CIVIL RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION: General Religious Discussion...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Even if he can't tell the difference between Catholicism and an "agenda," he sure understands the nature of power.

Disgrace.

DmvzuvuU4AAa0ip.jpg:small

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, there is a generational issue. Back in the day, priests were protected not just by the church but by well-meaning, but mistaken, people in the community. The priests always got the benefit of the doubt.

I can't say that has 100% changed, but my generation - GenX - is much less likely to do that. Which, IMHO, is part of the reason there have been so many lawsuits for this conduct. Not just the misconduct with minors, but the coverup, too.

Cupich is channeling that older sentiment.

In related news, the Vatican is preparing further comment from the Pope regarding the McCarrick issue. Yeah, it was an announcement of an announcement.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Consider the source... A group specifically against Mormons.

"MormonLeaks releases Kirton McConkie doc detailing a half dozen Mormon sex abuse cover-ups. In one, they were reluctant to send a missionary home, b/c he could be charged with felony sex crimes. In another, they refused to ex an elder who molested an 8 y/o. Includes foreign sex abuse cover-ups"

https://mormonleaks.io/wiki/documen...vestigations_and_Products-Kirton_McConkie.pdf

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pope-f...-daniel-dinardo-scrutinized-today-2018-09-13/

[h=1]Dramatic twists as pope meets with U.S. cardinals over sex abuse[/h]

Yeah. They've obviously totally dropped the story. I mean, if someone were to look for articles on the story published today, other than CBS, who's covering it?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/13/us/pope-francis-dinardo-omalley-meeting/index.html

Oh, ok, but other than CNN?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...rges-against-west-virginia-bishop/1288308002/

Well, of course USA Today, but that's probably it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8a8b122176e2

Oh, I guess the Washington Post mentioned it.

The pope needs to clear the air over cover-ups in the Catholic Church ? including about his own conduct

The LA Times running an editorial on it, but who notices the LA Times?

So...yeah, total media blackout.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Really?
    Is he saying that Christians should police themselves and the devil is the one accusing the church of coverups?

Satan is the author of deception.

I feel for the catholic church, the people who make up the church. They are being misled, manipulated and deceived; IMHO.

I truly feel the pope needs to resign. He cannot lead. He cannot spin this enough to make others feel they need to accuse themselves. Making people feel guilty for the sins of others.

God may be exposing the debauchery and His Holy Spirit bearing witness to God's children. Or human pride may be destroying from within.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    When are they going to start locking them up?
    At this point, the pope having meetings is irrelevant unless it's with law enforcement. This is not a church matter anymore. This is not a religion matter anymore. This is a criminal matter of the worst kind.

These animals stopped being religious figures the second they felt lust for kids. This is not a normal human feeling for anybody on this planet. Child predators are not curable. They need to be disposed of accordingly.

Pray all you want people but for God's sake, pray for the kids.

San Diego diocese adds 8 priests to list of predators | Fox News

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I believe the catholic church has a problem that it is infiltrated with the gay "lifestyle" that has been covered up at all levels. The problem
    sadly weaves itself into the pedophile arena. The cover-ups are substantial. I would think the gay community wants to distance themselves from the pedophile label (perversion) because it gives the gay community a bad name; however, the link is obvious to many.

The pope and other leaders need to resign. There is no other way. Apologies are only substantiated through action - and there is seemingly only empty words at this time. The pope and others cannot blame anyone for this except themselves.

This will not fade away - as catholic leadership will hope. They are more concerned with self preservation than the hearts of their followers. Selfish pride is that of Satan.

May God bless his people, and may the people listen to God's Spirit rather than the lies of man.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I would think the gay community wants to distance themselves from the pedophile label (perversion) because it gives the gay community a bad name; however, the link is obvious to many.

Flat earth and jet fuel can't melt Jade Helm's chem-trails is also obvious to many.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I believe the catholic church has a problem that it is infiltrated with the gay "lifestyle" that has been covered up at all levels. The problem
    sadly weaves itself into the pedophile arena. The cover-ups are substantial. I would think the gay community wants to distance themselves from the pedophile label (perversion) because it gives the gay community a bad name; however, the link is obvious to many.

The pope and other leaders need to resign. There is no other way. Apologies are only substantiated through action - and there is seemingly only empty words at this time. The pope and others cannot blame anyone for this except themselves.

This will not fade away - as catholic leadership will hope. They are more concerned with self preservation than the hearts of their followers. Selfish pride is that of Satan.

May God bless his people, and may the people listen to God's Spirit rather than the lies of man.

Puzzling over how it came about...
    Would it make more sense to think they were recruited into the organization by intent?
    And then, what would the intent be but to destroy that church from within and promote an alternative system of beliefs?
    It certainly appears (to me at least) that's the point in history that we have arrived at.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Puzzling over how it came about...
    Would it make more sense to think they were recruited into the organization by intent?
    And then, what would the intent be but to destroy that church from within and promote an alternative system of beliefs?
    It certainly appears (to me at least) that's the point in history that we have arrived at.

Look it up.
    This is NOT a recent event. This has been going on since they invented "clerical celibacy". Something about following the example of Jesus Christ in being "MARRIED" to the Church. (failed attempt) I guess interpretation depends on your mood while reading the bible because I didn't see that chapter/book/verse.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Couple points brought up recently:
    Clerical celibacy was itself a reform that made sense for several reasons. Sinful indiscretions of the flesh plagued the church before celibacy was adopted (although the standard was much different back then). As set out upthread, the actual incidence of child molest, in particular, appears to be in the same proportion as other faiths and the population at large.

Just as we are more likely to learn now about teacher-student indiscretion, and molestation, part of our society's evolution is that these things are now more widely reported. That's just a fact. It provides more accountability, which is a good thing.

Along with that accountability is criminal prosecution. The Pennsylvania report was (as I understand it) specifically in the context of a criminal investigation. For what its worth, there are statute of limitations issues (which probably deserves its own thread) for the crimes that occurred in the "distant" past. I believe those crimes not barred by the statute of limitations are being pursued. "New" crimes have a far greater chance of being reported, because of the transparency and "mandated reporter" laws. In Indiana, most people who work with children in any way are required to report suspected abuse.

Top Bottom