those are $40 new. I respond, good, mine are new as well. Springfield also charges $10 S&H. Also, unlike with Springfield, I can negotiate. I get the message back...Promo Codes!! Who gives a ****?? I posted an item for $40, if you can get it cheaper elseware, do it! Please do not whine to me over $5!!! My wife gets a kick out of all the grown ass big bad gun owners whining about prices. She said it takes away from the tough guy persona significantly!

Gotta edit...If I was asking $100 for them, I would get the harassing concept, but $10 less than new on a $50 item? Come on man!

Damn....I have about 6 sets of those gripes. I could flood the Market..........:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't like selling. Most of the time I just bring it to a store and sell it there. When I do list something to sell, I like to think I lost things at a fair and honest price. But then everybody wants to offer $200 less then what I ask for. Which is the same price I can get by bringing it to a gun store and trading it in. Maybe I should inflate my prices just so I can get an offer of what I really want to sell it for.

You are experiencing those who would flip your gun on another site for fun and mainly profit. Also the tight underwear crowd.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I should learn how to spell...I doubt a gripe will pull much attention and sell.....a set of grips, yeah. A set of gripes.....not so much.

Top Bottom