2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You have me confused with someone else.

I do not read crap so I guess it is a joke.

If I thought you were serious I would be banned (rightfully) for what I would reply.

I find that insulting.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You have me confused with someone else.

I do not read crap so I guess it is a joke.

If I thought you were serious I would be banned (rightfully) for what I would reply.

I find that insulting.
    I'm sorry - I guess you didn't receive it as well as I thought. It's just a light-hearted article from the Babylon Bee, and I remembered that you used to write "G-d" (do you still?) and it made me think of you.

Really, I didn't man any thing bad by it - no insinuations, no accusations, no slander.

My apologies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Trump Finally Loses Baptist Support After Video Emerges Of Him Dancing
    [FONT=&amp]July 18th, 2019

article-4528-1.jpg

https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-loses-baptist-support-after-video-emerges-of-him-dancing[/FONT]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    OK, Sorry.

I used to be on a couple of forums with some observant Jews and it was a habit.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So driving home last night I saw a sign that made me laugh:

United Baptist Church

Which is so ironic for a group of Christians know to split over the the "proper" color of carpet in the sanctuary.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I resemble that implication.

I extended the platform in a small shotgun style Church which put the piano and organ on the same level as the pulpit and we had some almost leave over that.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So driving home last night I saw a sign that made me laugh:

United Baptist Church

Which is so ironic for a group of Christians know to split over the the "proper" color of carpet in the sanctuary.

I attend a baptist church that split in 2003 for not inconsequential reasons, but reunited in 2016....so........

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I resemble that implication.

I extended the platform in a small shotgun style Church which put the piano and organ on the same level as the pulpit and we had some almost leave over that.

Don't tell them that our drummer is above the pulpit. :):

Our main platform/stage is too high, so the pastor has added a semi-permanent lower rostrum in front of that.

Surprisingly, we've been pretty together recently - when you decide to move the church from the comfy 'burbs (aka Vanilla Village) into a relatively depressed part of town, you'd expect some dissent... but we've only had a few families walk away.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm certainly no Trump fanboy, and I find Revelation to have plenty of dogmatic traps, but I think "antichrist" is a strong pejorative for him.

He doesn't deserve that... yet.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interesting. I'm familiar with "dispensations" in a TOTALLY different context. :)

So I googled that.

Zowie. Fascinating stuff.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm certainly no Trump fanboy, and I find Revelation to have plenty of dogmatic traps, but I think "antichrist" is a strong pejorative for him.

He doesn't deserve that... yet.

Um...there's "THE ANTICHRIST"....then there's the much more common antichrists...and it's not all Revelation:

18 Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us. 20 But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all have knowledge. 21 I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and because no lie is of the truth. 22 Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father.

! John 2: 18-22

Is Trump an antichrist? I suppose an argument could be made. Of course, an argument could also be made that he's an imperfect, man who has not matured in faith...or otherwise.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Interesting. I'm familiar with "dispensations" in a TOTALLY different context. :)

So I googled that.

Zowie. Fascinating stuff.

IKR?

I had friend in college with all the charts...
    tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Basically, dispensationalist are the opposite of covenantalist. I believe John MacArthur is a dispenstationalist.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom