• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I don't know what a God family is but I would be happy to hear your evidence for it

However, How do YOU know that there is a GOD FAMILY.
    There is more evidence to support that there is a God family then there is evidence that there is not. Though both camps require faith.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I have always just kinda known God. My faith journey has included doubt about many aspects of faith, but not about the existence of God. Intellectually, I allow that there might not be God, kinda like intellectually I know that there might not be black holes.

But, all evidence - to me - suggests the existence of both. ;)

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I don't know what a God family is but I would be happy to hear your evidence for it

However, How do YOU know that there is a GOD FAMILY.
    Genesis 1:26 "Then God said, "Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground" -NLT
    The God family is composed of God the Father and The Word (the One who became Christ). Two beings making up the God family.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The difference is:

black holes are/maybe/are predicted to be measurable.

You separate the sacred and the secular. :)

I have always just kinda known God. My faith journey has included doubt about many aspects of faith, but not about the existence of God. Intellectually, I allow that there might not be God, kinda like intellectually I know that there might not be black holes.

But, all evidence - to me - suggests the existence of both. ;)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Two beings....

the Father and the Son

Of course, I imagine you anticipate the question what about the Holy Spirit?

What constitutes being?

Genesis 1:26 "Then God said, "Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground" -NLT
    The God family is composed of God the Father and The Word (the One who became Christ). Two beings making up the God family.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Two beings....

the Father and the Son

Of course, I imagine you anticipate the question what about the Holy Spirit?

What constitutes being?
    The Holy Spirit isn't a being, it's the power of God. If we use it to help us make good decisions and good choices then it will be healthy and then if we ask for more of it then God will give us more. If we do not use what we have then God will not give us more because we are not even using the small portion.
    When I mention "being" of course I'm talking about spirit beings. Two separate entities, but with similar minds and thoughts - so much so they are as one, but they are separate.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Filioque fruit.

The Holy Spirit isn't a being, it's the power of God. If we use it to help us make good decisions and good choices then it will be healthy and then if we ask for more of it then God will give us more. If we do not use what we have then God will not give us more because we are not even using the small portion.
    When I mention "being" of course I'm talking about spirit beings. Two separate entities, but with similar minds and thoughts - so much so they are as one, but they are separate.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I predict you never will because you will never know the depth of your own sin.

It'll be pretty binary.

If I'm not in union with God, then I'll know that whatever depth my sin was, it was too much.

If I am, then I believe it will include union with God's intelligence (among other things) which will help me understand.

(I'll leave out the part about my time in Purgatory in which I can contemplate the depth of my sins.) ;)

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    It'll be pretty binary.

If I'm not in union with God, then I'll know that whatever depth my sin was, it was too much.

If I am, then I believe it will include union with God's intelligence (among other things) which will help me understand.

(I'll leave out the part about my time in Purgatory in which I can contemplate the depth of my sins.) ;)
    I don't think there is a depth to sin. 1 John 3:4 "Whoever sins is guilty of breaking God's law, because sin is a breaking of the law." GNT
    A little bit of breaking the law is the same as breaking the law by leaps and bounds. Christ's blood pays the penalty of our sins, but He doesn't want us to keep sinning. He says "Go and sin more"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom