• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Just a question on what people think scripture indicates. I'm pretty much in the "spirit being stuck in a meat suit for a while" camp, that He made us and for His purposes has us cycle through here.

Do you think you were created when you were placed into your mother?
    Do you think you were with God and at some point placed into your mother?

Does it matter to you either way, or other way?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just a question on what people think scripture indicates. I'm pretty much in the "spirit being stuck in a meat suit for a while" camp, that He made us and for His purposes has us cycle through here.

Do you think you were created when you were placed into your mother?
    Do you think you were with God and at some point placed into your mother?

Does it matter to you either way, or other way?

That is a deep theological question, and one that does has some minor implications.

If you're Mormon, then all souls exist in heaven until God "deposits" them into "meat suits" as you put it. Which brings up all sorts of questions -why don't I remember that time? Was I frozen? Was I in a big cabinet? How many souls are there? What if God runs out? What if meat sacks run out?

There is a passage in Jeremiah that would lead us to the conclusion that our souls begin when our life begins. This is my belief, too.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    What about the Holy Stork? :dunno:

owvoDOP.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    God is three in one Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

We are created in God's image.

Body, soul and spirit, but God told man "In the day that you eat of the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil you shall surely die".

When man partook of the fruit his spirit died. So, man is incomplete and cannot have fellowship with God. When a person accepts Jesus Christ as his personal Saviour the Holy Ghost indwells him/her and fellowship is renewed. Ye must be born again.

I believe that at conception the soul us created along with the earth suit.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    We were warned we will be despised among men.

Christianity has been doing pretty well for itself the last few hundred years or so.

My grandpa and his church go down to Mardi gras every year and drag a life sized crucifix through the streets of the French quarter. When the drunk crowds yell profanities at them that's modern Christian persecution in the US.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Christianity has been doing pretty well for itself the last few hundred years or so.

Agreed. Right now, being Xtian in USA is pretty cushy. You've got Osteen on TV smiling at you, telling you how wonderful it is...

My grandpa and his church go down to Mardi gras every year and drag a life sized crucifix through the streets of the French quarter. When the drunk crowds yell profanities at them that's modern Christian persecution in the US.
    That seems.... odd.

I guess if you want to pretend to be Jesus... If I was there, would it be appropriate to enhance the experience by throwing my Hurricane at him? :dunno:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I think he says he is promoting Christianity, but I have only seen him if I pass him while flipping channels, so I do not really know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom