Not open for further replies.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I look at protestantism and I consistently see let's try this let's try that.

I'll take the Church.

Personally I do not see that, at least in the way you may be suggesting.

I will admit though, man throughout history, has changed many things; including the bible - to fit their own agenda. The Holy Spirit you speak of was sent to us to discern properly. God Jesus did not send the Holy Spirit to a church to discern and then to tell us how we should see things. Jesus actually spoke out against that while He was on earth. I do think the church is important but not in the same context as you do. People were given the Holy Spirit, people make up the church, the church is the bride of Christ. When people say God gave the Holy Spirit to the church, who is the church? What is the church?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The thread patriarchs tell me: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rvb again.

:)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You've heard me talk about St Gregory Palamas.

The monks he was defending in his writings against the accusations of Roman Catholic theologians is responsible for the essence energies distinction I have spoke of some.

Great history.

It's actually quite significant that Roman Catholic theologians are looking on Palamas favorably in the last century.

It was orginally the "Palamite Heresy" but that language has now softened.

But that topic is way off in the weeds for this forum :)

hahaha Wow. That's obscure nowadays. :D

And spelled differently. ;)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Because God before all time in His providence took her prayers into her account.
    That borders on predestination, doesn't it? ;)

You aren't seriously suggesting we shouldn't intercede for each other when we see suffering?

Do you pray for your wife?
    If that's what you call "interceding", then yes. Personally, "Pray for..." is a perfectly good phrase that doesn't carry any theological baggage; I'll stick to that.

But, I fear this scene has something deeper - why is Mary looking at Joseph? What about that point is requiring her interceding? Is it because she "knew" what was going on, but perhaps he was still clueless? Why isn't Joseph interceding for her? I mean really, she's the one that just gave birth - he was probably having a drink in the inn at the time, maybe smoking a celebratory cigar with the shepherds.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Personally I do not see that, at least in the way you may be suggesting.

I will admit though, man throughout history, has changed many things; including the bible - to fit their own agenda. The Holy Spirit you speak of was sent to us to discern properly. God Jesus did not send the Holy Spirit to a church to discern and then to tell us how we should see things. Jesus actually spoke out against that while He was on earth. I do think the church is important but not in the same context as you do. People were given the Holy Spirit, people make up the church, the church is the bride of Christ. When people say God gave the Holy Spirit to the church, who is the church? What is the church?

My job is not to convince you that I am right...my job is to convince you I could be...the Holy Spirit will do the rest

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I will admit though, man throughout history, has changed many things; including the bible - to fit their own agenda.

Zig,

I'm a bit concerned by this. Can you elaborate, or perhaps share your view of which "version" of the Bible is unchanged?

And to be clear, this isn't "gotcha" or anything. I do praise your interest in commonality, but it seems strange that you insist on an idea of "biblical" and now suggest that the Bible has been changed in history.

I *think* I know what you mean, but then I started to think that maybe I didn't. Like, if you're talking about the relatively modern instances of trying to make the Bible "relatable" or "easier" then I understand. If not, then I'm concerned.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A last minute gift idea for the Reformed man in your life.

attachment.php

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Zig,

I'm a bit concerned by this. Can you elaborate, or perhaps share your view of which "version" of the Bible is unchanged?

And to be clear, this isn't "gotcha" or anything. I do praise your interest in commonality, but it seems strange that you insist on an idea of "biblical" and now suggest that the Bible has been changed in history.

I *think* I know what you mean, but then I started to think that maybe I didn't. Like, if you're talking about the relatively modern instances of trying to make the Bible "relatable" or "easier" then I understand. If not, then I'm concerned.

0zI3fhH.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom